• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any deals still roaming around for DkS2 on PC? Bought the PS3 version digitally when it came out and would be good for double dipping, but my mind would feel a bit more at peace if I had a coupon or some sort of deal. 49,99$ whitout taxes is a pretty steep pice to double dip at. :(

2AdEPT

Just beat the
Darklurker. I guess I should be thankful I used a Soul Vessel to turn my heavy melee character into a sort of Paladin one a couple of hours ago, the Darklurker was apparently much more easy since all I did was dodge and throw Great Lightning Spears. It was moderately quick. Getting to him was pissing me off though.

Only boss left is the Ancient Dragon but can I really fight him if I've talked to him before? Do I need to use a Bonfire Ascetic? Will I miss on much if I don't kill him?

Yep you can fight him, no to the BA, YES to the last question:

a.) the soul is a
giant
soul and helps with another boss.
b.) bringing down the largest enemy in the game - priceless.

Grief.exe

50 hours later and after having finished the game, I find out on my second character that you can blow a wall in the second forrest of giants bonfire that leads further in the level, nice shortcut o_O

No matter how long you play Souls, there will always be something new.

Shit, I wanted to get Carhillion back to Majula as he is the last NPC missing. I should better have read the Wiki before and not rely on trophy/achievement guides...

Won't talk to you or sell you anything if your natural intelligence is below 8, bonuses from equipment and rings will not count.

Welp, so I spent a few thousand souls on a ring to boost my INT and now this lol

I just leveled the int and grabbed him and his spells before I jumped into NG+. Maybe I'll wait until I do No Man's Wharf in NG+ and grab him again before respeccing.

Zafir

Byt how about Belltower and that rat place pvp, isn't that also affected by your soul memory?
It is affected by soul memory, but you'll pretty much get invaded regardless of what your SM is since I think a wide variety of SM's will be queuing.
Any deals still roaming around for DkS2 on PC? Bought the PS3 version digitally when it came out and would be good for double dipping, but my mind would feel a bit more at peace if I had a coupon or some sort of deal. 49,99$ whitout taxes is a pretty steep pice to double dip at. :(
Nuuvem still have it for 38 dollars/£23.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I must be one of the few people that doesnt come to this series for the challenge. That part of the game(s) does little for me, and yet I love them. Its weird. Im doing a second run as a sorc now, and going full summons from the start this time for the least hassle possible, and I think im enjoying myself more lol. Knowing the zones from my first run helps too. Some (most) would say that ruins the game, to which I can only /shrug

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Attunement and some gear will add more spell uses.

Lower your ADP until you get your Agility to 100, Endurance to 20, VGR to at least 20, and higher if you have no where else to put your levels into. Not sure why people keep saying to stop at 20 VGR, it doesn't get bad until 50. The soft cap is 20, but the gains only go down by 33%, most other stats have their soft caps have a 50% decline, so it's still really efficient. HP is huge in this game as well, especially if you are going to PvP or do a lot of Co op.

Is there other gear besides rings that give you more spell slots?

Grief.exe

20% off on GMG with this coupon code

FUSWJT-B1DU64-JBV8UY

Levyne

Banned
I must be one of the few people that doesnt come to this series for the challenge. That part of the game(s) does little for me, and yet I love them. Its weird. Im doing a second run as a sorc now, and going full summons from the start this time for the least hassle possible, and I think im enjoying myself more lol. Knowing the zones from my first run helps too. Some (most) would say that ruins the game, to which I can only /shrug

Co-op is really fun, even if it does mitigate any challenge (in most cases). Seeing what load-out you new allies are using and learning during the fight what role you should play for the boss, it's really cool to see how the unspoken teamwork evolves (or fails) as the boss fight progresses.

I never did co-op outside of bosses, though..

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Co-op is really fun, even if it does mitigate any challenge (in most cases). Seeing what load-out you new allies are using and learning during the fight what role you should play for the boss, it's really cool to see how the unspoken teamwork evolves (or fails) as the boss fight progresses.

I never did co-op outside of bosses, though..

yeah im just doing the bosses too, but all of them. I dont care baby! :p

In fact I should pop down some summon signs to try help some ppl, I never did that on my first character

MEsoJD

Banned
So I joined the Rat King/Troll Covenant recently and god damn it's fun. This covenant alone is making this game the best in the series : p

Facism

So I had 6 Sunlight Medals, and decided to keep putting my summoning sign outside of
Twin Dragonriders
and
Mirror Knight
(as it also gave me practice when it was actually my turn to do it solo - this feels less cheating that looking at Youtube!)

2 hours later...

#praisethesun

it's a bloody shame you can't get any more Sun Spears :(

I went back to the game today to combat withdrawal. When I first played through the game I was all about going heavy, wearing the heaviest armor I could and using a greatshield (my equip load was consistently around 90-100%). I figured I'd try something different, so I respecced and switched some gear around... Judgement Day cometh!

2014-05-04_00004.jpg

After two games I'm finally starting to learn how to roll :)

HoosTrax

ThqpRF2.png

NG+ and part of ++ went so fast.

What a game! But I need a break, haha.
Know what you mean. I spent 100 hours in NG (not continuously as I tend to go afk and leave games running in the background a lot), just exploring everything and collecting literally every single piece of gear and spell that doesn't required NG+. Now that I'm in NG+, it's going by so fast.

Coop is fun, but it breaks the game. The AI can't seem to handle multiple foes and will sometimes ignore you even when you are directly in front of them if they are locked onto someone else.

Last night I fought
LG Knight and brought Benhart in tow for his quest
and the fight was embarrassingly easy. I was able to sit back and launch spells at will while the summon tanked. I don't think I was even targeted for an attack.

DJ_Lae

Huh, tried to ascetic the bonfire in Gulch.

I have a feeling I did the wrong one because
the giants didn't drop another soul for me.

HoosTrax

Huh, tried to ascetic the bonfire in Gulch.

I have a feeling I did the wrong one because
the giants didn't drop another soul for me.
Ascetic the first bonfire for the giants and farming titanite from the "hand" mobs. Ascetic the second bonfire for respawning The Rotten for the Lucatiel achievement.

Grief.exe

I wonder what those giants are doing way down there in Black Gulch, I ran in and grabbed the item that was down there originally then boned out.

How do you destroy the first cart in Aida's Keep?

So,
should I trade every soul for their items at Ornifex before jumping to NG+? The souls they drop on NG+ are different, right? At least some of them.

DukeBobby

Know what you mean. I spent 100 hours in NG (not continuously as I tend to go afk and leave games running in the background a lot), just exploring everything and collecting literally every single piece of gear and spell that doesn't required NG+. Now that I'm in NG+, it's going by so fast.

I did the opposite. I kinda rushed through NG, and now I'm taking my time with NG+.

I certainly missed a lot of stuff.

Blinck

No problem! I beat the game at 39 hours, but I also have a lot of DkS1 experience, and I summoned for a lot of my boss fights. I also helped a lot of other people do boss fights, but overall I'd say I "rushed a bit, if inadvertently.

I'd say you're probably just pacing yourself differently from me. I'd say as far as content, you've only seen 40% at most of what the game has to offer. You might "breeze" through the second half a bit faster, but honestly I found the second half bosses to be pretty challenging (one in particular..).

Wow that's really crazy..I would consider myself fairly experienced in DkS1 as well ( got the platinum and up to DLC as SL1 ), but this one seems to be taking me quite a bit of time. I did get stuck in one or 2 parts that might have stole me a couple hours each or so
fucking medusa...I didn't know I had to burn down the windmill...so you can guess how much times I died to that bitch until a friend told me the "trick"..
, but still...this game just feels much longer than DkS1 to me...or maybe since I could finish DkS1 fairly easily and quickly I'm remembering it to be smaller than it actually is..
Or like you said, I guess I'm just playing at a slower pace..I'm trying to read all the descriptions and dialogues to figure out the lore as well so that also takes a bit of time!Just beat the
2 Dragonriders in the King's Castle
btw!

Anyway, I'm greatly enjoying the game, but it's starting to take the fuck over my life, I think I need a break for a day...I'm still in my fucking pajamas today and my eyes are completely blood-shot! Time to get out of the man-cave for a bit :p

But I'll come back to you Dark Souls 2...just you wait...

Facism

Scraps of Life is amazing in catching out people in pvp. They don't expect it and then they get juggled by the plumes. Decent damage, too.

That Dark Storm spell is nuts.

Every ambush that gives you grief as a melee was made trivial with that spell as a Hexer. Last night I went through the room in Drangleic castle with all the Stone soldiers. I aggro them all and corral them together and 1 dark storm cleans house. Other good places was the royal soldier ambush in Bastille and the zombie dudes after freeing Rosabeth and pulling the lever.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
okay I am seriously starting to get frustrated with this game

this is like the fourth or fifth time that I have literally no idea where to go

am I missing something?

Wooo! I just finished my first Demon's/Dark Souls game! I played them all but never finished until now.

Took me 42 hours and I ended up at SL145. I felt a bit OP towards the end tho, but whatever. Now I think I'm gonna find as many secrets and items and try to finish up what I missed. Think I'll wait a while before doing NG+.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Common sense? :p

There's always an obvious path in my experience. Usually more than one.

okay so where am I supposed to go after I get
the King's Ring
?

Because I went back to
King's Gate
like LevelUp Waifu said, and beat a boss fight at
Throne of Want
, then nothing happened.

burgerdog

Beat the game! I loved, loved every single part of it. I also learned to drop my shield and two hand big swords. Mastering the roll made the game really easy. 60 hours 0.0 and I didn't die much at all to bosses, if there's a way to check that I probably have 0-3 deaths for most, ancient dragon did whoop me, though. It's gotta be +10 deaths. Hm, what to do now? I think I just have small miscellaneous things left. I did the Darklurker a while ago so it think every boss is dead. Bring on Beast and DS III, From.

edit. How do you open the chained door in Aldia's? It's locked and has chains holding it down.

the King's Ring
?

Because I went back to
King's Gate
like LevelUp Waifu said, and beat a boss, then nothing happened.

There are a few doors that need that particular item to open them up. Try out the others.

Gestahl

the King's Ring
?

Because I went back to
King's Gate
like LevelUp Waifu said, and beat a boss fight at
Throne of Want
, then nothing happened.

There's a door in the shaded wood. The game gets pretty dumb about direction late game.

Also early and mid-game too I guess since if you don't think to go back to the Heide corridor or read what the fragrant branch does you can get screwed pretty easily

... Wow. The Giant Warrior Club... Y'know it's good when it can kill the
Drakekeepers
at
Dragon Shrine
with a singular R2 when upgraded fully. I am utterly surprised that I ever bothered with any other build for PvE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom