• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do-not-think-it-means.jpeg

They aren't too bad to get though. Only Bellbro Rank 2 and Heirs of Sun Rank 3 need to be grinded out.

Uhm Blue Sentinels needs to be grinded like a mofo. You need to invade/win so many times.

dreamfall

I figure I'm close.

I just went through Al
dia's Keep, and ended up at Dragon Aerie. I could just stay here forever and watch the Dragons circle about. It's so pretttttty. Those dragons near the crystal lizards also weren't much of a challenge, melee-ing and running between their legs. I've also seen Vendrick, but in spite of hitting him a couple times and initiating a fog wall, I'm not doing damage at all. Something about collecting Giants' souls? SL 151, I kind of love clearing out areas and hoarding souls :!

So far so good. I'm slowly pacing through it (60ish hours), just stumbling to the finish.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What spells are those?

Spoilering for the OMG SPOILER crowd said:
Sorcery
---
- Hidden Weapon
Obtained by reaching Rank 2 in the Bell Keeper covenant. You will have to do invasions by wearing the ring or wait in the Belfry Luna / Belfry Sol to be invaded and beat the invaders. Do this 30 times to obtain the spell

- Hush
Obtained by reaching Rank 2 in the Way of the Blue covenant or Found behind one of the hidden walls in the Lost Bastille Ruin Sentinel Boss room on the ground floor.

Miracle
---
- Bountiful Sunlight
Purchasable from Chancellor Wellager in NG++ or you can reach rank 3 in the Blue Sentinels convenant which requires over 1000 PvE/PvP sessions.

- Wrath of the Gods
Purchasable from Chancellor Wellager in NG++ or you can reach rank 2 in the Blue Sentinels convenant which requires over 300 PvE/PvP sessions.

- Sunlight Spear
Reach rank 3 in the Heirs to the Sun covenant (located in Harvest Valley). Requires 30 Sunlight Medals.

Pyromancy
---
- Great Chaos Fireball
You can purchase this in NG++ upon entering Drangleic Castle from Chancellor Wellager. Or you can reach rank 3 in the Brotherhood of Blood which requires 500+ PvP wins.

Hex
---
- Great Resonant Soul
Purchasable from Felkin the Outcast (may need 20 int and 20 faith). Reach the second rank in Pilgrims of Dark covenant and get it as a reward.

- Climax
Reach the third rank in Pilgrims of Dark covenant and get it as a reward.

4 spells require it. A few are covenant that can be gotten in NG+/++, but those four are the PITA since you have to do PvP for about 3 of them. Stupid, really.

http://verysmartbrothas.com/images/Do-not-think-it-means.jpeg?c07647

There. Edited, happy now?

Grief.exe

4 spells require it. A few are covenant that can be gotten in NG+/++, but those four are the PITA since you have to do PvP for about 3 of them. Stupid, really.

Thanks. I really only need to do Bell Bros then.

I was already planning on doing the Pilgrims quests this play through anyways.

I did a ton of jolly co-op on my first play through while learning the bosses.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I thought there was no achievement for getting all the spells now anyway?

Honestly at this point I'm not even doing PvP to obtain wrath of the gods. It would require too much work. I'm doing PvP because I enjoy testing my skills against other players. Though the rank 2 bell bros seems like I wouldn't be too far off from that. Might join Bell Bros again for a bit after I reach rank 1 in Blue Sentinels.

I beat the game for the 2nd time. Still sort of disappointed with the apparent lack of addition to the ending lore.

Nashandra is still disappointing and makes no sense, lore-wise. She looks nothing like Manus or the Oolacile people, she looks like a Nito genderswap. It doesn't make sense. Also, THE DARK. What does that even mean anymore? And it feels like this is the exact same ending as the first game, minus the choice part. Either you light the fire and there's prosperity (which we'll never see) before it decays again, or you don't light the fire and we get? Nothing was explained as to what AGE OF DARK even means. But guessing from the way things were under Nashandra, pretty shitty. Doesn't feel like we really learned anything.

ugoo18

So it seems like my quest to slay and my eventual slaying of
The Ancient Dragon
with sorcery has made me far too overpowered now. Been playing NG+ and i've been steamrolling every boss i've encountered
(Lost Sinner, The Pursuer, Last Giant, Ruin Sentinels, Belfry Gargoyles, Ornstein, Dragonrider and Flexile Sentry)
. Everything so far has died in a max of 8 hits
(Soul Spear)
or 3 to 4 hits
(Soul Geyser)

So my question is what is the scaling in DS2 (This is v1.01 calibration v1.05 still) compared to DS1 for each subsequent game for bosses?

TnK

Found a cool move with the Pursuer's Sword where I would roll into a thrust. Was going to see if I did anymore damage with the Old Leo Ring.

Now I can't get the move to go off anymore.

False.

It isn't expressly permitted, but no one has ever been banned before by using these type of injectors.
Hooray. Time to download the mod.

About to go HAM

Neo Member
I need to get some fire resist items ASAP. I lost 35k souls basically on the first bonfire of the Iron Keep.
Know the molten lava platform with the item right beneath the stairs?

IronKeep02.jpg

It was late and I wasn't really paying attention. Died on my way to the item.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
I must be one of the worse White Phantom Summon in Dark Souls 2.

Got summoned into a host's game who already had another White Phantom Summon, for the Pursuer boss fight. While the Host and the other White Phantom were toe on toe against the Pursuer, I got the brilliant idea to show my knowledge prowess and thought of using the Ballista on the left.

In my mind "hahah, let me show how its really done"

Without any delay I went and utilized the Ballista, only to find a moment later that I killed all three of them (The Pursuer, The host and The While Phantom).

I need to get some fire resist items ASAP. I lost 35k souls basically on the first bonfire of the Iron Keep.

IronKeep02.jpg

The formula for success on all the items on lava rocks.

Smelter Demon Armor + Flash Sweat + Flame Quartz Ring + Roll in the Water.

You can even pop an Orange Burr for good measure, but you should be able to handle it with just an estus flask or two.

About to go HAM

Neo Member
The formula for success on all the items on lava rocks.

Smelter Demon Armor + Flash Sweat + Flame Quartz Ring + Roll in the Water.

You can even pop an Orange Burr for good measure, but you should be able to handle it with just an estus flask or two.

no magic and no smelter. Will have to try with just the ring and the orange burr.

I sometimes feel like I should probably avoid this thread until I'm at NG+ or I'll end up spoiling what little I haven't spoiled for myself at this point. Can't be too far off now that I've gotten to the
Dragon Aerie
. Must at least be halfway done.

If people summon for
Prowling Magus
, they don't deserve to play anymore.

You should summon
Benhart
to further his questline. Or, summon a Sunbro for the free Medal, not because you need the help.

EDIT: But I get the sentiment. Although, folks who really need the help may not ever get to this fight.

Kamina

Golden Boy
If people summon for
Prowling Magus
I always do if I can, not because i couldn't do it without, but since i am pure melee i want to make this fight as fast and easy as possible.
For me Dark Souls is not always about simply facing dangerous situations but trying to overcome them smart and easy with minimal risk of dying.
That way I get a little help and some sunbro gets his medal.

Inotti

I must be one of the worse White Phantom Summon in Dark Souls 2.

Got summoned into a host's game who already had another White Phantom Summon, for the Pursuer boss fight. While the Host and the other White Phantom were toe on toe against the Pursuer, I got the brilliant idea to show my knowledge prowess and thought of using the Ballista on the left.

In my mind "hahah, let me show how its really done"

Without any delay I went and utilized the Ballista, only to find a moment later that I killed all three of them (The Pursuer, The host and The While Phantom).

I feel you. I also did that... :( Also when I was the host I killed my phantoms just before I killed the Pursuer. I'm so embarassed.

Kamina

Golden Boy

IronKeep02.jpg

Do not try to get that item, it worthless and you'll hate that you wasted stuff for getting there.

je_ssi e

Invaded twice in one session.
Both in Huntsman Copse. The first time I had gotten up real quick and came back to me dying.

I really hadn't expected to be invaded.
That was the very first time.

The second time I was all ready! It was actually kind of exciting. But, then.. infinite health. Booooo!

Kamina

Golden Boy
Invaded twice in one session.
Both in Huntsman Copse. The first time I had gotten up real quick and came back to me dying.

I really hadn't expected to be invaded.
That was the very first time.

The second time I was all ready! It was actually kind of exciting. But, then.. infinite health. Booooo!
Always be careful when you see people with Katanas, they are usually good.

As for the cheaters: report the shit out of them.

Inotti

If people summon for
Prowling Magus

I usually summon sunbros for every bossfight and put my summon sign to help others. What can I say, I just love jolly cooperation! I have more sunlight medals than I know what to do with those. :p Though, that bossfight was pretty lame...

Jintor

Does having ol Blue Sword count during the Magus fight? I had him because I found his summon in a tent and I was like "Eh, why not".

He tanked the entire congregation while I beat the shit out of the mage.

je_ssi e

Always be careful when you see people with Katanas, they are usually good.

As for the cheaters: report the shit out of them.
I'll try to be ready!
Though, I'll always be up for any kind of melee fight. I'm more worried about magic. I quiver at the thought of fighting someone using Great Resonant Soul.

I think this one is going to get away for now. I don't see him in my recent players.

About to go HAM

Neo Member
Do not try to get that item, it worthless and you'll hate that you wasted stuff for getting there.

I was more concerned about the 35k souls. its not a whole lot, but I worked pretty hard for them and it just kind of eats me up inside when i lose so many.

Finally got them with a combo of orange burr and ring. Walked into lava and rolled out. worked better than rolling in or jumping in

H2Yo

Where's a good place to soul grind? Note:
Only up to Huntman Copse. Last place was the Ruined Sentinels
Pref. with co-op bosses to get max souls from.

Iron Keep for sure. The enemies are SO easy and you get from 750 - 1500 per.

If you're done with the game and don't feel up for NG+, I highly recommend using Dragon's eye, red cracked eye orbs, or blue cracked eye orbs. Invasions are hella fun, and sentinels and bloods also get vanity auras for reaching rank 1/2/3.

Garcia

Fucking hell, just lost 320K souls thanks to the red ghosts that come from the opposite tunnel leading to the entrance of the Gutter. Damn it.

Climax will use all your souls, but the maximum number of souls it uses for damage calculation is 5k. So I don't think that is possible.

I think the damage caps at 5000 souls.

The damage caps at 5000 souls. I highly recommend hanging onto all your brave soldier souls to use as "spare ammo clips", so you can "reload" after each shot.

Ok, thought it could scale up really high. Good idea on using consumables as Spare ammo. I am curious how much a 5000 soul shot would do in the first place.

Ok, thought it could scale up really high. Good idea on using consumables as Spare ammo. I am curious how much a 5000 soul shot would do in the first place.

Great resonant soul is usually a 2-shot pvp kill (if unblocked) and uses 500 souls. I imagine climax might be a 1-shot kill using 5000 souls. The one time I used climax, i had more than 5000 souls and it was a one-shot kill unblocked. I've vowed to stick with GRS now though because it's annoying having to eat a brave soldier's soul after every climax use. Really inefficient for PvP, if your target blocks with the correct shield, or successfully dodges it. I highly recommend you parry and/or guard break anyone before taking your 5k shot. Guard break is wicked good on rebel's greatshield/transgressor's leather shield turtlers. Another good way to temporarily disable a target before immediately taking your shot is scraps of life. A successful hit will knock the target flat onto their back, disabling them for a couple of seconds. I'm speaking from having K:D ratio of approximately 6:1 on the Iron keep PvP bridge as a pure hexer. If you're going to go hexing, I highly recommend you equip black hood + lion mage set + clear blue stone ring +2 + abyss seal. With attunement at 50 and faith/int at 60/60, you'll have base cast speed of roughly 368. Chime of want also appears to have a much shorter cast animation than sunset staff/black witch staff, despite the stat description indicating that the cast time difference is negligible. I use black witch staff to cast affinity immediately after I successfully trigger a summon sign to pvp on the bridge (another reason you'll want 60 int, for the 5 affinity orbs), but before their actual summon animation occurs. That way I have time to switch back to the chime of want and be ready to time my GRS cast so it hits them right after their summon animation finishes. It's hard to get the timing right.

If you're having trouble triggering the guard break, and you're using a logitech mouse, you can use the logitech setpoint software to tie mouse 4 or 5 to keystroke assignments alt+w or ctrl+w. And then go into the in-game keybindings and tie alt or ctrl (whichever one you picked in logitech setpoint) to normal attack. I recommend left alt or left ctrl, as the setpoint software seems to fail to recognize right ctrl or right alt, and instead triggers the left ones instead. Also make sure that you're standing still for at least (approximately) 0.5-1 second before using your mouse 4/5 for the guard break. The guard break seems to fail and become a normal attack if you try to go immediately into it from a moving/walking/running position. I also tried autohotkey as an alternative, but it makes the mouse unusable for menu navigation, and is more hassle than it's worth.

If you're going to pvp as a hexer, I also highly recommend you pump adpt and end in equal amounts. With 50 attunement, it should take precisely 24 adpt and 24 end to reach the agility soft cap of 110. That'll help you a lot with your rolls. Also definitely get 50 vigor, as that appears to be the soft cap. Keep a dark-infused max upgraded transgressor's leather shield on your left hand just in case you run into another hexer.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
SON OF A BITCH

the invader in
huntsman copse
didnt drop the
warlock mask
, it dropped some stupid cleric robe. FUCK

SON OF A BITCH

the invader in
huntsman copse
didnt drop the
warlock mask
, it dropped some stupid cleric robe. FUCK

Yeah that's one thing I liked a lot more about DS1 than DS2. DS2 has a lot of stupid farming. DS1 you could get everything in one run without really farming. I've killed the mad warrior probably 60-70 times and he still hasn't dropped the mask. He has dropped everything but.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom