• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

H2Yo

Created an Alt-character, a boxer. I picked the deprived class so I could put all the points where I wanted them. So far I'm rocking the dual Caestus', and they seem really good.

What armour/rings would you guys recommend? I'm after something that will stagger lock my foes.

Mistel

Banned
Created an Alt-character, a boxer. I picked the deprived class so I could put all the points where I wanted them. So far I'm rocking the dual Caestus', and they seem really good.

What armour/rings would you guys recommend? I'm after something that will stagger lock my foes.
If your going to stick with your caestus I suggest ring wise:
  1. Bracing Knuckle Ring
  2. Ring of Blades
  3. Cloranthy rings
  4. Dragon crest rings
Armor wise just wear what you like the royal soldier or Alva set may pique your interest.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The sorc set you get from the
petrified dude in lost Bastille
doesn't look nearly as good as I expected :(

Also where do I get the ring that gives me 3 spell slots that you guys mentioned?

eot

Banned
The sorc set you get from the
petrified dude in lost Bastille
doesn't look nearly as good as I expected :(

Also where do I get the ring that gives me 3 spell slots that you guys mentioned?

Kill Najka in NG+ or use a bonfire ascetic and then kill her again in NG.

I hate you storm :(

Anything like that ring in NG?

You can find the 2 attunement slot variant in Brightstone Cove. It's well hidden and kind of hard to explain how to get though :[

Garcia

Was helping people out to clear Amana earlier. I will do it more often, it is the most frustrating pleace in the game and the worst to be invaded at.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm kind of depressed that both my target weapons (Defender Greatsword for my Miracle dude, and Blue Flame for my Dual Wield dude) are end-game loot.

Why did you have to make the most awesome weapons unusable except for NG+, FROM?

WHY?

Persona7

Banned
Was helping people out to clear Amana earlier. I will do it more often, it is the most frustrating pleace in the game and the worst to be invaded at.

I was helping someone earlier and we got to the area right before the boss and the host and other player both fell into the abyss at the same time.

Vitor711

I invaded Amana a few times. Felt awful about it. Also amused.

Got invaded in the area straight after right now (post-boss fight).

Didn't see the invasion message because I was in my inventory (which seems like a glaring oversight on FROM's behalf).

Only found out once I'd taken a few hits. For some reason though, invader didn't manage to pull off a backstab. This is in the room with the 3 casters, loads of zombies, and now some wall-dudes in NG+.

Manage to deal with them and take the invader down to low health due to a +10 large club with lightning infusion. He of course then runs away and tries to let the casters finish me off. His hiding spot also happens to have a hole in it. So I snipe him to death with a fire arrow on my recently maxed out Dragonrider Great Bow. Good times.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ty eot and storm, I'll read how to get it when I get to that zone

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Man, Child of Light is the perfect Dark Souls 2 break. How far are you people?

I'm only at
Lost Sinner
seems kind of easy, still died on my first try.

Went to try the
Ornstein
and is he a pushover or what? Unless secret second healthbar, got it down to a 5th.

I completed the game and didn't find the npc that let me trade boss souls for weapons so I just played the whole game with a club I started with. The game was miles easier than the previous two games, had no problems with bosses.
You must've done a good job to miss them since there are two NPCs that trade for boss souls!

Zeliard

Got invaded in the area straight after right now (post-boss fight).

Didn't see the invasion message because I was in my inventory (which seems like a glaring oversight on FROM's behalf).

Only found out once I'd taken a few hits. For some reason though, invader didn't manage to pull off a backstab. This is in the room with the 3 casters, loads of zombies, and now some wall-dudes in NG+.

Manage to deal with them and take the invader down to low health due to a +10 large club with lightning infusion. He of course then runs away and tries to let the casters finish me off. His hiding spot also happens to have a hole in it. So I snipe him to death with a fire arrow on my recently maxed out Dragonrider Great Bow. Good times.

I don't feel too bad about my invasions since I wear a white hat almost all of the time I play Souls, and I also refuse to attack anyone I'm invading if they're being targeted by A.I. at the time.

Person's gotta have some principles.

TnK

Is it just me or is this game harder than DaS, and as hard as DeS? I am getting my ass handed to me by those huge turtle like dudes in the area after the first boss.

Man, Child of Light is the perfect Dark Souls 2 break. How far are you people?

I'm only at
Lost Sinner
seems kind of easy, still died on my first try.

Went to try the
Ornstein
and is he a pushover or what? Unless secret second healthbar, got it down to a 5th.
(boss spoilers)
Ornstein aka Old Dragonslayer
was pretty difficult for me... if I slipped up
and had to heal, he would always punish me (often fatally) unless I was patient and careful enough to wait for an opening.

Lost Sinner was not very difficult, but I was fortunate to be good at dodging during the time I fought him.
That isn't always the case, however. :(

I'm at the end of the game and in a terrible bind. I'll figure out the final steps eventually...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh my god. I can't damage these
Gargoyles
for anything. Magic, weapon doesn't matter. 50 damage. :/

Typomancer

Neo Member
The Lost Sinner
was easy for me. It was
the Rotten
which gave me huge problems after a marathon run on a new character. Got my first character to SL120 but felt bad that I named him my first name, so I stopped and named my second Typomancer so all is right with the cosmos.

And this time, I really skimped on the ADP and went with an equal spread to all the other useful stats. Miracles are awesome. But I did not realize all those i-frames would be paramount in
the Rotten fight. He kept spamming that three slam combo. What a fucking nightmare. Finally got him after going in with just pants and my Bastard Sword, while circling and rolling past his right side like a crazy person.

Now I am stuck on what sort of weapons I want to take into the late game. I love the Bastard Sword, but I keep wondering if the Claymore or Zweihander are worth spending lots of souls on, for both the upgrades and the stats. And I am really concerned about whether I should infuse any of my weapons with Lightning since I am enjoying this maximum sunbro build a whole lot.

So you're finding the dual Caestus build to be viable?

I tried using two +10 Bleed Claws in PvP, but they were absolutely ineffective. It made me sad.

I just want to be the Wolverine, is that so wrong?

Mistel

Banned
So you're finding the dual Caestus build to be viable?

I tried using two +10 Bleed Claws in PvP, but they were absolutely ineffective. It made me sad.

I just want to be the Wolverine, is that so wrong?
Dual caestus is very viable I think. Claws themselves aren't that great I think (curiously gets a damage bonus from poison infusions) but you could try mankin claws they do strike damage instead of slash.

Dual caestus is very viable I think. Claws themselves aren't that great I think (curiously gets a damage bonus from poison infusions) but you could try mankin claws they do strike damage instead of slash.

Oh, thanks for the suggestion! Those sound perfect, though I doubt I'll have the patience to actually acquire them.

TheSeks

weapon?

STR and/or DEX seem low to me. Maybe 20 minimum unless you're going purely with Magic or Faith.

Shortsword and Fire Shortsword from the beginning of the game, no upgrades.

Heavy Soul, Soul, Great H. Soul.

Wouldn't be a problem if I could summon but no signs + not being summoned as a shade to turn human + invading bellholes.

I still got the normal boss to beat, but can't get the bonfire lit near the boss since I used the item to open
Shaded Woods
which won't fucking open if I teleport to the bonfire near that area. I get
ambushed by poison assholes just like I did to GET that bonfire
and it still won't open. WTF From?

LiK

Shortsword and Fire Shortsword from the beginning of the game, no upgrades.

Heavy Soul, Soul, Great H. Soul.

Wouldn't be a problem if I could summon but no signs + not being summoned as a shade to turn human + invading bellholes.

I still got the normal boss to beat, but can't get the bonfire lit near the boss since I used the item to open
Shaded Woods
which won't fucking open if I teleport to the bonfire near that area. I get
ambushed by poison assholes just like I did to GET that bonfire
and it still won't open. WTF From?

OH! Upgrade your weapons if you can. Makes a HUGE difference.

TheSeks

OH! Upgrade your weapons if you can. Makes a HUGE difference.

I guess. I've just been spamming magic with summons helping do the damage for the game. But again: No summon signs and can't get summoned to find summon signs.

It's really pissing me off. I'm sitting here near the boss gate for
Lost Bastille
can't even get summoned in NG. I think everyone went to NG+. Ugh.

It also still doesn't solve my
Shaded Woods
glitch/entrance issue. I wanted to go there to get souls to level up Faith and Int to 20 each and then start raising my endurance for more casts so I can dodge after 3-5 casts, but nope.

LiK

I guess. I've just been spamming magic with summons helping do the damage for the game. But again: No summon signs and can't get summoned to find summon signs.

Lost Bastille

Shaded Woods
glitch/entrance issue. I wanted to go there to get souls to level up Faith and Int to 20 each and then start raising my endurance for more casts so I can dodge after 3-5 casts, but nope.

tried logging out and back in? sometimes that fixes the connection issues with summons.

TheSeks

tried logging out and back in? sometimes that fixes the connection issues with summons.

Yeah, and still no signs. I'm wondering if it's my soul memory. It was busy earlier this week and now... it's just... dead.

Is cheating even more rampant here than it was in DS1, or have I just been unlucky? I've only summoned via the Red Soapstone 4 times so far, and twice the person I fought had infinite health. Really irritating.

Yeah, and still no signs. I'm wondering if it's my soul memory. It was busy earlier this week and now... it's just... dead.

Probably a combination of most people have moved beyond Bastille, and there are fewer concurrent players now. Weekends should be better overall.

I am still in ng and getting frequent summons in late game bosses.

Easy_D

never left the stone age

Lost Bastille

Shaded Woods
Weird, longest I had to wait for a summon was like 5 min.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Might be a firewall issue.

Open dem ports.

How are you on the orange messages/blue illusions?

I definitely think summons are slowing down these days. On top of that, soul memory makes it difficult to gauge where you should be putting your sign.

I spent a few hours trying to max out the Sunbro covenant today. Ended up camping on the path to the Mirror Knight with ~2 million SM. It took well over 3 hours to earn about 20 badges in 25-27 summons. That's about 1 summon every 10 minutes. It used to be instant a week ago.

Garcia

B-but Twinkling Titanites are so hard to come by...

I don't care though, i'm keeping my penal mask.

They're quite easy to farm once you reach the end game. Burning Ascetics at a specific location (
Dragon's Aerie
)will keep landing you around 10 each 10 minutes.

I invaded Amana a few times. Felt awful about it. Also amused.

Lol, seems like a fair mix of feelings. Speaking of invasions, I got summoned for a match at Iron Keep's arena. It was really awkward at first because the guy who summoned me was practically cheering me up as I fought a red invader. We went melee only and I quite enjoyed the match. I lost, but it was a really fair fight.

I definitely think summons are slowing down these days. On top of that, soul memory makes it difficult to gauge where you should be putting your sign.

I spent a few hours trying to max out the Sunbro covenant today. Ended up camping on the path to the Mirror Knight with ~2 million SM. It took well over 3 hours to earn about 20 badges in 25-27 summons. That's about 1 summon every 10 minutes. It used to be instant a week ago.

I am around that SM. Getting a lot more success as Velstadt now. Summons in 2-5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom