• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you respec an unlimited amount of times? Also, is 30 considered the stopping point for useful stats or no?

Respec:
Yes/No. You need a consumable to do it, it is rare, but near the end of the game there is a way you can farm them reliably.

Stop at 30:
The "diminishing returns" cutoff is 40.

2AdEPT

Hey everyone....I was invited to do post commentary on one of my favourite female-run channels: Heart Cooks Brain. she has a real sexy voice so it was all I could do to come up with semi-intelligent things to say...she just posted the latest vid with yours truly as a guest a few hours ago.

Forkball

Good god Shaded Woods. I gotta fight like the predator and fall into these random traps. Not to mention the multiplayer isn't working for me so I can't practice via summons or grind titanite chunks at Belfry.

Who the fuck heals during a duel? Summoned a Dragon invader and he fucking ran away to heal! Who does that? That's some scumbag shit right there. I understand Bell Bros and Rat Bros, but a straight up duel? Come on.

JimPanzer

Who the fuck heals during a duel? Summoned a Dragon invader and he fucking ran away to heal! Who does that? That's some scumbag shit right there. I understand Bell Bros and Rat Bros, but a straight up duel? Come on.

I used to do it too, just because I didn't know it's some kind of unwritten law within the souls community not to do it. I think there are tons of people new to the souls series which just don't know about it.

zkylon

zkylewd
ah rat authority was a lot of bark and little bite after all

took me a ton of tries to get the little dogs but once those were dealt with it was just a matter of patience as usual

i also removed like all my armor to get my stamina faster, tho i put on some clothes cos my 50% zombie hollow saskia was looking very unflattering in that state, but nothing too heavy.

so now it's 100% spidercave next

i already found the path and reached it once but i got scared and went back to the rat authority bonfire lol

will try again tomorrow, this is too fucking stressful for me

Echoplx

you regain stamina a bit slower every 10% weight

something like 20-30% will allow you to far roll which is slightly better than regular non-fat roll

Hmm, I've been around 50% for a while and was thinking of going with some heavier armor, might not now.

"That thing was too big to be called a sword. Too big, too thick, too heavy, and too rough, it was more like a large hunk of iron..."
screenshot133936mgrsc.png

Damn it I keep seeing that dragon slayer but I never found it yet.

I even named my first character after Guts (spelled it Gatsu).

Gestahl

rehashed locations that don't get even close to capturing the escence of the original (
The Gutter
)

The Gutter feels like someone at From copy pasted the same square wooden pallet over and over again and then scattered the weakest humanoid enemies in the game all over it. It's one of the worst areas and really shows how inferior a lot of the level design is compared to its predecessors (is there even a way to get back to Majula from the well beyond warping or using the primal fire? Easily the least thought out section of the game).

At least it's better than the Gulch or as I like to call it, a hallway

I'm playing Knight, any tips on what stats should I focus on?

Only put the bare minimum points STR and DEX depending on what weapons you want to use. I heard weapon stat scaling is pointless in this game.

Not sure about how much faith and intelligence scaling but if you want to use miracles or sorcery then pump points into those stats or just enough to use the spells you want to use.

If you gonna dodge a lot then put points in Adaptability. More ADP = more iframes in dodges.

Vigor puts points into HP the most so put as much as you are comfortable with

Put the bare minimum of points into Attunenemt if you have an idea of how many spells you want. Or you can 7use the rings that give you free spell slots.

Endurance should be at 20 points minimum as you should always have the plenty of stamina . Any points after 20 END only gives you 1 stamina point instead of 2.

Vitality is only for your equip load. Just put the bare minimum for what kind of armour and weapons you will wear. The bare minimum being under 70% equip load.

Forkball

Still having summoning problems. I can see bloodstains and messages, but when I put my sign down, I get "summoning canceled" error messages. Same when I try to bell invade. It's getting annoying and makes me not want to play. I had this periodically but it would go away, but it's been happening all day to me. I've restarted the game, Steam, my computer, verified integrity of game cache, but nothing. I also get a lot of "lost connection to Steam" messages even though Steam is a-ok. I co-oped and sunbro'd like crazy yesterday but now it's gone.

Wok

Still having summoning problems. I can see bloodstains and messages, but when I put my sign down, I get "summoning canceled" error messages. Same when I try to bell invade. It's getting annoying and makes me not want to play. I had this periodically but it would go away, but it's been happening all day to me. I've restarted the game, Steam, my computer, verified integrity of game cache, but nothing. I also get a lot of "lost connection to Steam" messages even though Steam is a-ok. I co-oped and sunbro'd like crazy yesterday but now it's gone.

I have the same problem since the start. I rarely lose the Steam connection though.

Strangely, I have a problem with the online features of the game: I can read messages left by others, I can see ghosts, I can be invaded in Belfry Luna, I can summon the help of others when I am in human form, but everytime I try to invade someone or to help someone, I get stuck for 5 minutes at the loading screen and then I get a message that the online connection failed and timed out.

Did it ever work for you? Have you disconnected a lot from multiplayer sessions? The game allegedly blocks out coop and your ability to invade if you disconnect too much, but you can still be invaded.

I have tried 3-4 times and it never worked. I suspect something to do with Windows7 firewall, but I cannot find any relevant piece of info online.

Only put the bare minimum points STR and DEX depending on what weapons you want to use. I heard weapon stat scaling is pointless in this game.

Not sure about how much faith and intelligence scaling but if you want to use miracles or sorcery then pump points into those stats or just enough to use the spells you want to use.

If you gonna dodge a lot then put points in Adaptability. More ADP = more iframes in dodges.

Vigor puts points into HP the most so put as much as you are comfortable with

Put the bare minimum of points into Attunenemt if you have an idea of how many spells you want. Or you can 7use the rings that give you free spell slots.

Endurance should be at 20 points minimum as you should always have the plenty of stamina . Any points after 20 END only gives you 1 stamina point instead of 2.

Vitality is only for your equip load. Just put the bare minimum for what kind of armour and weapons you will wear. The bare minimum being under 70% equip load.

Thanks a lot, very helpful.

Valygar

I do not advise to go full 70% weight. The stamina recovery is too slow. Last night I tried to defeat a boss, went full plate but blocking his attacks depleted my stamina faster than I recovered, even with chloranthy ring.

I went back with 50%, the stamina recovery was much faster and it did not increase the damage I received by a lot.

Just try it with your favourite weapons and see how it goes, if you go full tank the shields deplete less stamina so maybe its more viable.

Just farmed the stone knights to extinction and got the Llewellyn armor piece to drop but not the leggings or gloves... Don't want to have to use a Bonfire Ascetic just to get them. Oh well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont understand the last boss, is it supposed to be a dps race or am I missing something?

Is there anything exclusive to NG++ or rather, stuff that only appears in NG+ and is subsequently overwritten in NG++?
Wellager sells the rank 3 spell rewards from the Blue Sentinels and the Brotherhood of Blood covenants needed for the all spells achievements - they take something like 500 kills to rank up in the covenants. So I think going to NG++ is quicker!

Other than that I can't think of anything else. And you can't use an ascetic to get them unfortunately.

Vengarl is an actual NPC???
'Partly'.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
and finished. Didnt do everything, nor do I really feel the need to tbh. Still, great game, I would put it bellow DS1 but above Demons.

I dont understand the last boss, is it supposed to be a dps race or am I missing something?

Do you mean
Nashandra
?
Destroy at least two of the spawning curse spheres. Once you stop losing HP due to curse, the fight gets much easier. :)

Edit: Seems I was too late. Congratulation, now the real Dark Souls beginns.

Is there another way to cancel the penalty of the health bar or only the use of Human Effigies?

There's a ring
Ring of Binding, in Heide's Tower
that greatly reduces the penalty and you're getting back humanity after you successfully helped to kill a boss as a white/gold phantom.

Rhaknar

Do you mean
Nashandra
?
Destroy at least two of the spawning curse spheres. Once you stop losing HP due to curse, the fight gets much easier. :)

Edit: Seems I was too late. Congratulation, now the real Dark Souls beginns.

yeah i didnt realize you could kill the spheres. And nah, the real Dark Souls began when I started, im not a big fan of ng+. even in the first I started over with a new character (and finished again) instead of going to ng+. Im done with it for now, I might do another run someday, but not straight away. The game was exausting, im not complaining, but maybe im just getting too old for this shit as murtaugh would say :)

How am I seeing summoners (as in I'm summoned to help kill their boss) using lightning spear as soon as the
3 sentinels
in the bastille?

NBtoaster

I've seen complaints that this game is linear and its complete nonsense. I'm never short of new areas to explore and I can attack the major bosses in any order.

How am I seeing summoners (as in I'm summoned to help kill their boss) using lightning spear as soon as the
3 sentinels
in the bastille?

You can buy it from the lady in Heide, which you can access right from the start.
I've seen complaints that this game is linear and its complete nonsense. I'm never short of new areas to explore and I can attack the major bosses in any order.

I think what people mean by that is that connection between the individual areas is less complex than in the first DkS. It's definitely not a very linear game if you go into it blind.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
So, is the Cardinal Tower firebomb skip fixed now? I've seen conflicting reports and I just wanna know if it is or isnt (and if it still works what you have to do now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom