• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a buddy of mine got invaded before fighting a boss and he vanquished the invader. Upon defeating the boss, he realized it suddenly gave him 500k souls.

We've gone back and forth on whether this was a hack from the invader or a glitch. Anyone else experience this?

I just had the game crash and when I try and get back in game it says i need to reobtain my DLC content, or the DLC content will be deleted from the save. AKA playing further without the DLC content from preordering.

Anyone have this happen yet?

Taruranto

BEARER OF THE CURSE
SEEK SOULS. LARGER MORE POWERFUL SOULS.
SEEK THE KING, THAT IS THE ONLY WAY.
LEST THIS LAND SWALLOW YOU WHOLE.
AS IT HAS TOO MANY OTHERS.

Grief.exe

I just had the game crash and when I try and get back in game it says i need to reobtain my DLC content, or the DLC content will be deleted from the save. AKA playing further without the DLC content from preordering.

When I was testing out Gedosato downsampling and would crash from alt-tab that would happen.

I really don't care as I haven't touched the pre-order DLC weapons. I'm probably just going to turn them off within Steam.

Verifying the game cache from Steam should sort out any file problems. Not sure what that would do to any mods, though; probably bad things.

I love the skeleton messages, they're the best!

skeleton, man!

Shana-chaaaan

She's sooooo cute!

I agree with this post.

Gbraga

Don't give up Skeleton!

Speaking of Skeletons, what is the story of the one stuck in the rock behind the door in Lost Bastille?

I always laugh out loud when I get to a room full of skeletons and nothing else and there's a HURRAH FOR SKELETON! message hahahahaha

There's one with its head close to a rock, and a message "Listen carefully, skeleton!", sooooooooooooooo good.

i love everything about this post :3

There's nothing about this that I don't love. :p

We are the happy landfill!

Bearer of the curse,
I will always be by your side

Shipping confirmed.

THIS!!!

"Till this frail hope shatters" sounds a lot like a marriage vow to me!

Feltrol

Banned
"Till this frail hope shatters" sounds a lot like a marriage vow to me!

dark_souls_2_by_vincentowo-d7aw5ft.jpg

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks of it on a similar way. :p

Between the ghost hitbox on
the pursuer
, enemies swinging their weapons through walls when I can't, floors that just fall, and greatbow arrows that go around pillars...I'm not having a fun time in the Iron Keep.

So, I'm guessing that the Emerald Herald might be
more important to the plot than she initially lets on, if her being at the ascent up to the castle from the Shrine of Winter is any indication. I never expected her to follow me there. I wonder if she has any relation to the royal court of the King, Vendrick, or if she was perhaps the queen. Either way, she seems highly invested in the area.
I guess I either will or might find out later.

Anyway, now that I'm in
the castle, it seems very empty. The bloodstains in the throne room are unnerving, and coupled with the near-invisible Chancellor, I'm wondering if there's a boss fight there in another dimension or something

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So a buddy of mine got invaded before fighting a boss and he vanquished the invader. Upon defeating the boss, he realized it suddenly gave him 500k souls.

We've gone back and forth on whether this was a hack from the invader or a glitch. Anyone else experience this?
It was the invader. Serial invaders will stockpile tons of souls from the people they kill or just hold on to lots to use the hexes that use them as ammunition. I've killed one before by knocking him off a bridge and got around 400k souls quite early in the game.

yatesl

At least the Shrine of Amana ended in a laughably easy boss - the easiest one yet (including bosses that I missed, and went back to overlevelled).

Didn't even get hit once.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So, I'm guessing that the Emerald Herald might be
more important to the plot than she initially lets on, if her being at the ascent up to the castle from the Shrine of Winter is any indication. I never expected her to follow me there. I wonder if she has any relation to the royal court of the King, Vendrick, or if she was perhaps the queen. Either way, she seems highly invested in the area.
I guess I either will or might find out later.

Anyway, now that I'm in
the castle, it seems very empty. The bloodstains in the throne room are unnerving, and coupled with the near-invisible Chancellor, I'm wondering if there's a boss fight there in another dimension or something
I don't know for certain and I've not quite finished the game 100% yet. But what I do know is that there is a picture of the
Queen of Drangleic
in the castle that seems to show
her as pregnant
. What that means I do not yet know.

JimPanzer

wtf I have to give the old dude an effigy every time I want to try the dark lurker and I have to clear the chasm every time too? seriously, that's just tedious.

Had this happen. Still had DLC after I said fuck it an continued on cause I really didn't care. Didn't verify game cache or anything special.

I did put all the DLC items into my storage before this happened though, not sure if that mattered.

Sullichin

wtf I have to give the old dude an effigy every time I want to try the dark lurker and I have to clear the chasm every time too? seriously, that's just tedious.

Burn an ascetic at the first bonfire in Forest of the Fallen Giants. 5x effigies from the wooden chest in the beginning and another one by the Heide knight.

I find doing the dungeon in Drangleic Castle (there's a havel guy in the beginning) to be the easiest one to go for the boss.

JimPanzer

Burn an ascetic at the first bonfire in Forest of the Fallen Giants. 5x effigies from the wooden chest in the beginning and another one by the Heide knight.

I find doing the dungeon in Drangleic Castle (there's a havel guy in the beginning) to be the easiest one to go for the boss.

yeah, been doing both of this, very annoying anyway :/

Booshka

Hack, super overleveled player with Cheat engine so he can keep his Soul Memory super low and invade NG lower leveled players. You kill them, get a ton of souls and your Soul Memory is all messed up for where you should be in the game.
It was the invader. Serial invaders will stockpile tons of souls from the people they kill or just hold on to lots to use the hexes that use them as ammunition. I've killed one before by knocking him off a bridge and got around 400k souls quite early in the game.

This isn't how soul payout works for PvP. It is based on the souls it takes a player to level up, not how many they have on them. Host killing an invader gets 50% of souls to level, Invader killing host gets 10% of souls to level. So that player he killed needed around a million souls to level up.

Gbraga

The one in Drangleic Castle is probably the easiest to run through several times, even though on your first run it'll probably be the hardest.

akira28

Had this happen. Still had DLC after I said fuck it an continued on cause I really didn't care. Didn't verify game cache or anything special.

I did put all the DLC items into my storage before this happened though, not sure if that mattered.

didn't matter. I think when they say DLC, they literally mean downloaded content, like shit you've done that wasn't saved to the server or something. I grabbed a lifegem a second before I was summoned and the game hung in the loading screen. Had to tab out, got this message. When I reloaded I was in the area I was at before I was summoned. All my DLC weapons (completely unused) were still there.

Did I mention how useless they were? It's all weird and ugly looking shit, with gunk or black stuff caked on it, with stats too high to even use, and by the time you have high stats, you've found regular gear that you like using already anyway.

This is my first entry into the franchise and started playing this weekend. After hours of playing with kb/m I've come to accept that you simply cannot master combat using this control scheme. They should have never bothered with kb/m controls.
I got my Xinput compatible gamepad today and it makes a huge difference. A drawback are the camera controls, but I guess I'll get used to that. Plus I'm having a hard time pulling off guard break, it only works half of the time for me.

AnnTiPa

I was supposed to start NG+ today but then I got stuck killing Rat Covenant people while on my NPC killing spree. Usually the Rats themselves aren't that well geared for PvP so fighting them and a couple of adds at the same time is a rather fair fight. Also, most of the time instant summons after using Dried Fingers.

It's just a ton of fun.

Sullichin

yeah, been doing both of this, very annoying anyway :/

Definitely the type of thing you might need to just step away from and try again later. The other day I came so close to beating Darklurker my first try. This caused me to try again 3 or 4 times and the fights couldn't have gone any worse. Insta-killed by a havel, insta-killed by Darklurker from his very first fire attack because I was playing stupid. Just a waste of effigies. Then I came back the next day and kicked his ass in one shot, although the fight didn't go as cleanly as I'd hoped.

regarding the performance, my friend tried to run dark souls on his laptop, and even at minimum settings theres very noticeable input lag and stuttering. It's not a very good one (i3, 720m), but it was able to run dishonored just fine moments before.
Also, whoever devised the keyboard layout for this game needs to be shot.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I like the part where she says "diddlee aye, sure I'm the emeral herald yih eejit! Wouldja g'wan outta that, cursed wan, you'll never find me pot o' gold!".

I like that Gilligan says "wesht". Someone did their research for that character.

Gbraga

If you're talking about the one in Harvest Valley, I think that was mine, lol.

Exactly that one.

You're a genius. Best message so far.

I like the part where she says "diddlee aye, sure I'm the emeral herald yih eejit! Wouldja g'wan outta that, cursed wan, you'll never find me pot o' gold!".

I like that Gilligan says "wesht". Someone did their research for that character.

wat

greenfish

Banned
Okay, I'll ask for help here instead. Seems like dark souls 2 on reddit is impossible to get help at. First of all i'm a guy who rarely if never uses cheat/guides, I prefer vanilla experience. However if the game is downright retarded or buggy I have to sometimes resort for help.

Here goes: After farming for EIGHT HOURS, trying to get manikin sword.... I used 1 aestic bonfire, only to find out the enemies did NOT respawn (2nd bonfire). So I tried another one, this time near the boss. Sure enough the boss respawned but no manikins.

Why did they resort to this shitty RNG system? This is DS not fucking diablo. Why not let phantoms/bossess at ng++ drop special items instead of resorting to RNG. Farming for blacksteele was okay, only took 1 hour. But 8 hours and still nothing? How I'm I suppose to get the sword now when all the enemies are gone?

RNG for enemies is not a bad system, but what the hell, 8 hours?!? For a manikin sword, 8 hours and still nothing? Yes i used jesters hat/ring/coin

I'm NOT gonna use another bonfire aestic making this area ng++++, fucking refuse to do it.

Sorry for spelling but i'm frankly agitated of farming for 6 hours without getting what I wanted. I actually assumed enemies would respawn. So bonfire aestic is only for bosses?

ElFly

didn't matter. I think when they say DLC, they literally mean downloaded content, like shit you've done that wasn't saved to the server or something. I grabbed a lifegem a second before I was summoned and the game hung in the loading screen. Had to tab out, got this message. When I reloaded I was in the area I was at before I was summoned. All my DLC weapons (completely unused) were still there.

Did I mention how useless they were? It's all weird and ugly looking shit, with gunk or black stuff caked on it, with stats too high to even use, and by the time you have high stats, you've found regular gear that you like using already anyway.

Eh, it's better that way, than having actual good equipment gated off for people who didn't get the preorders.

The shield that has chains is nice at the beginning, tho.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Is it just me or are bosses FAR easier without summoning? I dropped my summon stone in front of the lost sinner about 5 times and died a few times, beat him once before going in with full health. I thought I was gonna be in for a tough, grind it out fight but he was seriously taking more than twice as much damage when I solo'd him. Easily beat him 1st try without even healing.

Gbraga

So... just arrived to an area where
there is someone wandering in circles after a Boss. Should I kill him? Just spoken to the hooded girl.

Give it a shot, if you die your souls will be in the room before that, next to the Emerald Herald, then you can come back later on after you collected a few things that will help you on that fight.

HoosTrax

Is it just me or are bosses FAR easier without summoning? I dropped my summon stone in front of the lost sinner about 5 times and died a few times, beat him once before going in with full health. I thought I was gonna be in for a tough, grind it out fight but he was seriously taking more than twice as much damage when I solo'd him. Easily beat him 1st try without even healing.
The more people are in the boss fight, the more HP the boss will have. So if one of the summons is just turtling and not DPSing, then it might take longer to kill than if solo.

The more people are in the boss fight, the more HP the boss will have. So if one of the summons is just turtling and not DPSing, then it might take longer to kill than if solo.

To be fair, if the summon has redeye ring, it makes the boss fight easier because he gets all the aggro. I don't always get to do do damage when I co-op because the boss is focused only on me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom