• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
fully upgraded pursuer sword worth it?

i just used a soul to get it. it looks nice, but i've been using the zweihander for a bit. seems to be the same move set.

Remember two main things:

1. Boss weapons level up with petrified dragon bone. On one run without bonfire ascetics, you might get 10 or 11, and you need 15 to fully upgrade ONE boss weapon.

2. You can only level it up 5 times. So if the difference in damage is more than 50-70 for a fully upgraded zweihander vs the pursuer greatsword, it probably would be worst. I'd recommend searching online to see what weapon works the best for your particular build.

Can someone explain me why I died?

http://a.pomf.se/enpfjq.mp4 (~10s, should play in browser)

SNAKE? SNAKE? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Mistel

Banned
fully upgraded pursuer sword worth it?

i just used a soul to get it. it looks nice, but i've been using the zweihander for a bit. seems to be the same move set.
It's going to be stronger than a zwei is at max so it's worth it I think.

Can someone explain me why I died?
http://a.pomf.se/enpfjq.mp4 (~10s, should play in browser)
Snake? Snake? SNAAAAAAAAKE!

I think you clip some geometry an it thought you were out of bounds probably and murdered you.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well ignoring that
glitch safe spot
I finally beat the boss. Now to do the other one in the area. But I gotta find
the key for the second bonfire
I played the beta, but I forget where it is.

Remember two main things:

1. Boss weapons level up with petrified dragon bone. On one run without bonfire ascetics, you might get 10 or 11, and you need 15 to fully upgrade ONE boss weapon.

2. You can only level it up 5 times. So if the difference in damage is more than 50-70 for a fully upgraded zweihander vs the pursuer greatsword, it probably would be worst. I'd recommend searching online to see what weapon works the best for your particular build.

SNAKE? SNAKE? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Boss weapons do however upgrade on a different scale. I think regular weapons end up at 2x starting strength at +10, and boss weapons hit 2.5x at +5.

Garcia

So, guys: Best location for soul farming?

I usually hang around D
ragon's
S
hrine
but I've been farming at I
ron
K
eep
and hooooly shit ain't it much faster than the former. Went up to 450K souls in an hour, wtf.

Wolff

I usually hang around D
ragon's
S
hrine
ron
K
eep
and hooooly shit ain't it much faster than the former. Went up to 450K souls in an hour, wtf.

Iron Keep
is really good and fast place to do it i think. Made 1 million there just fooling around slaying enemies and helping with the last boss.

Vitor711

That PVP arena is pretty cool. Wish people used it more. Although the first time I used it, some guy flaskd like 5 times and then killed me :(

Ugh- had some Rat a**hole summon me before RRA fight. Spent 10 minutes just trading blows with him running away and healing every time I'd nearly kill him. Finally cornered him when he chose to Estus at a bad time but his Adaptability rating must have been pretty high because his chugs were nearly instant. Not fun.

Don't summon me and then try and bore me to death.

Also, I think dual invasions are horsesh*t pure and simple. I'm not specced for PVP and they just feel so damned cheap. Especially when you have one person spamming spells and the other running at you with Havel's armour. Not fun.

Mistel

Banned
There's a difference of 40 damage between the pair but the pursuer has A/C scaling.
Good point, still very strange. :lol
Yep you can see where you clip into a text on your webm thingy.

zkylon

zkylewd
Push up bras aren't dumb.
sorry my bad

This reminds me, check the new dress my character found:
yeah that look

not a good look

Looks like an alternate Bandit set. Probably a good thing it's not a push-up bra, the YouTube vids would be awful.
i think it's funny how saskia looks in boy form

it's like a ranma 1/2 episode or something

Project Breast...I mean Beast will hopefully allow us to use a slider for the chests :p
maybe the hormone slider will finally do something besides turn your characters purple

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I have the weirdest question. I got the game first from a scammer, it included the pre-order bonus stuff, including in game items and what not (It got pulled from my Steam account, obviously), now I got myself a legit copy of the game but I'm wondering what you guys think.

Do I have to delete my old saves and continue from scratch? Since the copy I have is post-release it's not eligible for the pre-order content, don't want From to think I hacked to get the pre-order bonus items or anything right? :( Luckily I didn't make it *that* far in.

I have the weirdest question. I got the game first from a scammer, it included the pre-order bonus stuff, including in game items and what not (It got pulled from my Steam account, obviously), now I got myself a legit copy of the game but I'm wondering what you guys think.

Do I have to delete my old saves and continue from scratch? Since the copy I have is post-release it's not eligible for the pre-order content, don't want From to think I hacked to get the pre-order bonus items or anything right? :( Luckily I didn't make it *that* far in.

The pre-order items will be removed from the save if they aren't detected in your account. You should be fine.

Jintor

if someone's dueling in a way i perceive as bullshit i'll just roll off a cliff or something. ain't nobody got time for that horseshit

What's the point of giving armor
to that one pyro chick?

Also, now that I have the dragon covenant rewards, I can rock any ugly amor with good stats, yay!

Getting ready to fight Dear Freja as a sorceror using bonfire ascetic. I assume I should level pyromancies and get a fire weapon, if I can? Because sorceries are too slow and trying to keep your distance will get you lasered.

A lot of work for the
Moonlight Greatsword.
Not looking forward to tracking down pyromancy merchants.

ZQQLANDER

Not a 100% block shield?

Its not a 100% block shield, but enemies are scoring normal damage for their attacks. Its like there is a lag between when I put my shield up and the game "recognizes that it is up". I thought it was me maybe being slow to re-defend after letting down my shield to quicken stamina recovery, but its happened fairly often. I just have to make sure to put my shield up sooner I guess. DS I the controls were much more responsive.

*The camera also sucks ass when there are more than one enemies
Ruin Sentinels
. Other than that though its smooth sailing.

Persona7

Banned
the one thing I notice on PC is that there are so many more rage quits when they have a sliver of health left.

Same thing with Dark Souls, so many rage quits and hate mail.

Jintor

You know, I play Australia region-zoned and I'm not getting any of these jerks online that ya'll are. Everyone's nice, even the guys who stab you while you're bowing (because I roll through them and backstab them)

HoosTrax

Sigh. Back at Amana Shrine, NG+ now. Let's see if I can make it through without causing the entire zone to despawn due to attrition this time.

burgerdog

I'm still hoping in vain they will do something in a patch. I don't expect them to remove SM completely or anything, but something at least so that there is some semblance of character builds and balanced matchmaking.

I'm carrying 300k souls and I keep wanting to go past 150, but I know as soon as I do they'll introduce SL matchmaking.

Mistel

Banned
Its not a 100% block shield, but enemies are scoring normal damage for their attacks. Its like there is a lag between when I put my shield up and the game "recognizes that it is up". I thought it was me maybe being slow to re-defend after letting down my shield to quicken stamina recovery, but its happened fairly often. I just have to make sure to put my shield up sooner I guess. DS I the controls were much more responsive.
Adaptablity can raise the shield up speed acorrding to wikidot so put some points into that if you'd like. Why aren't you using a 100% block shield if your blocking stuff?

As for the differences between this and the first I can't say as I didn't use a shield.

Finished the game!

6ZEwKMI.jpg

yall better praise beyallah and her 65 int points

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlyyLmp7VjI

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Dumb question, but if you use a bonfire ascetic in NG will the game match you with other players who have used one in NG, players in NG+, or both?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

There are more kings doors to explore.

I usually hang around D
ragon's
S
hrine
ron
K
eep

Have you got bonfire ascetics?

The Old Iron King is super easy, getting to him only requires killing two enemies, and you get 200k souls every time you kill it.

Garcia

I got genuinely frightened for the first time by this game last night while I was sunbroing the
Covetous Demon.

He ate me and I lost everything: Weapons, Rings and Leggings. I went full NOPE but then double checked my inventory and, lo' and behold, the bastard only unequipped my stuff. Could you imagine how astronomical of a troll it would be if you actually lost it all, permanently?

ZQQLANDER

Adaptablity can raise the shield up speed acorrding to wikidot so put some points into that if you'd like. Why aren't you using a 100% block shield if your blocking stuff?

As for the differences between this and the first I can't say as I didn't use a shield.

Ahhh, excellent. Thanks! I'm using the Silver Eagle Kit shield +3 which blocks almost 100% damage. Unfortunately, its the best one I have access to and can use give my low strength stat.

Man... I feel so bad for bell tower victims. I'm certainly not the best dark souls pvper (pretty terrible actually), but sometimes I get summoned to the tower and its just some dude, leather shield, hollow soldier armour, he's got no idea what's happening. But I need my chunks!

Sorry :( I'm trying to make up for it by sitting in front of ruined sentinels with a perma summon sign down to help ;)

Garcia

Have you got bonfire ascetics?

The Old Iron King is super easy, getting to him only requires killing two enemies, and you get 200k souls every time you kill it.

Thanks for this! I didn't know he gave out so many souls. Totally worth it when there's a bonfire like 200m away from him.

I got genuinely frightened for the first time by this game last night while I was sunbroing the
Covetous Demon.

He ate me and I lost everything: Weapons, Rings and Leggings. I went full NOPE but then double checked my inventory and, lo' and behold, the bastard only unequipped my stuff. Could you imagine how astronomical of a troll it would be if you actually lost it all, permanently?

They should do that in ng+ or something. It's like an evolution (and more hardcore version) of the soul suck from DeS that lowers your level by one if you get hit by it.

Booshka

Anyone who went dual wielding got ant tips? Should I have curved sword in left hand?

Curved sword parrying is so much easier than anything else, you can actually parry based on reaction and prediction.

For Dual Wielding, don't worry about powerstancing too much, it's usually best not to. Straight swords are amazing dual wield weapons, so try them out with other weapon types.

Other than that, R1 L1 R1 L1 R1 R1 will chain most players in an infinite stunlock with the right weapon setup, it's bordering on broken and OP at this point.

Garcia

Anyone who went dual wielding got ant tips? Should I have curved sword in left hand?

Some quick tips that I always keep in mind when I dual wield (which is more than 50% of the time):
  • You should always hit first, therefore, study every enemy pattern, find any openings and try to backstab as much as you can.
  • Try scaling up to power stance ASAP so you can start OHK'ing early. Never neglect upgrading your weapons. The faster you reach +10, the better.
  • When you're about to get surrounded by more than 2 enemies, run away or dodge until you can spread them out.
  • If you do get surrounded, never lock-on. If you do, you will leave a dangerous opening for enemies to exploit. It's much better to swing towards the direction of mobs when you're right in the middle of an ambush.
  • Dodging is your biggest ally during the game.

Also:
R1 L1 R1 L1 R1 R1 will chain most players in an infinite stunlock with the right weapon setup, it's bordering on broken and OP at this point.

Zeliard

That PVP arena is pretty cool. Wish people used it more. Although the first time I used it, some guy flaskd like 5 times and then killed me :(

What I do if the player doesn't just immediately rush me is chug all of my estus flasks right at the start of the match. It's likely the other player will end up doing so as well (in my experience they almost always do, surprisingly), and if they don't, you know they probably intend to estus in which case you know to unleash Lloyd's Talisman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom