• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just beaten DaS 2. Interesting last quarter of the game to say the least. Honestly I was rushing through that last strech as I wanted to see the ending and I also didn't want to absorb too much in my first playthrough. Thankfully I missed out on a lot of shit if all those missing bonfire spots are of indication. I'm sure there will be another ending to work for like in DaS 1.

If NG+ is going to be like that first bit of Bexwit for the rest of the game then bravo From.

Now to make a better character.

knitoe

Ancient Dragon
is kicking my little behind, goodness. The enemies before it are obnoxious as hell too.

Hardest boss in the game, IMO. Annoyingly large HP pool and his
fire breath
is a bitch if you don't manage to outrun it.
Actually, he's pretty easy. Video will show you how.

Basically, stand a little distane in front of the dragon. Bait him to do his frontal fire breath. If you see him lift his head up, circle to side, get 2-3 hits in, repeat. If he slumps and flaps his wings, run away. Since you are already some distance away, in front of the dragon, running out of the fire aoe is no problem. Once the dragon lands, repeat trying to bait him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grqG-WwGqM0

You can buy it from the lady in Heide, which you can access right from the start.

I think what people mean by that is that connection between the individual areas is less complex than in the first DkS. It's definitely not a very linear game if you go into it blind.

I didn't know that! Thanks!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'd recommend anyone on the fence to try out NG+. There's some gear only avaible post NG, and there's some... interesting phantom placement.

Forkball

I found his armor set but not his kickass mask. Don't remember seeing a body though (unless you are referring to those generic hollow corpses that have treasure).

Shaded Woods spoilers:
His decapitated head is in the foggy area in the shaded woods. Hug the left wall and you should find a path that leads to a dead end. In some rubble is his head. Talk to him and he will give you the helm. He can also teach the decapitate gesture and is a vendor.

Yasawas

So, is the Cardinal Tower firebomb skip fixed now? I've seen conflicting reports and I just wanna know if it is or isnt (and if it still works what you have to do now).

It still works, it's just not as easy as it used to be. Try a few points along that patch of wall getting in as close as you can. In NG+ I couldn't get it to trigger and assumed they'd patched it but I managed after a few attempts in NG++.

yeah i didnt realize you could kill the spheres. And nah, the real Dark Souls began when I started, im not a big fan of ng+. even in the first I started over with a new character (and finished again) instead of going to ng+. Im done with it for now, I might do another run someday, but not straight away. The game was exausting, im not complaining, but maybe im just getting too old for this shit as murtaugh would say :)

You might want to reconsider. ;)
Darks Souls 2 NG+ adds additional enemies to the game. It really gets more challenging beyond just raised NPC stats.

Shaded Woods spoilers:
His decapitated head is in the foggy area in the shaded woods. Hug the left wall and you should find a path that leads to a dead end. In some rubble is his head. Talk to him and he will give you the helm. He can also teach the decapitate gesture and is a vendor.

I knew I didn't combed that area enough. Those invisible enemies were too much for my fragile heart.

eot

Banned
Does rolling use more stamina than in DkS? It feels like it. I'm not even using a greatshield and against a lot of bosses blocking seems more stamina efficient than dodging, which I think it's kinda lame.

Anyone with a bandit build? If so, whats your melee weapon of choice or does it even matter? Can you share your stats? I've been using a mace myself which seems to be doing the job. Still have the original bow but Im not very far in the game. In fact, I'm up to the boss (or whatever is behind the fog wall) over at Lost Bastille.

Also, I've ran into a few of those Pharos doors but I don't have one of those keys yet. Do you just find them in chests throughout the game or can you buy them? I remember someone selling just one.

Bummer... I was expecting some kind of huge spectacle at the end of
Dragon Shrine.
That fell pretty flat..

Yeah, I remember being kinda surprised when I realized that the
Ancient Dragon
doesn't just outright fight you. All that hard work dealing with those huge dudes that
never stop attacking because infinite stamina
pretty much means nothing in the end.

I really liked the memories, though. I kind of wish that section of the game was more fleshed out. I got a good Zelda vibe from it for some reason.

Cerity

Wanted to make a lightning spear build, named him Zeus. Have killed dragon rider and the last giant so far. I want to see how far I get without any deaths.

Qv176Sq.jpg

Vuze

So, I'm trying to work towards the Moonlight Greatsword achievement. I spoke to NPC
Benhart of Jugo
twice, once before unlocking the way to Shaded Woods and once afterwards, now he is gone from this initial area.

I tried to find his summoning sign in the army campsite of Brightstone Cove Tseldora but I can't find it :| I already burned one Bonefire Asethic and used Human Effigy but no luck either... any tips?

schwupp

i´m reading up on the whole invading thing.
is it correct that you can only invade via cracked red orbs which you can only buy in ng+?
is there any "unlimited invades" item?

Zafir

So, I'm trying to work towards the Moonlight Greatsword achievement. I spoke to NPC
Benhart of Jugo
twice, once before unlocking the way to Shaded Woods and once afterwards, now he is gone from this initial area.

I tried to find his summoning sign in the army campsite of Brightstone Cove Tseldora but I can't find it :| I already burned one Bonefire Asethic and used Human Effigy but no luck either... any tips?
It's inside one of the tents next to like a bust. I'm thinking maybe two to the left of the bonfire tent, but I could be wrong about that. :p

Can someone explain how hex magic works? From what I understand you can use chimes and staffs to use them but their power is scaled based on the lowest of the two magic stats? So if I want to use sorcery and hex how would I distribute stats?

Can someone explain how hex magic works? From what I understand you can use chimes and staffs to use them but their power is scaled based on the lowest of the two magic stats? So if I want to use sorcery and hex how would I distribute stats?

That's how it works. For hexes, INT should equal FTH, for sorceries higher INT is better. If you want to use both I'd still do INT = FTH.

Nearly all locations are so small in this game. When I enter a new area I almost always leave it/find the boss within 10 minutes and that's that.

Variety is good, but I'm craving for the big, interconnected levels of Dark Souls.

Vuze

It's inside one of the tents next to like a bust. I'm thinking maybe two to the left of the bonfire tent, but I could be wrong about that. :p

Thanks! lol no idea why I didn't find it... so obvious. It's in this one btw, good guess :p

jo9WAhyYsIsY5.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so, say I was to start over with a new character and play a sorc this time (if im playing more dark souls 2 right now, thats how it happens, not NG+ with my tank, im tired of that playstyle), help me out here.

Im like 40minutes in right now, I havent leveled yet. whats some good early stats to get around, I cant use any damn weapons or shields, and with only 30 souls arrows, Im thinking before I start leveling int to get new crazy spells, I should try to use some decent weapon first.

any tips on the early start as a sorc?

so, say I was to start over with a new character and play a sorc this time (if im playing more dark souls 2 right now, thats how it happens, not NG+ with my tank, im tired of that playstyle), help me out here.

Im like 40minutes in right now, I havent leveled yet. whats some good early stats to get around, I cant use any damn weapons or shields, and with only 30 souls arrows, Im thinking before I start leveling int to get new crazy spells, I should try to use some decent weapon first.

any tips on the early start as a sorc?
Yeah, I would first put a few points into STR and DEX so you can at least use a shield and sword. Unless you plan to play pure caster with zero melee.

I like spell-fencer type, it's a really fun combat mix to me. That's magic and rapier class weapons.

I found his armor set but not his kickass mask. Don't remember seeing a body though (unless you are referring to those generic hollow corpses that have treasure).

If you have his armor you've found his body.
That's who you fought at the primal bonfire after Freja and looted the armor from.

Is it just me or is the SFX fucked up in this game? I noticed that the jingle jangle of the royal swordsman enemies always sounds like it's coming from behind you no matter how you position your camera.

Its hard to tell where enemies are coming from.

Haunted

So, is the Cardinal Tower firebomb skip fixed now? I've seen conflicting reports and I just wanna know if it is or isnt (and if it still works what you have to do now).
There are literally like 4 regular hollow infantrymen between the bonfire and the other side of that wall and it takes like 30 seconds to unlock the first time around. Hardly worthy of being called a skip, imo. :D

Hello, Souls Gaf!

Quick question: Does summoning other people do anything to the strength of the boss you summon them for?
Yes, bosses scales with the amount of players. The more people you summon, the more HP the boss has.

Nearly all locations are so small in this game. When I enter a new area I almost always leave it/find the boss within 10 minutes and that's that.

Variety is good, but I'm craving for the big, interconnected levels of Dark Souls.
Lost Bastille is probably the closest to that, but it's kinda isolated on its own. If you consider the whole Harvest Valley -> Earthen Peak -> Iron Keep progression as one big,area to progress in, it's close. Beating those places back to back gave me a strong Dark Souls feeling.

So as I was trying to get summoned in the Belltower I kept getting invaded so I decided to sit behind the ladder and destroy anyone who dared postpone my sorceries achievement. I used to be honorable in DS1, but I have a no fucks given attitude in this game with how many terrible gimmick builds there are and how bad the hitboxes are. No remorse.

If you are trying to get summoned as a BellBro, best to hang out in Lost Bastille with the ring equipped. You'll be able to invade (quite frequently), but no one will invade you.

Love the character creator in this game. Hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom