• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I fucking give up. None of these controller emulators are working. My controller works for every fucking game except this.

The DS4? Just use a DS3, man. It works fine?

Optional Convent area said:
As players enter this location, they will find a halfling creature whereupon exhausting his dialogue enables players to join the Bell Keepers covenant. Whether or not the player joins, the player is susceptible to invasion.

Waiiiiit does this break the invasion lock for NG that I want to keep? D:

Wookieomg

I fucking give up. None of these controller emulators are working. My controller works for every fucking game except this.

What controller are you using? If you're using a DS4, I had some issues with it as well, and had to find some fixes online that I'll happily share.

gogosox8

Oh there is? I didn't know that. Where?

Stats: Basically all in the first two and ADP. 1 on dex. Only used fire sword so far.

That's probably your issue. You didn't put any points into str and dex. May just want to skip him until you gave more points in str and dex to actually do damage.

Ghost23

What controller are you using? If you're using a DS4, I had some issues with it as well, and had to find some fixes online that I'll happily share.

DS4 is all I have at the moment. I've tried hiding the controller, using x360ce, and other things but it just doesn't work. Some help would be extremely appreciated.

Dresden

Scaling is bad, it's more on weapon upgrades and the type of damage they deal than anything else. He should just grab a mace and grind out some mats.

Stet

Banned
I'm kind of fed up with the game's bosses almost all being just a series of multiple enemies thrown at you at once. The Skeleton Lords all literally have two moves each. They're easy as hell, except for the pinwheels, which are only hard because the lock on system is shit and surprise surprise my build isn't tailored to them.

These bosses remind me of Zelda.

Abdozer

Thanks for the responses guys, managed to get the Ring of Binding and take down
Smelter Demon
on my 3rd try.

Also, is it worth putting souls in Vitality for the equip load increase? I want to start using my ultra greatswords but some of them are pretty heavy and I want to keep my percentage under 70% load.

I'm about to go into NG+. I might grind out the last PvP kills I need for rank 3 in the Bellbros and then join another one.

I'm not sure which to join though.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Smelter Demon
on my 3rd try.

Also, is it worth putting souls in Vitality for the equip load increase? I want to start using my ultra greatswords but some of them are pretty heavy and I want to keep my percentage under 70% load.

Vitality, Vigor, and Endurance are basically universally useful.

You're pretty safe putting points in any of them at least up until ~30 on each.

I had the day off work yesterday waiting for someone to come fix the internet. I had to be home between the hours of 8am and 6pm so I played about... 8 hours of this game. I kind of feel like I might have overdosed a little!

I'm not sure that's when they appear. I didn't notice them until I was halfway through Drangleic castle. Of course it could just be a failure of attention on my part, but I certainly look at that warp screen pretty frequently.

Just tested it myself. The full bonfire list appears right after you talk to
Nashandra at her throne
. I spoke to her and immediately homeward boned back and the list was unlocked.

EDIT:

Damn, going to
Drangleic
right after the cake walk that was
Black Gulch
is brutal.
Dat
Sentinels
room...

Man, I spent hours grinding that room because I thought I couldn't progress further effectively if I didn't make the room at least somewhat clean. The good thing is I learned the
Sentinels
inside out so beating the
Three Sentinels
boss was a breeze in NG+.

Nabs

DS4 is all I have at the moment. I've tried hiding the controller, using x360ce, and other things but it just doesn't work. Some help would be extremely appreciated.

Make sure you only have one controller plugged in and that Windows doesn't see more than one device. You can check this in "USB Game Controllers" somewhere in Control Panel (or "Set Up USB Game Controller" in Windows 8), or check which devices are seen by Device Manager.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh god, the belltower...

Even offline you get "invaded" by bullshit NPC's.

At least I can reach the boss now...?

nesmar

Smelter Demon
on my 3rd try.

If you are a melee build getting VIT to 29 is a good spot to leave it.

Wookieomg

Alright, yeah I had some issues with hiding it as well. Here's the reddit page I used that helped me figure it out:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/23wo76/controller_fix_for_pc/

Specifically, this quote:

GoaLitiuM said:
InhexSTER's 1.2.2 version: ( http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=49259), patched with electrobrains' 1.0 Beta 9 driver patch ( http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=50291). You also might need to manually rebind the buttons back to XBOX360 layout (Options - Basic Mapping).

I found his link for electrobrains' program was not working, so did a quick google search and the thread with the program is: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4Windows-yet-another-DualShock-4-driver

Just scroll down a bit and you'll see the download list. I used DS4Windows 1.0 Beta 10 2014 04 27.

After downloading it and opening it, it looks identical to InhexSTER's DS4Tool... Which may be what GoaLitiuM was referring to when he was talking about a patch, I'm not sure because there was no patching and I didn't have to alter any files as patches normally do.

I went ahead and tried it out. Here are the steps I used.

1) Download electrobrains' file.
2) Close Steam/Dark Souls 2.
3) Run DS4Windows program, connect my controller, Hide DS4 selected.
4) Start Steam, then start Dark Souls 2
5) Play.

I'm honestly not sure why electrobrains' program works for me whereas InhexSTER's doesn't, but I haven't had any issues at all since downloading it.

Of note are a couple of things:

1) I haven't opened up InhexSTER's DS4Tool since using electrobrains' DS4Windows program.
2) DS4Tool *was* working for me before using DS4Windows. I remember the specific moment I couldn't use my DS4 in Dark Souls 2 anymore, and that was when I accidentally went to Key Bindings from the menu, while in-game. At that point my controller wouldn't respond and I could only use kb+m.

I uninstalled drivers, removed and reinstalled bluetooth adapters, etc etc. No avail. Then I found electrobrains' program and it works like a charm.

Hope this helps man. And anyone else that may be suffering from controller issues.

neoism

new game +++++ spoilers.... the is the most funniest and amazing thing I ever seen
lololol @_@

one shot me if old.

ot
guys has anyone gotten logged out of gaf just now?

impact

Banned
No. He's a douche because he would rather wait until the match was over (literally two of the matches we had the timer end). He wasn't attempting to win by catching me off guard. He was attempting to win until I got bored. When like 5-10 minutes pass of this guy dodging and not even attempting to attack whatsoever, that's not adapting to my playstyle. That's him being boring. I would literally stand still and look at my menu for minutes at a time and he'd just stand still and look at me. He could've used that chance to cast spells but he just stared at me, obviously enjoying the fact I was getting bored. He wasn't in it to win. He was in it to waste my time. It's not like I particularly wanted to battle him, he just seemed to be the only guy I got paired with. I can't emphasize enough that I willingly left openings for him to attack me. To do ANYTHING but dodge the whole match and berate me.

It's not dodging patterns that were the issue. It was invincibility frames. Many times I pretended to strike so he would dodge, and even then when he dodged and I attacked no damage occurred (Even with the sound).
ALT+F4

Also I find it funny I invaded the same guy twice. And he couldn't handle me alone so he always called for help from his buddy with MLGS. Funny enough I could take either of them by myself, but two people at the same time? Heaven all mighty. I mean sure i'm invading your game.. but it isn't my fault you're a sinner

Grief.exe

Found a cool move with the Pursuer's Sword where I would roll into a thrust. Was going to see if I did anymore damage with the Old Leo Ring.

Now I can't get the move to go off anymore.

The ENB lighting mod will get me banned if I use it, correct?

False.

It isn't expressly permitted, but no one has ever been banned before by using these type of injectors.

Ghazi

What have people found to be the Katana with the most DMG output and with what element? Seeing as scaling is pretty much useless as I barely get any extra damage with the blacksteel Katana with a DEX of 45, I'm inclined to think there's smarter ways to get damage output.

Hell, I got more damage out of my Poison Old Whip +5 with my troll build, it's kinda embarrassing.

make sure to run at them when you press R1 too. There's no amount of Agility that will give you i-frames for phantom range.
NEVER FORGET

iZO7DDmBIC8kV.gif

Teletraan1

Banned

I use a DS4 and I am actually using the DS3 program here that has been updated to work with a DS4. Works flawlessly for me so far. I dont think it has any extra touchpad stuff but it just works like a 360 controller. Make sure you follow the directions further down on how to install the DS4 driver here.

Gazoinks

How significant of a bonus is the ring that adds to poise damage? Since I transformed myself into a dualwield build, staggering people faster is useful, but if it's a small bonus it might be better to just throw on the Ring of Blades.

Mistel

Banned
It's also certainly 100% broken. I've moved on from it, but the hitboxes/lag in PvP made it too powerful. I wish my power stance Zweihanders worked that well :(
I'm using halberd for their twirl that might be even worse or there's the love train.

elfinke

There's a gif for this:
tumblr_n3rxeeBfV51svu8h1o1_500.gif

Try out other STR weapons that have horizontal attacks / different move sets. I'm a big fan of the Mastadon Greatsword, Lion Greataxe, and Grym Greathammer.

That gif, lol. It's great. MLGS has that very excellent horizontal sweep that hits about 180' in front of me, I don't use lock-on to hit with it to sweep fools out of dodging my CSS/Homey Missile.

Oh so the halberd is the one with the twirly move? If I don't currently have a katana I might make the halberd then since I'm nowhere near the place to find katana in NG+.

Also guys I think I read somewhere that as a blue sentinel when you invaded a sinner's world that you could have something that could point you in the direction of the sinner? Is there a ring that does this or is it a miracle?

edit: just figured it out. Guess I need to reach
Straid of Olaphis again

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Oh so the halberd is the one with the twirly move? If I don't currently have a katana I might make the halberd then since I'm nowhere near the place to find katana in NG+.

Also guys I think I read somewhere that as a blue sentinel when you invaded a sinner's world that you could have something that could point you in the direction of the sinner? Is there a ring that does this or is it a miracle?

I invaded as a red phantom once and someone used a prism stone that seemed to home in on me.

Sullichin

Had a horrible/awesome time a little while ago making my way into Drangleic Castle in NG+. I got invaded. In this instance I was the one chugging estus like an asshole. I didn't have much time to play so I was just trying to rush to the bonfire killing as few enemies as possible. I had a ton of enemies and the invader chasing after me. Made it all the way to the first small door you have to open to get to the bonfire, and I get backstabbed opening it. I came so close to killing the invader but he got me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom