• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Quick question here:

What attribute raises your spell uses? I used to have 10 castings of lightning spear and I raised some skill levels. Now I have 12. I want sure what ability augmented my allotment. Was it adaptability? Faith?

I have a extra charge aswell and would like to know

Sorry if this is annoying, but I still am a noob at this.
Is this more efficient/ a better use of my points?
14103680872_7669e39d7c_b.jpg

Booshka

Quick question here:

What attribute raises your spell uses? I used to have 10 castings of lightning spear and I raised some skill levels. Now I have 12. I want sure what ability augmented my allotment. Was it adaptability? Faith?

I have a extra charge aswell and would like to know

Attunement and some gear will add more spell uses.

Visceral said:
Sorry if this is annoying, but I still am a noob at this.
Is this more efficient/ a better use of my points?

Lower your ADP until you get your Agility to 100, Endurance to 20, VGR to at least 20, and higher if you have no where else to put your levels into. Not sure why people keep saying to stop at 20 VGR, it doesn't get bad until 50. The soft cap is 20, but the gains only go down by 33%, most other stats have their soft caps have a 50% decline, so it's still really efficient. HP is huge in this game as well, especially if you are going to PvP or do a lot of Co op.

Dynamic3

What's the deal with that
white knight that I can attack in the Lost Bastille (I believe he was in the Forest as well)
?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
What's the deal with that
white knight that I can attack in the Lost Bastille (I believe he was in the Forest as well)
?

He won't attack you if you don't provoke him. Each knight you kill drops a different weapon from the Heide Knight set. The one in Forest of Giants drops the Heide Knight Sword while the one in the Lost Bastile drops The Heide Knight Halberd I think

HoosTrax

I want to join Heris to the Sun. Do I have to defeat a bunch of bosses to get there? To get to Harvest Valley?
You would need to defeat at least two.

You need to go from Majula to Heide's Tower of Flame, then defeat Dragonrider in order to get the cleric lady upstairs to move back to Majula. This gives you access to Huntsman's Copse, which connects Majula to Harvest Valley after you defeat the boss of the Copse.

Sullichin

Is it not worth getting more than five giant souls for the you know what boss? Like, is having 8 of them just as good as having only 5?

Boss is giving me a massive headache . Beat him easily on console ver with only 4 but dying fast with 5. Just want to know if I should farm for more

Don't think having more than 5 makes a difference.

2AdEPT

Killed D
arklurker
with the Grym Great Hammer today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PezuYport60&feature=youtu.be

One of the best bosses in the game. The end of the fight is really intense if you do it melee.
Awesome man!! You made it look easier than it is though...your move speed was so slow also!!!!! Congrats.
Ffffffffff I can't beat ancient dragon. Can I do anything to survive that fucking breath?
Try to rape the AI by
standing front of the hind feet but avoid the middle...if he starts breath run away fast!
check link above...ok here it is again...but only after trying your best to do it on your own.
Bandit is the best melee class starter, just about every melee build is going to want around 12-18 dex for min requirements on a lot of weapons. From there you can crank you STR, VGR, END, VIT, and ADP. Bandit gets the best stats at the lowest Soul Level. If you are ok with keeping your Dex at 8-10, then Knight is the best class. But, you have to really committed to pure STR weapons, you lose a lot of options on other weapons.

The mugenmonkey is barely anything, but it's still good for stat calculator and figuring out what starting class you should go with.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls2/
I just take explorer for all melee charaters as it has the lowest faith and INT...the extra stuff helps, dual wield daggers right away with stone ring, and since I am in the ADP camp it has a decent amount to start the game with...I just raise all levels to suit after that.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Do these Nazgul-like enemies in the hall before the Velstadt boss fight respawn after you kill them? When I was summoned in other players worlds they were not there sometimes so I guess there is a way to make them disappear? Also any way to co-op Vendrick?

Lower your ADP until you get your Agility to 100, Endurance to 20, VGR to at least 20, and higher if you have no where else to put your levels into. Not sure why people keep saying to stop at 20 VGR, it doesn't get bad until 50. The soft cap is 20, but the gains only go down by 33%, most other stats have their soft caps have a 50% decline, so it's still really efficient. HP is huge in this game as well, especially if you are going to PvP or do a lot of Co op.

Taking this as a base. Thanks!
Are there stats that can help me roll farther?

Gazoinks

Do these Nazgul-like enemies in the hall before the Velstadt boss fight respawn after you kill them? When I was summoned in other players worlds they were not there sometimes so I guess there is a way to make them disappear? Also any way to co-op Vendrick?

There's a zombie under the stairs who rings a bell that endlessly summons them. You've got to kill him to stop them from spawning.

Booshka

I just take explorer for all melee charaters as it has the lowest faith and INT...the extra stuff helps, dual wield daggers right away with stone ring, and since I am in the ADP camp it has a decent amount to start the game with...I just raise all levels to suit after that.

Well of the three useless stats for pure melee, ATN/FAI/INT, Bandit has a total tally of those levels at 11 (2 ATN, 1 INT, 8 Faith) Explorer has 17 (7 ATN, 5 and 5 INT/FAI). Explorer also has really low STR/DEX values. The extra stuff in the beginning is a novelty for me at this point. I have no problem with the early game, I just rush to get Lenigrast key and get myself a Mace and Estoc in 30 mins or so anyway.

Edit: @VisceralBowl. Equip load is what effects your roll length, try to go for sub 50% to get a longer roll, and much faster stamina regen (which is also determined by equip load).

Sullichin

Attunement and some gear will add more spell uses.

Yeah stopping at 20VGR for PVP seems crazy to me for the builds I usually make.

Guys I am near the end I guess.
Went into the memories and got the Giant Soul and Ancient Dragon Soul. That was one hell of a experience. Such despair I was not expecting. I think the Queen is the final boss now. Going to Drangleic Castle anyhow. These feels.

Mistel

Banned
If you are ok with keeping your Dex at 8-10, then Knight is the best class. But, you have to really committed to pure STR weapons, you lose a lot of options on other weapons.
So knights are perfect for min maxing strength weapons then more or less?

Booshka

So knights are perfect for min maxing strength weapons then more or less?

Yep, if you have 10 or less Dex than Knight is the best class to just crank STR levels into.

EDIT: If you are going super low ADP for a tanky build that doesn't rely on rolling, then Bandit would be better because of the lower base ADP. And then you still get 6 More dex to play around with.

Just mess around with the mugenmonkey and see what you like.

BadTaste

I'm finding it hard to replace
Heide Knight Sword
, I have it at +10 and Raw. I did loot a katana called "
Washing Pole
" recently so maybe that'll replace it.

Facism

I was looking to do both, but I think I will just go melee.

Pick a weapon you like and spend the required points in STR/DEX in order to use it. Scaling is a little trash in this game :(

Rest of your points can be spread amongst HP, equip-load, stamina and getting your Agility up.

---

The Dark Soul get. Can put the game to rest for a while, now :)

You would need to defeat at least two.

You need to go from Majula to Heide's Tower of Flame, then defeat Dragonrider in order to get the cleric lady upstairs to move back to Majula. This gives you access to Huntsman's Copse, which connects Majula to Harvest Valley after you defeat the boss of the Copse.

Already have that area, great. Now it's time to get through it!

Zemm

I've used the same weapon the whole game (Club). It's been by far the best weapon I have too so it's not like it's being outclassed.

Taruranto

Geez, people weren't kidding when they said there were too many bonfires in some areas. They start to feel more like silly checkpoints than hope-spots.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Iron Keep is the best area in the game.

So I thought I killed the
four bosses
but I am not sure now because only three souls are popping up in my inventory.

It's possible you might have forgotten
to pick up the great soul after Freja. You have to pick it up separately unlike the other bosses. It's in the arena where you fought her.

Garcia

Man, what the hell. I don't see any summon signs anymore but as soon as I place mine I get summoned immediately! What's going on? SL 197, SM 5.4 Million. I don't get it.

Zemm

I've seen a lot of people using that. Is it only good for warriors or knights?

Well I started with a knight and I'm pure melee (strength) so I guess so. It scales really well (A) and does more damage than pretty much every weapon whilst swinging faster. Giant Club could hit harder but it swings a lot slower and the sticks really mess up the aiming.

yatesl

So I had 6 Sunlight Medals, and decided to keep putting my summoning sign outside of
Twin Dragonriders
and
Mirror Knight
(as it also gave me practice when it was actually my turn to do it solo - this feels less cheating that looking at Youtube!)

2 hours later...

#praisethesun

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
50 hours later and after having finished the game, I find out on my second character that you can blow a wall in the second forrest of giants bonfire that leads further in the level, nice shortcut o_O

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
50 hours later and after having finished the game, I find out on my second character that you can blow a wall in the second forrest of giants bonfire that leads further in the level, nice shortcut o_O

Yea some speedruns blow the wall from inside actually. The splash damage from a firebomb will trigger the explosive barrels on the other side. Don't know if it works on this version.

Man, what the hell. I don't see any summon signs anymore but as soon as I place mine I get summoned immediately! What's going on? SL 197, SM 5.4 Million. I don't get it.

I've had that happen before as well. Don't see any summon signs/messages, then I put my summon sign down and a ton of them appear.

Pray? LOL! ;)

You can opt not to leave the game for NG+ at any stage of the end game and I would buy all the vendor stuff and consider killing some of them before moving on....grinding certain invaders will be easier in NG like the
mad
warrior and
rhoy
...the covenant of
champions
will be easier in NG right....consider all that before moving on...you will have lots of warning.....

but getting back to bosses.....

AD aint dat tough if you rape the AI.
Darklurker
is downright a bastard/bastardess whatever and was the toughest boss in the game for me to melee....I eventually used a teeny weenie bit of pyro.....who am I kidding I chaos stormed his/her ass....but even with that he/she is still a tough boss.....some might say even cheap...but I am still fresh off fresh wounds so might be a little clouded in judgment.

Yeah dont watch these vids prior to giving it a shot yourself first but if you are having trouble have at er:
raping the AI on
Ancient Dragon
(heavy spoiler...it makes the boss trivial)

Mostly melee of
Darklurker
(most intense boss fight in the entire let's play...was down to a sliver of health twice.)
Just beat the
Darklurker. I guess I should be thankful I used a Soul Vessel to turn my heavy melee character into a sort of Paladin one a couple of hours ago, the Darklurker was apparently much more easy since all I did was dodge and throw Great Lightning Spears. It was moderately quick. Getting to him was pissing me off though.

Only boss left is the Ancient Dragon but can I really fight him if I've talked to him before? Do I need to use a Bonfire Ascetic? Will I miss on much if I don't kill him?

Vuze

Shit, I wanted to get Carhillion back to Majula as he is the last NPC missing. I should better have read the Wiki before and not rely on trophy/achievement guides...

Won't talk to you or sell you anything if your natural intelligence is below 8, bonuses from equipment and rings will not count.

Welp, so I spent a few thousand souls on a ring to boost my INT and now this lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom