• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, I've just freed that dude in Aida's Keep.

a mess
Don't you dare!... Oh wait you did :3

It's always best to do it, but not until you've done everything else with his questline. I killed him on my latest playthrough and I guess that stops his invasions. Meh, what with the wibbly-wobbly time in Drangleic I thought I'd still get them.

... Wow. The Giant Warrior Club... Y'know it's good when it can kill the
Drakekeepers
at
Dragon Shrine
with a singular R2 when upgraded fully. I am utterly surprised that I ever bothered with any other build for PvE.

Oh wow. Gotta try that. Had a really hard time with those. Had to run past the last pair.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
There are a few doors that need that particular item to open them up. Try out the others.
Then I guess my problem was not literally taking notes as I went through the game, because I only remembered one other door and there's just a
petrified giant or whatever there and I don't get anything but "alas nothing happened" when I examine it.

There's a door in the shaded wood. The game gets pretty dumb about direction late game.

Also early and mid-game too I guess since if you don't think to go back to the Heide corridor or read what the fragrant branch does you can get screwed pretty easily
Thanks, I'll try that.

Oh wow. Gotta try that. Had a really hard time with those. Had to run past the last pair.

It's damn good. Actually worth the utterly massive strength requirement, I would say. And yeah, those enemies at the end are the toughest. Ya gotta bait 'em out. Oddly, though, they have less health than the VERY last person before the boss of kill all.

Dresden

The last few sections of the game can get really damn aimless. You basically wander from place to place trying to find a way through, then the game suddenly ends.

yatesl

If you abandon your covenant, are there serious implications like in DS1? Not that I need to be a Sunbro now I have 30 medals.

Grief.exe

... Wow. The Giant Warrior Club... Y'know it's good when it can kill the
Drakekeepers
at
Dragon Shrine
with a singular R2 when upgraded fully. I am utterly surprised that I ever bothered with any other build for PvE.

Check out the Great Club/Large Club. Around the same damage and weigh less.

If you abandon your covenant, are there serious implications like in DS1? Not that I need to be a Sunbro now I have 30 medals.

I've always abandoned the covenant at the cat.

Especially coming from Dark Souls, where each boss led to another environment or objective, the first boss leading to a dead end is definitely an easy place to get stuck thinking you're missing a path that branches off.
I just warped back and picked another path to follow.

Settled on my 150 build. High dex Chaos Blade build with under 25% equip load and no magic. I have a hunters black bow to go along with both a 100% magic defense and 100% dark defense small shileds just in case I want to parry or not roll. Engraved Gaunlets for critchance and Now I'm working on getting more dragon bones and twinkling titainte to max out my gear and getting my soldiers ring and ring of blades+2. Basically the same high mobility ton of HP katana build I had in dark Souls.

Will wearing two Covetous Gold Serpent Rings stack the effects?

Can't wear two of the same ring type.

JustinBB7

Can I post a steam profile of a cheater or is that against gaf rules? Would want to see him VAC banned or at least let valve pay attention somehow. (if they even check those reports)

Invaded a guy in the belfry luna (want to get the achievement to get all spells, so I need rank 2 in that)

Me and another guy invaded the world of Shtlord. He just stood there as me and the other guy kept hitting him with everything we had, he took 0 damage. Me and the other guy just used the crystal to get out :/

Then later I got summoned into his world again. And same thing happened. His profile has a brony picture with u mad on it. So, nuff said.

2AdEPT

Is there an easy way to pplay offline for PC...tryign to do the
rhoy
farming for
vanquisher
seal? I guess I can turn off my internet but then no steam messages etc.

Right, but I'm saying it's not without common sense to assume that a boss -- especially the first boss -- wouldn't lead to a dead end.
It is common sense to go back to the area with several paths after you find no point to continue though!

(The common sense quip was meant in jest)

DukeBobby

Got invaded, bastard got me down to a sliver of health, so I jumped to my death to not give him the satisfaction of killing me.

I'm such a coward.

Especially coming from Dark Souls, where each boss led to another environment or objective, the first boss leading to a dead end is definitely an easy place to get stuck thinking you're missing a path that branches off.

Yah agree totally. Im kinda stuck at the moment without any clear direction of where to go next. All the areas I have unlocked, ive beaten bosses in. So im a bit stumped as to where to go next. The game just doesn't flow as well as Demons or Dark, where you always had a clear objective, like you knew you hadn't finished a level in demons, or in Dark 1 you knew if you had a few areas open to explore where you hadn't beaten a boss, then one of them was next on your list.

Also I saw a few people mention how unenjoyable they found pvp due to lag or whatever. I tend to agree. Did some pvp at the belfry today, and im not even kidding I got backstabbed by someone standing In front of me. Then In the middle of a tense duel where we were both using swords and circling around each other, a sliver of health each, some dipshit mage runs up the stars and fires a magic bolt at me out of nowhere, bam, dead. Fun.

Orayn

D75DAEC65E7852E835AAD10A61C0D180A5759C10

Am I missing something about how to activate this golem? I killed all the guys in the room.

Zomba13

Ok, I've been seeing a lot of messages by walls saying things like hidden path or illusion and all that with ratings. Are they just trolling me or can I not open them because the sign is right there? I know about using A/X to open them instead of hitting them but I they won't open if they are even there. Am I doing something wrong?

Grief.exe

Ok, I've been seeing a lot of messages by walls saying things like hidden path or illusion and all that with ratings. Are they just trolling me or can I not open them because the sign is right there? I know about using A/X to open them instead of hitting them but I they won't open if they are even there. Am I doing something wrong?

It's just trolls.

I have no idea how they get rated at all. Makes no sense.

If there was a wall there, the 'open' command would supersede the 'read message' command. The open command is just hidden by the game near illusion wall for obvious reasons.

Coldsun

Banned

Theyre simply trolling.

Zafir

It's just trolls.

I have no idea how they get rated at all. Makes no sense.

If there was a wall there, the 'open' command would supersede the 'read message' command. The open command is just hidden by the game near illusion wall for obvious reasons.

The game needs a way to down-rate messages to counteract the troll posts in my opinion.

-Snooze-

Banned
Just purchased on steam, and waiting for it to download. Was going to wait for a next gen console version but .... Yeah.

Thing is my current PC is only sporting a 560Ti Twin Frozr iii, a Phenom X4 965 and 8GB's DDR3

Am I in for trouble or will this do? To be fair it runs most games quite well

I want to join Heris to the Sun. Do I have to defeat a bunch of bosses to get there? To get to Harvest Valley?

Fastest way there

After you beat dragonrider but before no man's wharf, teleport back to majula, go to where you went to go to heide, change the path to huntsman's copse. Beat huntman copse and you'll be in harvest valley. Technically you only have to kill two bosses to get to the sun altar, but you should do forest of the giants first. Its not hard to get to the sun altar though, huntsman copse is easier than no man's wharf.

eot

Banned
The hitboxes on the cyclops grab attack are fucked. You can be so far away and he still grabs you and it's an instakill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom