• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Resonant soul costs 100 souls to cast, anyone remember how many it cost to cast greater version?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Ugh just wanted 40 min trying to break Spiner spear.
What's the most efficient way again? Attacking walls is mind numbing.

Promise I won't PvP with it...

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

I used the first bonfire in Forest of Fallen Giants.

Just gather all the enemies to one area and kill them, then attack their dead corpses for about a minute or two.

Also, durability degrades faster at 60fps, so it's worth playing at 60fps if you can.

Be in the rat covenant and smack around the mastodon in the room you found it in. Should take you a couple minutes to break in at most.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Can't you just walk around in the acid pools in shaded woods?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It has a giant stone on it. Breaking it breaks the stone and makes it a really effective, versatile, and useful/fast weapon.

That's ridiculous and amazing. Damn this series

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Be in the rat covenant and smack around the mastodon in the room you found it in. Should take you a couple minutes to break in at most.

Holy crap. You mean to tell me these things don't take damage or attack back if I'm In the Rat Cov? I'm doing your suggestion Now and wailing on the mastodon and he don't even feel it and it'd crushing the damage on the spear. Thanks man

Rhaknar

Confession time

I love the silky/smooth birds, they crack me up. Come at me bellsunratbros!

54-46!

I went ahead and bought a DualShock 4 yesterday, can't seem to get used to the positioning of Select and Start, keep hitting the touch pad - not something you want to mess up when you try to switch equipment in the middle of a fight.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore

Easiest way to break it 3 min :
Forest of Giants, from the second bonfire run down through the wall near the cave and round up all the zombies in one spot. Kill them so they all pile up in one spot. Hit the pile with r1, durability will go down wicked fast!

Taruranto

YG1OPgz.jpg

TD7cui9.jpg

RYlDHf2.jpg

A lot of weird invasions today...

I don't remember, can I beat the bell tower boss and still get invaded by bellbros?

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
So, I killed Lucatiel (near the Bonfire below the Heide's Tower of Flame).

Wanted to hit with intent, then unintentionally followed up to a 1 vs 1 duel and killing Lucatiel.

Would there be any repercussions?
(try to avoid excessive spoilers please)

Gxgear

So, I killed Lucatiel (near the Bonfire below the Heide's Tower of Flame).

Wanted to hit with intent, then unintentionally followed up to a 1 vs 1 duel and killing Lucatiel.

Would there be any repercussions?
(try to avoid excessive spoilers please)

Aside from not getting to see her questline for the playthrough and adding to your sin level? Not really.

Vitor711

Ugh, still hate the
Demon of Song
fight.

Can't dodge out of his slam move effectively, still seem to get hit. And I guess I should just be moving backwards instead of dodging to the side?

Nearly all bosses = dodge right. Side-stepping and rolling barely seems to work here. Also, my upgraded club keeps bouncing off his shell when it really shouldn't. Switched to my +10 broadsword and am dealing a lot more damage just because it never gets blocked.

DeaviL

Banned
Whats the deal with getting cursed in this game? So far it seems to do approximately jack shit. Compared to DS1, anyway.

Getting cursed equals 1 death to your lifebar

Ugh, still hate the
Demon of Song
fight.

Can't dodge out of his slam move effectively, still seem to get hit. And I guess I should just be moving backwards instead of dodging to the side?

Nearly all bosses = dodge right. Side-stepping and rolling barely seems to work here. Also, my upgraded club keeps bouncing off his shell when it really shouldn't. Switched to my +10 broadsword and am dealing a lot more damage just because it never gets blocked.

He's pretty damn easy, no rolling just sprinting.
Run up, he attacks, run away, attack ends, you attack.

For the drop, sprint in circles, roll when he drops.
Only the "face" can be attacked as far as i know.

zkylon

zkylewd
are whips the go-to weapons for dex chars?

upgraded my rapier to +10 and it has about the same base damage as the old whip :I

Vitor711

He's pretty damn easy, no rolling just sprinting.
Run up, he attacks, run away, attack ends, you attack.

For the drop, sprint in circles, roll when he drops.
Only the "face" can be attacked as far as i know.

Guess I was playing it wrong then. At least the run up to the boss wasn't as much as an issue as I feared it might be. Barring that ridiculous time-waste of an enemy placement by the bonfire, you can just trek on through which was nice.

He's the one boss I never got the hang of. Can't say I'm tempted to revive him and try again.

zkylon

zkylewd
I found that whips break so easily even with a bracing knuckle ring that they're not really viable.
yeah it just broke in the middle of a boss fight

that thing's useless :(

wait about them darth maul twinblades? i saw a guy run those, cast one of them magic sword spells and like one shot a boss

Grab a Black Knight Halberd and feel like death itself.
i'm trying that right now while helping people do boss runs in drangleic castle

scales pretty well with my dex/fth build

Mistel

Banned
Wait about them darth maul twinblades? i saw a guy run those, cast one of them magic sword spells and like one shot a boss.
They're a good weapon with their moveset and strength scaling nice damage too. As long as you don't mind it needing twinkling.

zkylon

zkylewd
how does the blue knights covenant work?

i just completed the sunbro covenant so i'm trying bluebros now, fighting the good fight for the noobs

They're a good weapon with their moveset and strength scaling nice damage too. As long as you don't mind it needing twinkling.
hmm yeah that's kind of lame since twink titanite is pretty rare right now

ty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom