• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Going through the A
erie
now. I think I actually like this game not less than DaS 1. The level interconnectivity is obviously way worse, but I understand the design choice. Also I love the idea of what adaptability does, and the porting works well in context. I dunno :) Different games, but both are amazing I think, won't pick a favorite until I finished it I guess.

Mistel

Banned
ok i waited for like 5 minutes and no summons

i take my top off

summoned on 2 seconds

#1reasonwhy :(
I get summoned in half the time when I'm dressed in leather and desert sorceress combos. Maybe they like the outfit I don't know myself really.

SOLDIER

I've been using AutoHideMouseCursor that someone linked many pages ago in this thread.

Bumping this because while the program works as intended, it does have one annoying issue: having it set to start with Windows forces my hidden desktop icons to appear.

I was wondering if there was a way to make it stop doing that while still having the program start with Windows.

Zom

Banned
ok i waited for like 5 minutes and no summons

i take my top off

summoned on 2 seconds

#1reasonwhy :(

lol really?, when I need help I smash every summon sign that I see, before they disappear. I dont even have time to see how the characters look.

Edit: I love the murakumo.

zkylon

zkylewd
lol really?, when I need help I smash every summon sign that I see, before they disappear. I dont even have time to see how the characters look.

yea this is my current outfit, just trying out different weapons since this boss is pretty easy and fun

907B60F09BC111555C2B6AEE6D8EEDC3000ACDCD

it's kinda hilarious someone would just summon the most grotesquely exploitative character but hey you get your old soul, i get my sunlight medal, win-win

i mean i feel like it's more indecent to summon someone to fight the rotten than being a perv tbh

edit: ok i added a hat to the outfit to make it a bit more classy

10/10 would summon again?

yea this is my current outfit, just trying out different weapons since this boss is pretty easy and fun

it's kinda hilarious someone would just summon the most grotesquely exploitative character but hey you get your old soul, i get my sunlight medal, win-win

i mean i feel like it's more indecent to summon someone to fight the rotten than being a perv tbh

What does it look like on a dude?

Taruranto

well i went and visited a certain coffin to give you the before-after picture

it's surprisingly even more dumb

the bra:

the bro:

This reminds me, check the new dress my character found:

L.O.R.D

hahahhaha
this is so great
I've been invading people at king's passage today
i am using the curved dragon greatsword level 5
it gas that power move that send wind wave toward the enemy
so, i invade a person in that place,i almost killed him
he only need one hit
he ran away to the elevator and start to wave goodby to me
i was soo angry i decide to try hit him from the tunnel
the elevator start to move ,but the wind wave hit him just before he disappear from my sight

2449775-8850980102-franc.gif

another one he also tried to escape from me using the elevator
but the move knocked him out side the elevator and he ran to the bonfire,he also died

i'm glad a Souls games allows your female character to actually look sexy.
You can actually make pretty handsome guys and girls this time round. Except the hair - somehow they managed to make the hairstyles even worse than the first two games. Your choices are: various Animu spikey cuts, TWO bowl cuts or dreadlocks.

Errr, thanks From Soft, I'll stick with the receeding hairline for my middle-aged weathered hunk thanks!

You can actually make pretty handsome guys and girls this time round. Except the hair - somehow they managed to make the hairstyles even worse than the first two games. Your choices are: various Animu spikey cuts, TWO bowl cuts or dreadlocks.

Errr, thanks From Soft, I'll stick with the receeding hairline for my middle-aged weathered hunk thanks!

Too bad they can't tap Capcom for the Dragon's Dogma character editor. That was some God Tier stuff.

Second time lag has made it where everytime I hit the guy nothing happens. I also got transported into a backstab. Fucking beautiful. Again if this turns into a regular occurrence I'm turning off cross region play

Zafir

Sigh. The grave warden guy said to put out my torch, so I did. Unfortunately since that ghoul with the torch was still following me, he got all hostile and I had to kill him. :(

Levyne

Banned
Sigh. The grave warden guy said to put out my torch, so I did. Unfortunately since that ghoul with the torch was still following me, he got all hostile and I had to kill him. :(

Oh wow, that interesting (and unfortunate :( ) that the enemy will actually trigger it too. I never lit my torch to see what would happen.

Second time lag has made it where everytime I hit the guy nothing happens. I also got transported into a backstab. Fucking beautiful. Again if this turns into a regular occurrence I'm turning off cross region play

For me, lag makes a lot of Dark Souls 2's PvP very strange. It makes me feel the need to stay far from an enemy's attack area, because I've had several occasions where an enemy's weapon hits me from, like, four in-game feet away from where the model swung (ultra greatswords do this too often). There are also tele-backstabs as you describe. I was considering attempting parries in PvP until this sort of thing began to occur.

I guess this is just latency from me or the host. Does anyone know who hosts in multiplayer? I would assume it's whoever owns the world, but y'never know...

For me, lag makes a lot of Dark Souls 2's PvP very strange. It makes me feel the need to stay far from an enemy's attack area, because I've had several occasions where an enemy's weapon hits me from, like, four in-game feet away from where the model swung (ultra greatswords do this too often). There are also tele-backstabs as you describe. I was considering attempting parries in PvP until this sort of thing began to occur.

I guess this is just latency from me or the host. Does anyone know who hosts in multiplayer? I would assume it's whoever owns the world, but y'never know...

World Host makes the most sense. There's not much lag when I play because my internet is pretty decent. When I invade somebody it can range from teleportation backstab and (as you mentioned) shitty hitbox ultra great sword, to a fucking model lagging like all hell.

It hasn't been that bad yet but two in a row where the dude kills me even though I'm far away is kind of bullcrap. Cross-region play will definitely have to happen if this continues.

DukeBobby

NG+ finished!

Now I need to quickly rush through NG++ to get the last couple of miracles and pyromancies. After that, I need a break. 96 hours of playtime according to Steam.

EDIT: 92 hours in-game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Er-Are you not supposed to go into the
left alcoves
for the
Demon Chariot
boss? Every freaking time I go into those I keep getting hit by them. Weirdly, the right seems hit and miss on that.

It's driving me crazy. This isn't necessarily a hard boss. But the random hits that one-shot me
(plus the skeletons)
are doing me in.

Er-Are you not supposed to go into the
left alcoves
for the
Demon Chariot
boss? Every freaking time I go into those I keep getting hit by them. Weirdly, the right seems hit and miss on that.

It's driving me crazy. This isn't necessarily a hard boss. But the random hits that one-shot me
(plus the skeletons)
are doing me in.

There's one specifically that seems to be glitchy and you get hit. It's the one
on the left right after the one that has the first necromancer
as long as you avoid that one like the plague you shouldn't be hit

Gazoinks

With soul memory, is there a reason not to level?

Nope! Aside from self-imposed penalties or keeping a set level for PVP.

I've gotten really sick of sword-and-boarding, so I've decided before I go to NG+ I'm going to respec myself into a dodgey dual-wield build. Probably go with dual falchions since they look pretty cool (too bad the Red Rust Scimitar is strength-oriented). Was thinking of using the Warped Sword, but it has a really high Dex requirement to powerstance it. < Changed my mind, I'll just go up to 40 Dex 'cause I want to check out katanas as well.

Ilive1up

fully upgraded pursuer sword worth it?

i just used a soul to get it. it looks nice, but i've been using the zweihander for a bit. seems to be the same move set.

You know what, fuck
Ancient Dragon
. I've been trying to beat him for the past two hours. Even respecced like an idiot to buff up STR and STA and I'm dealing the same amount of damage.

And I understand his patterns, but
I can never figure out what exactly makes him breathe his fire while on the ground. It's like this thin radius in front or slightly to the side of his head but the pattern always goes like this - first breathe fire on foot, then fly up and do the area fire. The thing is, he repeats this cycle but slowly goes backwards a bit, to the edge of the arena, so once he goes that far he starts going a bit forward every time with the aerial attack, so my Gyrm Greatshield is useless as the flames are above and around me. I even patiently wait from afar for him to start slowly moving forward but something always fucks me up, his foot falls on me or he decides to swipe his claw out of nowhere. I also deal like 500-600 dmg with either a Raw Mastodon Halberd +10 or a Giant Warrior Club +10. The cheap one kills are ruining it for me.
I'm all for tough bosses and DS2 needs more of them (at least in NG) but the difference between all bosses and
Ancient Dragon
is insane.

Sorry, venting rant.

That PVP arena is pretty cool. Wish people used it more. Although the first time I used it, some guy flaskd like 5 times and then killed me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom