• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

reampage

Neo Member
Plenty of hidden items around, you can easily obtain them before starting ng plus, and farm upgrade materials and spend your souls on useful npcs around.

But if you kill too much npcs you became sinner, and blue guys will chase you in ng plus.

So guys, I've beaten every boss but Darklurker and the Ancient Dragon, anything I should really do before NG+ (apart from these bosses)?

Make sure you

Collect the ancient dragon soul from the memory of the dragon where you fought Duke's Dear Freja/Spider Boss, also get the king's souls and armor if you killed vendrick

Farm anything you need to farm because NG+ is like using a bonfire ascetic and respawns all the mobs. Clean sweep Dragon Aerie and Shrine because those two areas have the most twinkling titanite and PDB in the game.

Join your preferred covenant because it might be awhile before you get to them again.

Collect Items/Weapons/Spells that you missed. Stuff like havel's armor is easy to pass up. Trade in your boss souls as well.

Uthred

I swear in DkS and DeS it was only great shields that offered 100% damage reduction. Now this seems to be fairly common for the lighter ones also.

You'd swear wrong, of the 20 normal shields in DS, 14 offered 100% physical damage reduction, 6 of the 9 greatshields offered it and 1 of 4 unique shields, only the small shields (of which there were 10) didnt offer it. In DS2 0 of 20 small shields have it, 8 of 34 normal shields have it and 10 of 16 greatshields have it.

sixghost

I'm really confused as to how the guard break works. Earlier on it felt like it was a guaranteed critical hit, but now whenever I do it the person just rolls away before i can trigger the animation. Is this just lag, or is something else affecting it?

Arjen

Anybody think this looks good for someone who is going into the castle very soon?
14102880471_4e57b08307_b.jpg

because
eyWfhpe.jpg

EDIT: I have about 110 points to play around with.

What weapon are you using? 10 vigor seems low, 30 end a bit high, it really drops after 20.

Animator

What is the recommended level of ATN for Clerics? I want to be able to cast my miracles as fast as possible without sacrificing too much of the rest of the stats. I am SL 50 now on the new character and I have like 18 ATN.

yatesl

What Soul Memory thing will I have to be before I stop getting summons etc? I've currently just beat T
win
R
iders
, and I have a soul memory level of 1,232,986.

Co-op is what's keeping me with this game, as I'm having so much fun doing it (vs. mostly solo in DS1), and I really don't want it to stop.

Plenty of hidden items around, you can easily obtain them before starting ng plus, and farm upgrade materials and spend your souls on useful npcs around.

But if you kill too much npcs you became sinner, and blue guys will chase you in ng plus.

Upgrade everything and farm twinkling if you need it.

Make sure you

Collect the ancient dragon soul from the memory of the dragon where you fought Duke's Dear Freja/Spider Boss, also get the king's souls and armor if you killed vendrick

Farm anything you need to farm because NG+ is like using a bonfire ascetic and respawns all the mobs. Clean sweep Dragon Aerie and Shrine because those two areas have the most twinkling titanite and PDB in the game.

Join your preferred covenant because it might be awhile before you get to them again.

Collect Items/Weapons/Spells that you missed. Stuff like havel's armor is easy to pass up. Trade in your boss souls as well.
Cheers.

I've done all the memories and got the king's soul/set as well.

Should I kill Licia btw? I got a message when approaching her from the Crushed Eye Orb and I kinda hate her. She'll be back on the NG+, right?

arnehelst

I've seen it been discussed before but don't quite get it.
Soul level; is that just how many souls you've collected even if you died and lost them?

Zafir

I've seen it been discussed before but don't quite get it.
Soul level; is that just how many souls you've collected even if you died and lost them?
Soul memory is how many you have collected regardless of what happened to them. Soul level is the level you are, every time you upgrade an attribute by one it goes up by one.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So what's with the foggy woods.

So foggy. And invisible shit everywhere.

2AdEPT

Anyone know some magic themed armour you can find early in the game?

Have no fear AdEPTerik is here.

and HERE if you want some caster specific bonus and info on hexes - check the description to FF to where you wan tto check stuff...
felkin
will give you a great armour set (may be the highest fire defense in the game even better than
smelter
at base)

Mistel

Banned
How is the Bandit not the best melee class in the game by far?
Dex scaling is awful that's why.
Also power stancing large clubs is ridiculous. Can halberds be power stanced too?
Yes they can be powerstanced.
Ah, yeah, meant soul memory.

Adds some extra tension if you die with lots of souls I guess, since you face harder invaders.
Not really depending on your memory invasions are a rare occurance.

2AdEPT

So guys, I've beaten every boss but
Darklurker
and the
Ancient
Dragon, anything I should really do before NG+ (apart from these bosses)?

Pray? LOL! ;)

You can opt not to leave the game for NG+ at any stage of the end game and I would buy all the vendor stuff and consider killing some of them before moving on....grinding certain invaders will be easier in NG like the
mad
warrior and
rhoy
...the covenant of
champions
will be easier in NG right....consider all that before moving on...you will have lots of warning.....

but getting back to bosses.....

AD aint dat tough if you rape the AI.
Darklurker
is downright a bastard/bastardess whatever and was the toughest boss in the game for me to melee....I eventually used a teeny weenie bit of pyro.....who am I kidding I chaos stormed his/her ass....but even with that he/she is still a tough boss.....some might say even cheap...but I am still fresh off fresh wounds so might be a little clouded in judgment.

Yeah dont watch these vids prior to giving it a shot yourself first but if you are having trouble have at er:
raping the AI on
Ancient Dragon
(heavy spoiler...it makes the boss trivial)

Mostly melee of
Darklurker
(most intense boss fight in the entire let's play...was down to a sliver of health twice.)

What Soul Memory thing will I have to be before I stop getting summons etc? I've currently just beat T
win
R
iders
, and I have a soul memory level of 1,232,986.

Co-op is what's keeping me with this game, as I'm having so much fun doing it (vs. mostly solo in DS1), and I really don't want it to stop.
My current character was at 6.8m SM in NG and I was still getting summoned for end boss every 5-10 minutes and getting invaded in odd places like Shaded Woods. So I wouldn't worry about SM for co-op. :)

Gazoinks

I just realized I've completely forgotten about Benhardt. Is it worth burning two ascetics to fight the
prowling congregation
twice with him? The last fight can be
Throne Watcher & Defender.

DukeBobby

I just realized I've completely forgotten about Benhardt. Is it worth burning two ascetics to fight the
prowling congregation
twice with him? The last fight can be
Throne Watcher & Defender.

Yes, that's what I did. The boss doesn't get any harder.

Booshka

Dex scaling is awful that's why.
Bandit is the best melee class starter, just about every melee build is going to want around 12-18 dex for min requirements on a lot of weapons. From there you can crank you STR, VGR, END, VIT, and ADP. Bandit gets the best stats at the lowest Soul Level. If you are ok with keeping your Dex at 8-10, then Knight is the best class. But, you have to really committed to pure STR weapons, you lose a lot of options on other weapons.

The mugenmonkey is barely anything, but it's still good for stat calculator and figuring out what starting class you should go with.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls2/

Quick question here:

What attribute raises your spell uses? I used to have 10 castings of lightning spear and I raised some skill levels. Now I have 12. I want sure what ability augmented my allotment. Was it adaptability? Faith?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom