• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

ugoo18

I have 4 and I do just fine. CSS, HSM, Soul Geyser and the best one Soul Greatsword

I'm more of a melee mage though. I like to have some pride.

lol i still melee with my Fire Longsword and Moonlight Greatsword but i can't call my character Sorcerer Rahl without lots of spells as well.

It's a single Infusion, the crafting system's a little different than in Dark 1. Everything uses Titanite to upgrade (minus special weapons), and you only infuse things once to change their properties. Much more flexible.

I ran with 7 slots (30 ATT + the ring) on my MLGS build and found that to be plenty. Enough for two doses of Soul Spear, a Soul Geyser, Soul Mass, Crystal Soul Mass, and two Great Heavy Soul Arrows. You may want more if you want to keep some support spells like Repair and Yearn without losing combat effectiveness though.

Alright time to infuse my weapons then before making the official jump to NG+

I currently have 6 slots, the extra 3 come from the ring.

I run 8 Soul Spear, 8 Soul Geyser, 5 Crystal Soul Mass, 17 Great Soul Arrow and 12 Great Heavy Soul Arrows.

Thrakier

I have SO many items in my inventory and I'm basiaclly using 2-3 all the time, the others not at all. For the most of them, I wouldn't even know how to use them. Something is flawed I guess.

Thrakier

Compare that to the deaths ~225 million on PS3 to 48 Million on PC, and that tells a different story. The amount of hacked soul counts on PC must be really fudging the numbers lol.

Or PC gamers are just way better :D Seriously though, I'd think that there is more of a core audience on PC. Casuals are skewing the PS3 deaths, no win button and easy mode and all.

impact

Banned
Or PC gamers are just way better :D Seriously though, I'd think that there is more of a core audience on PC. Casuals are skewing the PS3 deaths, no win button and easy mode and all.

Anyone unbiased who has played PvP on both systems will tell you this is the opposite of the truth. I've only come across a handful of good PvPers and most co-op I do the host sits back and does nothing or usually dies. It's crazy how many people die to the last boss with 2 summons for help lol

milena87

Yesterday I arrived to Drangleic Castle and decided to earn some Sunlight Medals at the 2 Dragonriders Boss. I saw a lot of Summoning Signs.

I really loved helping others. I decided to take the aggro with the Redeye Ring, so that no one could die by accident. I might do this again with some other boss :)

Despera

Banned
Yesterday I arrived to Drangleic Castle and decided to earn some Sunlight Medals at the 2 Dragonriders Boss. I saw a lot of Summoning Signs.

I really loved helping others. I decided to take the aggro with the Redeye Ring, so that no one could die by accident. I might do this again with some other boss :)
Man that boss fight was disappointing. I really thought this was the game telling me "I know that you defeated this motherfucker before without breaking a sweat, but shit is gonna get real now!"... It ended up being as easy the first fight. Hell, the one with the bow died after a couple of hits :/

Even the Looking Glass boss was no problem, and I was looking forward to this fight.

Drangleic Castle is not living up to my expectations.

btw, I already died ~5 times fighting the Darklurker... I really need dark-resistant gear. Any recommendations?

Edit:
Dark Transgressor's Leather shield
Is this good enough against hexes?

Dresden

Don't bother with that shield against the Darklurker. You don't block anything against it, you have to roll. His patterns are easy enough to figure out, it's really a dps race after a certain point. Having fire or lightning damage makes it easy, but melee works well enough.

Despera

Banned
Don't bother with that shield against the Darklurker. You don't block anything against it, you have to roll. His patterns are easy enough to figure out, it's really a dps race after a certain point. Having fire or lightning damage makes it easy, but melee works well enough.
In short, I need to get gud :p

I already tried buffing my weapon with lightning and magic... next time I'll try fire, poison and then bleeding (maybe even dark? lol). He/she gotta be weak against something.

Edit:

If you infuse it with dark you can get 100% block against dark.
Hmm... why is it useless against the lurker then?

I only need eight more kills as a Blue Sentinel to get Wrath of the Gods and holy crap have these past few fights been terrible. It's like the almighty gods of PVP have decided to shit right on my head and kick me up the backside. Chuggers, lagstabbers, teleports, people hitting right through my shield, invading the same infinite HP/stamina cheater twice -_-

I'm looking forward to being done with this covenant.

elfinke

I only need eight more kills as a Blue Sentinel to get Wrath of the Gods and holy crap have these past few fights been terrible. It's like the almighty gods of PVP have decided to shit right on my head and kick me up the backside. Chuggers, lagstabbers, teleports, people hitting right through my shield, invading the same infinite HP/stamina cheater twice -_-

I'm looking forward to being done with this covenant.

Must just be the mood the RNG is in, cos bloody hell, I was in Amana farming for the Staff (to compare to the Wisdom - hint, not worth it, but only by very few points of DMG) and was invaded while hollow several times by scaredy-cat invaders who wanted me to do all the running and chasing.

No you fucks, you invaded me, come and get me if you want the kill.

O.DOGG

I'm about to embark on my second journey through Drangleic but before I do I need to decide what arrows to stock up on. I play a STR/Faith character. I thought the lightning arrows would match up quite nicely with my lightning bow but they don't seem to be doing much damage, at least not in No Man's Wharf, which is my bow testing area. Any thoughts? Should I just stick to steel arrows, as they seem to doing consistently good damage?

Nabs

It took me so many tries to finally beat D
arklurker
. I don't know why it was giving me so much trouble.

Playing my second character after beating the game once, I notice that despite going to the hard areas early in the game doesn't impede me in finding other players to co-op or invade.
Maybe it's because the PC playerbase is rather large but I guess soul memory isn't as terrible as I heard it was.

Reached
Drangleic Castle
and obtained the two armor sets I had been hoping to get from the beginning
Faraam and llewellyn set
. The latter for a second there I thought I'd have to burn an ascetic, but luckly the very last enemy mob that dropped it that I killed before they stopped spawning dropped the chest piece. Thank god. Now it's up to finding Twinkling Titanite to fully upgrade my the latter armor, but fully upgraded the former and it kicks ass alongside Soldier's Ring +1 as I have like 49% weight and I'm so mobile. Have gotten my agility to 98 I believe. Might get it to 99 and then completely focus on vitality and faith again. Haven't put points into faith in a while (still at 63).

I gotta say the boss fights were ridiculously easy
Dual Dragon Riders lasted 1 minute thanks to sunlight spear. Mirror Knight lasted not that long, and I co-oped farmed it a lot as well. I regret not beating him by myself since his moveset is slow enough where it could easily be done

Taruranto

So I guess all the archers from Anor Londo moved to the
Iron Keep
after the end of Dark Souls, eh?

Dark Transgressor's Leather shield and rolling are your friends.

From seems to really like the super strong spells that you just lock on and press a button, and do the same amount of damage as 3-4 hits from a fully upgraded weapon. For how amazing the melee combat is in Souls games, it's remarkable how OP and broken casting continues to be in these games. Not even the damage, or stat allocation none of that, literally just skill of execution is so remarkably low comparatively to the damage output.

lol, you should have seen dark spells in DS1.

DS2 heavily nerfed them, though they still pretty gud, they have very heavy requirements.

My issue with dark spells is when the guy has a speedie cast speed and the spell has a decently wide range of a hit box. Sunlight spear might be OP but it's hitbox is MUCH smaller than some of these spells, like that really big soul arrow.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Uhhh, I defeated
Freja but she didn't drop a "great soul." I got her soul, but it doesn't have the orange art.
Is this a bug?

krakov

lol, you should have seen dark spells in DS1.

DS2 heavily nerfed them, though they still pretty gud, they have very heavy requirements.

Not really. Instant poision dark fog, best weapon buff in the game and 1000+ dmg long range projectiles. Pursuers and Dark Bead both had their downsides.

crun

Banned
sVioGPI.jpg

What should I level up now?
I was thinking about int or fth for some spells (like weapon buffing or healing), adp for better rolls and item use (but it would require like 20 points, not sure if it is worth it) or I could just put some points in vigor which sounds boring.

I just killed gargoyles and I am running alva gear with broadswoard/greatsword (MEH) with drangleic shield if it matters.

ugoo18

Currently exhausting all the merchants item supplies that are in limited stock before jumping to NG+ and upgrading all my stuff as well.

Possibly a very broad question but any advice on any easily missable materials or items before i make the jump?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
What should I level up now?
I was thinking about int or fth for some spells (like weapon buffing or healing), adp for better rolls and item use (but it would require like 20 points, not sure if it is worth it) or I could just put some points in vigor which sounds boring.

I just killed gargoyles and I am running alva gear with broadswoard/greatsword (MEH) with drangleic shield if it matters.

Go with adaptability and faith, imo.

I messed up,
I killed Melentia, is there any way to revive her
to get the blacksmith key?, or should I start over again and loose my 5 hrs of gameplay?

Gbraga

The Darklurker is an amazing boss fight, definitely my favorite in the entire game so far, took me more than 10 tries, so good.

Skab

So, I just got summoned as a blue sent to help fight an invader. No matter how much we hit the guy, he never took damage.

So I guess I just met my first cheater?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I messed up,
I killed Melentia, is there any way to revive her
to get the blacksmith key?, or should I start over again and loose my 5 hrs of gameplay?

I don't know if there's a way to revive her, but if it turns out that you can't (and thus can't get the key), I'd absolutely start over.

Out of curiosity, how did you kill her?

Echoplx

So, I just got summoned as a blue sent to help fight an invader. No matter how much we hit the guy, he never took damage.

So I guess I just met my first cheater?

I was invaded by a blue sentinel that never took damage, just killed myself and reported him. Hopefully it's not common.

I don't know if there's a way to revive her, but if it turns out that you can't (and thus can't get the key), I'd absolutely start over.

Out of curiosity, how did you kill her?

There was a message in the ground from another player, saying that by doing it I'd get a ring. It was pretty easy actually, just 3 or 4 sword attacks, didn't realize I might need something from her.

vermadas

So fucking sick of the chariot boss. I've gotten one-shot by a wheel blade in an alcove where I'm supposed to be safe more times than I can count.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So fucking sick of the chariot boss. I've gotten one-shot by a wheel blade in an alcove where I'm supposed to be safe more times than I can count.

Yeah, it's giving me fits when it was pretty easy in the beta. I blame the skeletons and that glitched alcove bullshit. :|

akira28

Had this long string of people who would summon me via the little white soapstone and then they would do a bunch of greeting gestures, and then disconnect me. I would bow, they would bow, then they would do all sorts of other shit, while I stood there looking at them not play the game, and then they would send me back.

What is up with that? It was like 6 separate people, a few of them would keep summoning me even. I know they can see my name if they didn't want to play with me, so why summon me and then do some stupid dance?

Leezard

25 hours in now and I think I'm close to the end. I'm definitely getting end-game loot and enemies.

Looking forward to starting fresh with a magic build.
What areas have you recently gone through, for curiosity? I'm not planning on telling you how much you have left, I'm just curious as I had the same thoughts a couple of times in my first play through.

I've been progressing fine but am still mostly in the dark when it comes to covenants and how they work with PvP. Wish I had more time to dwelve into this.

Can anyone give me a quick rundown of how the first few covenants work? Thanks.

What areas have you recently gone through, for curiosity? I'm not planning on telling you how much you have left, I'm just curious as I had the same thoughts a couple of times in my first play through.
Just beat the
mirror knight

There's a few doors which need that king thing which I don't have though obviously. A few more hours of gameplay at least I hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom