• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I see the PC crowd has gotten around to the
Santier's Spear.
That thing is really dangerous if you know what you're doing.

In other news, I got my first BlueBro invader interception! Forgot I had the ring on and was just strolling through Huntsman's on my Faith/Str build I remade the other day from PS3, and I got summoned. Fought some guy with a curved sword and Drangleic Shield, beat the hell out of him and protected my apostle. Good times. :D

On one final note, I know those rogue enemies in Huntsman's are supposed to be ninja-like but I think this just takes the cake.

cJLl4nj.jpg

This is a bad suggestion in my opinion, more VGR (up to 50) is always worth it, especially if you are up in things face whacking at them and not casting from afar. You can't count on dodging everything with i-frames or L33t skills. You just need more Hit points to survive a lot of what happens in Souls games.

Also, for PvP, a lengthy HP bar is pretty demoralizing to fight against; when I see squishy 20 VGR players I get a little twinkle in my eye and go for the two shot kill with my Great Club.

50 VGR and 26 ADP for me. Ton of health and 100 agility.

Orayn

Wow, you can
set the giant wheel on Earthen Peak on fire
. =0

Doing that makes a very large difference in an upcoming boss fight. Like, the difference between "Fuck this shit, I am done with this game." and full speed ahead to the next area.

Durante

In terms of length, getting the 4 greats souls in this is about equivalent of getting the Lord Vessel in DS1.
Holy crap. That makes the game even larger than I thought. I expected it to be basically over after the 4 souls, i.e. with one final level+boss or so.

impact

Banned
Santier's Spear.

In other news, I got my first BlueBro invader interception! Forgot I had the ring on and was just strolling through Huntsman's on my Faith/Str build I remade the other day from PS3, and I got summoned. Fought some guy with a curved sword and Drangleic Shield, beat the hell out of him and protected my apostle. Good times. :D

On one final note, I know those rogue enemies in Huntsman's are supposed to be ninja-like but I think this just takes the cake.

F12

or just download FRAPS. There is no need to take cellphone shots of a PC game -_-

i can barely see, is this crushed black the mod?

Probably the full RGB bug one gets from downsampling

sixghost

Does
Vendrick
get bumped up to NG+ if you use an ascetic at the
Undead Ditch
bonfire? I think I might have made this way, way harder.

zkylon

zkylewd
Santier's Spear.

the tv screen filter and your character looking completely unamused makes it seem like she's going on like a crazy carrie rampage

akira28

So is there a way to pick out illusion walls without mass wallchecking?

slight, *very* slight discoloration, only visible in certain light at certain angles. And only sometimes. I've been in blank areas and see...hmm this looks like it might be...and yep it is. Other times...nope, I'm humping a wall for no reason.

Anyone else having issues with achievements? I should have unlocked 4 last night but they aren't there. Some are pretty black and white so there's no reason to think it wasn't done like, defeat the Looking Glass Knight. I did one more today and that unlocked...

F12

or just download FRAPS. There is no need to take cellphone shots of a PC game -_-

Probably the full RGB bug one gets from downsampling

It didn't work (probably because I had Steam Overlay disabled), I tried that and print screen before resorting to the ol' Nexus 5.

I'd rather it be a crappy cellphone image than you guys not seeing the dude Matrix running on the walls.

KarmaCow

So I just finished my NG+ run, probably going to jump into NG++ to
get the last two spells I need
. In the wikis there is something about bypassing the
Shrine of Winter with 3 million souls instead of the 4 great souls which seems like it would be faster to get into Drangliec Castle.
The wiki info seemed kinda unreliable so has anyone tried this? It would make things much simpler.

akira28

Slicing and Dicing Bellbums all day and night. I know they get shook when I 5 hit them with my +5 Flame sword and take away almost all of their health. Their only chance is to double team me, but then I just start running and doing guerrilla hits.

goonie

So I just finished my NG+ run, probably going to jump into NG++ to
get the last two spells I need
. In the wikis there is something about bypassing the
Shrine of Winter with 3 million souls instead of the 4 great souls which seems like it would be faster to get into Drangliec Castle.
The wiki info seemed kinda unreliable so has anyone tried this? It would make things much simpler.
I haven't tried it, but from what I understand, you need
3 millions souls from that playthrough specifically. Souls gained from past playthroughs don't count for opening the shrine.

Orayn

Can you use the large boss souls (forgot their name) for souls and not be punished? I'll be able to progress right?

I turned one of mine into a weapon and could still progress through the point that required them, so yeah. You just need to beat those bosses.
And also light the primal bonfires that come after them, I think? I only say this because there's one primal bonfire that's kind of easy to miss.

Wolff

How much summons do the blue sentinels get on the PC version? On PS3 i got called only twice so far, and one of them the invader died before i could even move. It's a bit underwhelming, specially because in the bellbros i got called nonstop.

AngryMoth

Finally managed to get windows running on our imac and have had a nice evening with the PC version. I must say despite everything I'd heard I was still very impressed with how it looks and runs, way better in person than the videos I've watched.

Went straight to the bell tower and with 200+ hours of experience from the PS3 version it's fair to say I did pretty well lol. One thing I will say is that lagstabs seem to be more of an issue, my character would sometimes jolt forward a foot to get into the animation which was something I hadn't seen before.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Where's a good place to soul grind? Note:
Only up to Huntman Copse. Last place was the Ruined Sentinels
Pref. with co-op bosses to get max souls from.

Where's a good place to soul grind? Note:
Only up to Huntman Copse. Last place was the Ruined Sentinels
Pref. with co-op bosses to get max souls from.

You shouldn't really need too, but an area soon after the Copse is very good at getting lots of souls.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, that doesn't help me any as I'm struggling at helping the summons beat the bosses and need to raise my STR/INT/FAITH/DEX more.

Mistel

Banned
Well, that doesn't help me any as I'm struggling at helping the summons beat the bosses and need to raise my STR/INT/FAITH/DEX more.
Well summons are harder than solo so naturally you do decreased damage. Unless you change boss or go farm some mobs with soul boosting gear on.

Zomba13

Doing that makes a very large difference in an upcoming boss fight. Like, the difference between "Fuck this shit, I am done with this game." and full speed ahead to the next area.

I did that thing because I saw two messages saying to do it and I have to obey the glowing orange words. What is it like without doing the thing?

Sentenza

So, this game clearly is selling a lot better and much, much faster than Dark Souls 1 on PC.

According to Ars Technica, lifetime sales for DK1 reached almost a million and half now, but that's just after two years and few of discounted sales, while at first the numbers from Namco claimed 300k copies.
On the other hand, concurrent users on Steam seem to suggest that this sequel sold more or less a million in the first week.

impact

Banned
So, this game clearly is selling a lot better and much, much faster than Dark Souls 1 on PC.

According to Ars Technica, lifetime sales for DK1 reached almost a million and half now, but that's just after two years and few of discounted sales, while at first the numbers from Namco claimed 300k copies.
On the other hand, concurrent users on Steam seem to suggest that this sequel sold more or less a million in the first week.

Hopefully this means more great Japanese games on Steam. The less I have to use my PS4 the better. Project Beast ensures that I have one though, I'm sure it'll get some other good exclusives some day.

I wonder what the statistics are on how many people can't help themselves and ignore the warnings. Have fun.
I was thinking the floor would open beneath my feet, but whatever, I don't want his exclusive spells anyway.

Yep.. I did as well lol. Pesky sum' bitch lol

If youre a melee class, I suggest getting right up on him and beat the living crap out of him. He's got some pretty tough magic otherwise.
LOL! He almost killed me when I finished my first
giant memory
, and I had like 100k souls. He came out of nowhere shooting Affinity magic at me. D:

Zomba13

Hopefully it means Dark Souls 3 comes out on fucking time and without bullshit delays to get us to buy the console version first because the fucking stupid devs are afraid of priacy and shit.

Fucking delays for no reason piss me off.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I'd love to see From bring some more of their catalog to PC, some Armored Core games, hell port over the Otogi's.

1 million? How do you get that from 80K max concurrent users last week.

hwateber

Wow I didn't think messages could get any funnier than "amazing chest ahead" from ds1 but I just came across "thrust but hole" next to the emerald herald. #DEAD

Sentenza

1 million? How do you get that from 80K max concurrent users last week.
The 10% general "rule" about the ratio between concurrent users and total copies (which grossly covers the first 800,000), plus the fact that the game is still topping the Steam Sales Chart two weeks after its release.

And just to clarify, by "more or less one million" I'm implying any number between 800K and 1,2 millions.

Echoplx

Force miracle is amazing for pvp, was grinding souls at the
throne of want
and some huge ass havel tank invades me, just spammed force and off he goes. sogood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom