• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

Yeah, Pate always semms extremely suspect to me when I talk to him, but whenever I think that it might be better to kill him off I'm reminded that he gave me the white soapstone.

Grief.exe

Yeah, Pate always semms extremely suspect to me when I talk to him, but whenever I think that it might be better to kill him off I'm reminded that he gave me the white soapstone.

He did give you a key to his room knowing full well that it was heavily trapped.

The reality of the situation, like many in the Souls series, is neither can be trusted.

Creighton is a murderer from his land, but Pate probably did screw him over and try to leave him for dead.

Those of you who have played both Covenant of Champions and not, would you say it makes the game significantly more difficult? I'm doing that Covenant my first run through the game. All the enemies and bosses seem really difficult, and I'm wondering how much that is because of the covenant. (I'm loving the difficulty though -- as someone who played 400 hours of DS1, I didn't expect this one to give me so much trouble.)

I have 4 ways that I know that I can go right now (there may be more) and each has either a boss I haven't been able to beat, or horrifying enemies. Pretty awesome stuff.

yatesl

So a friend gave me a puppy to make up for a dog I lost recently, I'm without words... And without a name, I can't think of anything. Help me Dark Souls gaf!

Something simple to call out, so no Nashandra lol :p

Definitely Sif. If I had properly played Dark Souls on release (vs last year), that's what I would have named mine:

ixpxWUwer6coq.JPG

iMlJMm0GImWW6.JPG

#doggaf

ElFly

He did give you a key to his room knowing full well that it was heavily trapped.

The reality of the situation, like many in the Souls series, is neither can be trusted.

Heavily trapped means a bunch of soldiers and...nothing else?

Maybe Pate was just testing you.

Grief.exe

Heavily trapped means a bunch of soldiers and...nothing else?

Maybe Pate was just testing you.

No. You open up one of the chests and it explodes, with Pate's voice playing afterwards.

He knew it was trapped and gave you the key without warning you.

ElFly

No. You open up one of the chests and it explodes, with Pate's voice playing afterwards.

He knew it was trapped and gave you the key without warning you.

Bah I was confused. I thought we were talking about the first time you meet Pate.

To be fair, Creighton does the same.

Shawn6661

I dont know where to go (13hours so far) ! I ve just beat
the lost sinner
and there is nothing there. Same in the blue cathedral, i ve found a bonfire but thats it. Any hints ?

Bonus question : is there a way to push hidden walls when there is a message on the ground beside going offline?!

Levyne

Banned
the lost sinner
and there is nothing there. Same in the blue cathedral, i ve found a bonfire but thats it. Any hints ?

Bonus question : is there a way to push hidden walls when there is a message on the ground beside going offline?!

There should be a couple other paths out from Majula.

If the wall doesn't activate near a message saying there is a secret, then the message is a lie!

Grief.exe

the lost sinner

You've reached the end of that section of your journey. Heide's > No Man's Wharf > Last Bastille > Sinner's Rise.

Venture back to Majula and explore outward from there. It's difficult to get lost in this game as the actual levels are quite linear once you get into them. Just continue exploring if you feel lost.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
But it's Pates voice that plays when the trap goes off correct?
Creighton laughs and says his own bit if you get hit by the blast when you leave him alive. Like I said, they're both lunatics with different issues and neither should really be trusted!

cakely

the lost sinner

You probably already knew this but some secret doors are activated with the "talk/ interact" button now, instead of just with your weapon.

Grief.exe

Creighton laughs and says his own bit if you get hit by the blast when you leave him alive. Like I said, they're both lunatics with different issues and neither should really be trusted!

So it's their house only when you have killed the other one. Strange for a Souls game to do that.

Looks like durability loss on the PC version might be increased because its calculated based on the frame rate - http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/2517i8/durability_bug_is_linked_to_framerate/

I was wondering why some of my items just degrade at alarming speeds.

I did a full run of Brightstone Cove without sitting at a bonfire and I was down 4 or 5 weapons.

Ghost23

Man this game is awesome. Just killed the pursuer, decided to go to the tower of flame place because my friends wanted me to get the ring of protection. Explored all the way down to No-Man's Wharf, got the ring, and died from some long armed people. I love how everything is connected.

la_briola

Man this game is awesome. Just killed the pursuer, decided to go to the tower of flame place because my friends wanted me to get the ring of protection. Explored all the way down to No-Man's Wharf, got the ring, and died from some long armed people. I love how everything is connected.

Sounds like you didn't play the first game. You should play it, too. They way it connects all the areas is tremendous.

-MD-

The durability is fine imo, my only gripe is the warning that flashes like 1 swing before your weapon breaks.

Uthred

Wow crazy, I am now surprised I managed to get through the whole game with the old knight shield without having it break. Does that apply only to weapons?

Easily fixable though I guess, just double the durability for everything.

I think it must be just weapons, Ive never had any other equipment break (apart from taking a durability breaking attack like the orange ooze)

Shawn6661

You probably already knew this but some secret doors are activated with the "talk/ interact" button now, instead of just with your weapon.

I know that, i think my question was misunderstood. The problem is the "read message on the ground" button is the same as the one to open hidden walls. I wish i didnt have to go offline mode to make the message dissapear.

I know that, i think my question was misunderstood. The problem is the "read message on the ground" button is the same as the one to open hidden walls. I wish i didnt have to go offline mode to make the message dissapear.

I was under the impression that the wall takes priority over the message. If there's a message there and the wall was openable, the wall would open. Most of those messages are troll messages.

Iryx

Just finished the game.
Ending stats were 33~ hours played, SL 150 and 487 deaths.

I started playing a pretty much a pure melee build, and added bow support after i found out how strong poison arrows are against annoying melee enemies.
Overall, I felt like the earlier bosses were alot harder than the later ones, but that might just be because I got better at the game.

I really enjoyed it, more than DS1, and I'll probably start a new character soon and play it through as a magic user this time.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That's a troll. Any secret door that is opened by interaction will take precedence over the message and open regardless. People take advantage of new players who don't know this and place the sign in front of normal walls just to fuck with them.

Wow. I gotta say, as 'durability' systems go, that seems way more complicated than it needs to be.

Might just be me, but I'd be happy with 'weapon hits something = -1 durability'. Just seems like its super complex for little payoff.

Yeah, it honestly, it should have been something like that. Tying it to the framerate was a bad programming decision on From's part. Tying anything to framerate is generally a very poor design decision.

Panda Rin

I really love how you can see drangleic castle and some other areas from majula. I sort of wish there was more of it throughout the game.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
farming
lost sinner
for sunlight medals.

so many hosts dying when literally all they need to do is block and swing.

yes your magic is impressive, you getting 1 shot because the boss switched aggro is annoying.

Yeah, it honestly, it should have been something like that. Tying it to the framerate was a bad programming decision on From's part. Tying anything to framerate is generally a very poor design decision.

B-team, but seriously, that is very odd. Seems like design 101 would tell you to not do that.

L.O.R.D

that weird
since i started NG plus and i am unable to invade people
"unable to find a world to invade"
the invading depend on soul memory alone ? or soul memory and level ?
what is your soul memory and level now ?

Vitor711

The (late game boss spoiler)
ancient dragon
is a MOTHER FUCKER.

Damn somewhat unpredictable instant kill move.

If you alternate between the back feet it's supposed to be easy. Stand in front of the middle toe, hit once or twice to bait out foot stomp, then roll to other foot. Rinse and repeat. Dead Dragon.

Apparently. I've never gotten it to work...

Taruranto

The fact they went the cheap way (once again) and had you fight against multiple enemies when the camera doesn't allow for that. Ornstein and Smough, for instance, or the
Throne Watchers
in this game were fair because you could always keep an eye on one of them when you were attacking the other and because they didn't have auto-targeting attacks with insane range that could kill you from the other side of the room, like the
Darklurker

That and the annoying run to it, which also requires a human effigy. It kind of epitomizes everything that's wrong with this game and it feels nothing like a Dark Souls 1 battle to me.

You can kill them before they split, not to mention their attacks are nowhere near dangerous (even my glass cannon mage could survive 1 hit) and very easy to avoid even when 2.

Sullichin

The fact they went the cheap way (once again) and had you fight against multiple enemies when the camera doesn't allow for that. Ornstein and Smough, for instance, or the
Throne Watchers
in this game were fair because you could always keep an eye on one of them when you were attacking the other and because they didn't have auto-targeting attacks with insane range that could kill you from the other side of the room, like the
Darklurker

That and the annoying run to it, which also requires a human effigy. It kind of epitomizes everything that's wrong with this game and it feels nothing like a Dark Souls 1 battle to me.

The fog in
Shaded Woods
you mean? It's up to you, the
Iron Keep
was probably the hardest of the three post Bastille areas anyway.
I don't think Darklurker is cheap at all. The last bit of that fight when they split makes it the best boss fight in the game. It's so intense. You have time to get away from the ranged attacks.

I don't think Darklurker is cheap at all. The last bit of that fight when they split makes it the best boss fight in the game. It's so intense. You have time to get away from the ranged attacks.

The only thing cheap is his death-throes attack. Could catch a lot of folks off guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom