• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvaristeG

Banned
About Lucatiel questline... I spoke to her in all 4 locations, and beat 3 bosses with her phantom. Do I just have to talk to her in Aldia's Keep to get the achievement now ? Or do I have to beat all the fourth bosses with her, but she can die on one ?

Gbraga

the gutter man

it's like tomb of giants and 5-1 combined

it was painful but i liked it

I really liked it too! It was Blighttown 2.0, I just wish it was larger, it gave the impression to be huge and instants later it was over. And I even went back to it after I got a key to test it on a locked door I found and didn't remember where exactly it was.

HoosTrax

About Lucatiel questline... I spoke to her in all 4 locations, and beat 3 bosses with her phantom. Do I just have to talk to her in Aldia's Keep to get the achievement now ? Or do I have to beat all the fourth bosses with her, but she can die on one ?
You can beat any three bosses with her, and you can also beat the same boss with her three times by using ascetic. If she dies during the boss fight, it won't void the achievement, but the boss fight won't count either.

I believe you have to talk to her at the Keep to complete it

zkylon

zkylewd
I really liked it too! It was Blighttown 2.0, I just wish it was larger, it gave the impression to be huge and instants later it was over. And I even went back to it after I got a key to test it on a locked door I found and didn't remember where exactly it was.

yea i just got to a bonfire and got the hell out of there

after spider cove i'm all jumpy so like that was too much stress for a bit

missed a ton of items i'm sure, but at least i lit up a lot of torches, so it'll be easier when i come back later

greenfish

Banned
another bonfire aestic and no enemies respawned yet the wiki/youtube claims they are suppose to.

Well done FROM.

Wasted 4 of them now.

My plans to re-play this game have diminished greatly.

HoosTrax

another bonfire aestic and no enemies respawned yet the wiki/youtube claims they are suppose to.

Well done FROM.

Wasted 4 of them now.

There are three bonfires in Earthen Peak. Did you try ascetic on all of them?

Well done FROM.

Wasted 4 of them now.

which area were you trying to do anyways? Because Bonfire ascetics are supposed to work. I have only used one in front of the boss in Iron Keep, and it made the mobs in that particular area stronger and the boss respawned stronger.

Ultryx

I've decided to fail all my finals next week and just continue to focus on my journey through Drangleic.

I kid haha. It's seriously tough though. I'll reward myself with a boss attempt or two after I study for a while throughout the day. Makes it easier lol.

Anybody know what's going on with my game? I have talked to both Pate and Creighton as much as I could and their storyline didn't seem to continue. I hear they're supposed to be fighting in
Brightstone Cove
but I can't find them anywhere and the area that says they're supposed to be there they're not. Maybe I'm getting the wrong area?

Anybody know what's going on with my game? I have talked to both Pate and Creighton as much as I could and their storyline didn't seem to continue. I hear they're supposed to be fighting in
Brightstone Cove
but I can't find them anywhere and the area that says they're supposed to be there they're not. Maybe I'm getting the wrong area?

Did you talk to Pate in Earthen Peak and Creighton at the Ruined Fork?

HoosTrax

The fucking mages from the
Temple of Amala
can literally agro you from the other side of the map, bullshiiitttt
It's like this -- You kind of have to BS it yourself with ranged attacks. But I kind of have a major distaste for zoom bow sniping or binocular sniping -- it just feels so out of place in this game.

There is one other place where I felt I had to resort to sniping and I felt dirty for doing it. In Lost Bastille,
in order to get the Lost Bastille key that opens the door to McDuff, you have to drop down this ladder, and at the bottom awaits half a dozen zombie dogs, and as soon as you reach the bottom, an NPC invader comes in as well

There is one other place where I felt I had to resort to sniping and I felt dirty for doing it. In Lost Bastille,
in order to get the Lost Bastille key that opens the door to McDuff, you have to drop down this ladder, and at the bottom awaits half a dozen zombie dogs, and as soon as you reach the bottom, an NPC invader comes in as well

Yeah that part sucked. as if 8 zombdogs wasn't enough. I was just blinding sweeping with my sword as they were jumping at me.....and then the phantom showed up and ruined me.

If you've cleared Iron Keep, you have access to an area where you can get a high magic resist shield. Very useful for Amana.

What's the best way to take out the
fire salemanders
in that area?

HoosTrax

yea it's not too bad, i used a bunch of firebombs on the big clusters of poison thingies and it worked but i still had to eat like 15 lifegems just to get through to the bonfire
My first playthrough, I didn't realize that there was a second one. To compound that, I kept stepping in the fire pits during the boss fight. Oh the rage and cursing that ensued when I tried to get back to the end of the area while being pelted by poison darts and molested by hand monsters.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
OCh2yJH.png

600 hours!

zkylon

zkylewd
My first playthrough, I didn't realize that there was a second one. To compound that, I kept stepping in the fire pits during the boss fight. Oh the rage and cursing that ensued when I tried to get back to the end of the area while being pelted by poison darts and molested by hand monsters.

oh dude that sounds painful lol

i just set up my summon sign and boss didn't seem to hard on my first sunsis run

gonna see if i can get a couple more sunlight medals, i'm really overleveled tho (lvl 103) so getting summoned has been getting more difficult lately

it's weird cos i didn't grind or anything, i got a lot of souls when getting killed over and over by smelter demon but i guess that must happen to everyone right?

Gbraga

Use an asetic on the bonfires?

Nah, it's fine. I like changing clothes and making new custom sets every time I get new stuff, it'll be cool to still have more stuff to find out on new game +

I'm currently using the set that dude who hates light gives you with a bandit mask, but I don't like using full sets, I feel generic. I need to find something to mix it with.

zkylon

zkylewd
Nah, it's fine. I like changing clothes and making new custom sets every time I get new stuff, it'll be cool to still have more stuff to find out on new game +

I'm currently using the set that dude who hates light gives you with a bandit mask, but I don't like using full sets, I feel generic. I need to find something to mix it with.
you sure you wanna wait for high heel boots?

they're sexy

HoosTrax

oh dude that sounds painful lol

i just set up my summon sign and boss didn't seem to hard on my first sunsis run

gonna see if i can get a couple more sunlight medals, i'm really overleveled tho (lvl 103) so getting summoned has been getting more difficult lately

it's weird cos i didn't grind or anything, i got a lot of souls when getting killed over and over by smelter demon but i guess that must happen to everyone right?
I had a much easier time getting sunlight medals on NG+ at the Ruin Sentinels. Half the time, as soon as I wrote my sign down, I would get summoned immediately. I see a lot of SunBro signs in NG+ in general.

The fucking mages from the
Temple of Amala
can literally agro you from the other side of the map, bullshiiitttt

You're exaggerating. I know because I've been farming that area for Twinkling Titanites. It's annoying and they made it needlessly long with more mages than they needed to to make a "point" about one of your vulnerabilities as a player, but they don't agro you from the other side of the map. Some of them don't agro you a few meters away like the third one after the second bonfire, provided you're headed straight and not to the sidepath with the treasure.

Did you talk to Pate in Earthen Peak and Creighton at the Ruined Fork?

Figured out the issue. I hadn't opened the door.

Also I'm pretty sure I just fought my first cheater. I invaded a guy as a bell bro. No matter how many times I hit him with a lightning spear or a sword attack he would lose NO life. I highly doubt there's a spell that grants immunity to ANY damage whatsoever, and lag wasnt there because he moved relatively normally.

zkylon

zkylewd
I had a much easier time getting sunlight medals on NG+ at the Ruin Sentinels. Half the time, as soon as I wrote my sign down, I would get summoned immediately. I see a lot of SunBro signs in NG+ in general.
ah good to know

i was afraid i messed up leveling too much

i'm just putting random points into faith now just cos i really like shooting lighting out of my hands lol

but i don't really know what else to spend my souls on, i already got pretty much everything

Well, shit, where do I get them?

desert sorceress

all the latest fashion in drangleic comes from them

you could burn that ascetic, it's not really a hard dungeon. like serious answer i would probably wait cos i'm scared of ng+ but if you're more confident in yourself than i am maybe you'll be fine

Brightstone Cove
Pate:
FOFG, Earthen Peak
Creighton:
Huntsman's Copse, Shaded Woods

After that they will both be in Tseldora, location:
From the second bonfire look out over the ledge in front of the exit from the Congregation boss, jump across the ledge and in that room, they are fighting.

What happens at this final meeting:
Pick a side, help kill one, speak to the other. This is the end of their plotline other than they key you get, so I would kill the other one after speaking to them for the loot. Not sure about Pate, but Creighton get's a tombstone if you ever need to resurrect him - not sure what for, there doesn't seem to be any more to his questline as if you don't kill him he simply disappears.

DukeBobby

You also get summoned immediately for
Looking Glass Knight
, due to the added 'feature' in NG+.

Gbraga

like serious answer i would probably wait cos i'm scared of ng+ but if you're more confident in yourself than i am maybe you'll be fine

It's a war out there everyday. You can't hide from it, you gotta play by the rules, play it cool, gotta laugh in the face of sad disgrace, when your friends and foes look alike.

zkylon

zkylewd
ah i was just placing my sign in the wrong place, i thought people would summon on the bonfire since it was so close to the boss but i guess right by the gate gets you summoned a lot easier

edit: also is the marakumo any good? i can wield it and it's kinda cool looking

Gbraga

ah i was just placing my sign in the wrong place, i thought people would summon on the bonfire since it was so close to the boss but i guess right by the gate gets you summoned a lot easier

edit: also is the marakumo any good? i can wield it and it's kinda cool looking

The 2H R2 is fun, give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom