• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're quite easy to farm once you reach the end game. Burning Ascetics at a specific location (
Dragon's Aerie
)will keep landing you between around 10 each 10 minutes.

I think you meant
Shrine of Amana.

Edit: My bad I read that wrong lol. Yeah that is a decent way as well.

garath

Stupid question inbound.

I have the fire sword. I can sometimes do a thrusting attack, not the rolling into a thrust but just a straight up thrust attack but I can't seem to repeat it. How the heck do you do it? Normal r1 and r2 just seem to be sweeping slashing attacks. What am I missing?

Stupid question inbound.

I have the fire sword. I can sometimes do a thrusting attack, not the rolling into a thrust but just a straight up thrust attack but I can't seem to repeat it. How the heck do you do it? Normal r1 and r2 just seem to be sweeping slashing attacks. What am I missing?

There are lots of attacks and combo's for every weapon.

R1 + R1
R2 + R2
Running + R1
Rolling + R1
Stepback + R1

Repeat for single hand and 2 hand.
There is also dual wield powerstance. Test a new weapon moveset thoroughly.

Garcia

I definitely think summons are slowing down these days. On top of that, soul memory makes it difficult to gauge where you should be putting your sign.

I spent a few hours trying to max out the Sunbro covenant today. Ended up camping on the path to the Mirror Knight with ~2 million SM. It took well over 3 hours to earn about 20 badges in 25-27 summons. That's about 1 summon every 10 minutes. It used to be instant a week ago.

I'm about to reach 12 Million Soul Memory and the summon signs are becoming a rare sight. They're only common at specific locations: D
rangleic,
D
ragons
S
hrine
&
Iron
K
eep.

LiK

Yes, I'm enjoying NG+ a lot more than NG.

Btw, for those who have gone way beyond it: Are there any other changes in NG++ like additional
red ghosts
?

i didn't see any differences in NG++. Enemies just seem a lil more tougher and hit harder. But no changes to the enemies from NG+.

How do these fuckers with the hammers have infinite fucking stamina? They can keep swinging infinitely!

9YpapuF.jpg

Zeliard

Lol, seems like a fair mix of feelings. Speaking of invasions, I got summoned for a match at Iron Keep's arena. It was really awkward at first because the guy who summoned me was practically cheering me up as I fought a red invader. We went melee only and I quite enjoyed the match. I lost, but it was a really fair fight.

Iron Keep red stone PvP is hit-and-miss. Sometimes you'll get summoned into some dumb 3v1, other times it'll be a straight 1v1, and in the best times it'll be into some sort of winner-stays impromptu tourney thing set up by the host. The latter are the best moments.

EasyMode

How do these fuckers with the hammers have infinite fucking stamina? They can keep swinging infinitely!

I had to cheese them with lightning spears. It's like they have no recovery on their moves. Their sword wielding buddies on the other hand are the complete opposite.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
they do, they never stop swinging. It's pretty much BS.

Yup my Havel tank hated those. I can't wait to get to them on my sorc and destroy them (unless they have high magic/dark resistance lol)

LiK

Yup my Havel tank hated those. I can't wait to get to them on my sorc and destroy them (unless they have high magic/dark resistance lol)

i basically poisoned arrow them with my STR/Melee build. Fighting them head on was just trading blows constantly.

Ghazi

Just run past them, it's fairly easy, unless you want to clear out that area! Once you've fought them a few times, it's kinda ridiculous to have to go through them over and over again to get past them.

They only take two Great Lightning Bolts. Seriously, I think I'm just going to run through the game as faith for every single character until I have all the items I need for the actual build I want.

Heres a picture I thought was neat, too. You only get one chance to get these right since its at the end (spoilers).
Since getting cursed during the fight kind of ruins it with all the zombie-ness.

i basically poisoned arrow them with my STR/Melee build. Fighting them head on was just trading blows constantly.

I've been pouring poison arrows into them and they never get poisoned. Even my poison cloud doesn't do it. I've been lobbing fire orbs at them, it's easy enough, but I want to fight them face to face but these fucking BASTARDS and their infinite stamina GOD

LiK

I've been pouring poison arrows into them and they never get poisoned. Even my poison cloud doesn't do it. I've been lobbing fire orbs at them, it's easy enough, but I want to fight them face to face but these fucking BASTARDS and their infinite stamina GOD

they were probably blocking which takes much longer to poison them. i just spammed arrows until the poison went into effect.

Gxgear

Vendrick
and
Ancient Dragon
are terrible optional bosses, tedious bullshit the both of them

Yeah, I'm still stuck on the latter one. I know the strats, but all it takes is one move out of pattern or one misstep out of a couple dozen cycles to sent you right back to the bonfire.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So...
Shaded Woods
First Bonfire isn't worth lighting since the game treats going between the two areas as an "airlock" and can only do it from one side. Pointless bonfire. Get the second one lit for proper "you're in the area" play.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Stupid question inbound.

2 Hand R2 attack. I found it quite useful in the early game. Good damage, attack speed, and staggering power, with relatively low stamina consumption.

Haven't played much PvP with llewelyn. But I am starting to see the pattern of katana guys with the 'running and R1' maneuver. I understand you enjoy always getting a hit if the guy doesn't dodge but I'd like for you to earn that win by hitting me not by hurting me because you cut through air.

maomaoIYP

and in the best times it'll be into some sort of winner-stays impromptu tourney thing set up by the host. The latter are the best moments.
This so much. And the host sets up a warmth spell so the winner gets to heal. Downsides are you running out of spells and your shit getting broken when you keep on winning.
Haven't played much PvP with llewelyn. But I am starting to see the pattern of katana guys with the 'running and R1' maneuver. I understand you enjoy always getting a hit if the guy doesn't dodge but I'd like for you to earn that win by hitting me not by hurting me because you cut through air.
You do know that on their screen they just see you standing there taking a hit right? They don't see you rolling away and slashing at air. Most of the running attacks in the game are faster than the lag, it's just particularly obvious with the katanas.

You do know that on their screen they just see you standing there taking a hit right? They don't see you rolling away and slashing at air. Most of the running attacks in the game are faster than the lag, it's just particularly obvious with the katanas.

I'm a bit cynical so I doubt that all of these people use katana and that a grand majority of them don't know its advantage. Same reason with bat staff and dark fog. Though one is due to code and the other is due to farts.

edit: i'd like to clarify that I am not complaining because I'm losing a lot against katanas, quite the contrary. I just particularly notice that the guys I fight with katanas love that dash R1 move moreso than others, with exception maybe to halberd bros

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'm a bit cynical so I doubt that all of these people use katana and that a grand majority of them don't know its advantage. Same reason with bat staff and dark fog. Though one is due to code and the other is due to farts.

edit: i'd like to clarify that I am not complaining because I'm losing a lot against katanas, quite the contrary. I just particularly notice that the guys I fight with katanas love that dash R1 move moreso than others, with exception maybe to halberd bros

Look at it from their perspective. "Every time I do dash + R1 these people are too slow to respond to my swift speed!" While on your screen you're thinking "I fuckin dodged it stupid shit garbage". It's totally reasonable to get frustrated when on your screen you clearly dodged it, but I don't think you can just assume that everyone using Kitanas is doing so because they're trying to exploit the system. On their screen they're just hitting you. To them, it just seems like a really effective weapon that people have a hard time dodging.

H2Yo

So you're finding the dual Caestus build to be viable?

I tried using two +10 Bleed Claws in PvP, but they were absolutely ineffective. It made me sad.

I just want to be the Wolverine, is that so wrong?

Yeah the stagger is amazing, you can just pow pow pow pow dead everything.
I plan to add poison to them at +10 and then wear the butterfly cuffs which do proxy poison.

Nothing wrong with being Wolverine at all.

Broank

Man was Sunbro-ing at the Mirror knight for a couple hours. Too much damn fun!

Also some asshole summoned me in Drangleic Castle at the Golem doors and proceded to activate every single one the statue guys on purpose. Must have been NG+10 or something because they destroyed me in one hit. lol

Maybe I'm just overthinking it too much but if I were a katana user I'd seriously start thinking "why is it that every other thrust move by most weapons are easily dodged, yet with my weapon it's the opposite?" But eh I guess some people just don't think it too much. Also I'm not looking forward to helping people out 25 times with co-op or so so I can get more tokens of fidelity. I don't want to beat the game all overa gain just for wrath of the gods, screw that. I only need to be successful with blue sentinel ventures about 49 more times vs beating a whole game. Much better.

edit: wait a HUNDRED AND FIFTY VICTORIES?! Welp time to move on. Wrath of gods is not worth it. Going back to Blood Bros.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Also some asshole summoned me in Drangleic Castle at the Golem doors and proceded to activate every single one the statue guys on purpose. Must have been NG+10 or something because they destroyed me in one hit. lol

That's a pretty common soul farming spot. You summon some buds, then just tear through everyone and rake in the souls.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
Thinking about re-rolling my completed NG faith build character for NG+.

Tired of spamming lightning spears...honestly that's the only OP shit about faith builds is most monsters are weak against lightning, but all we get is lightning spears...the rest of the offensive miracles are a joke and not fun to use and are sparse. And since it takes 55 faith to use a measley 3 sunlight spears...it's not worth it. I can't even do melee because 55 faith takes so many points out of vigor/end and I can only use a limited amount of weapons. Currently using my new throne defender+5.

I want to do a intelligence+hex build. Utilize all the spells from both schools of magic to the max.

What stats should I be investing in?

Edit: I just forgot that I never infused my throne defender +5 with lightning...

O
M
G...

Can't play Dark Souls 2 for 3 weeks because vacation...NOOOOOO!

Broank

That's a pretty common soul farming spot. You summon some buds, then just tear through everyone and rake in the souls.

I'm pretty sure he was messing around. He was running around like crazy naked and just took off after activating them.

Kalnos

Banned

I have done like 300 BoB and I'd say about 200 of them involved someone with a Katana + Dark/Lightning Weapon. It's pretty boring.

I have done like 300 BoB and I'd say about 200 of them involved someone with a Katana + Dark/Lightning Weapon. It's pretty boring.

Unfortunately I'm a lightning weapon guy, but I pumped too many points into faith I had to. Though you won't be disappointed that the next character I'm making, which'll probably be soonish, will be Darth Maul. If anybody has any advice on which skills/armor to use for the authentic jedi experience I'm listening

Upgraded standard armor can offer similar if not better protection at a fraction of the weight of the Drangleic. And unlike the Drangleic set, they don't need the incredibly rare twinkling titanite to upgrade.

Drangelic is near useless except at the beginning. Upgrading armor is much better. A fully (+10) upgraded armor has twice the stats it has unupgraded. I have a normal upgraded armor that has ~300 in the physical defenses, getting 150+ is simple.
Any early~mid game armor that's worth investing in?

StarVigil

9YpapuF.jpg

I hated them soo, sooo much! Dodging with my Dex build like there's no tomorrow, only to be hit once, get stunned for 10 Minutes and then die feeling like a noob.
Hex'ed the shit out of them in NG+, though.

Only missing Hidden Weapon from the Bell Keepers and the stuff from Chancellor Wellager to finish my achievements.
Kinda dumb, that you must pvp (or cheese your way) to get all spells.

Kalnos

Banned
Unfortunately I'm a lightning weapon guy, but I pumped too many points into faith I had to. Though you won't be disappointed that the next character I'm making, which'll probably be soonish, will be Darth Maul. If anybody has any advice on which skills/armor to use for the authentic jedi experience I'm listening

Not trying to shit on lightning, just what I have noticed.

Booshka

getting a bit bored of my mastodoon halberd - any good other str weapons for NG+?

Any and all of the Great Hammers with high base damage and A or higher scaling. Drakekeeper's Greataxe, Greatsword, Estoc, Mace, Shadow Dagger if you have one. There are plenty of good STR weapons, as long as the base damage is good, and the scaling is decent, you will be good with using it.

nowai

That's when I crystal out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom