• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiops

Is hex the new way to cheese the game? What would be an ideal build?
Yup. 30 INT, 30+ FAITH, 40 ATN, a little in STR to handle a decent shield, and you can put some VGR and END (around 20 ~ 30 is ok). Attune Resonant /Great Resonant Soul and you're set. You can put some weapon too and use Dark/Resonant Weapon when you want to melee something.

Orayn

I guess I should mention that the DS2 PC is now at Version 1.01 / Calibrations 1.05.

I'm guessing 1.01 is a PC-specific version update, but calibration is supposed to be the same across all platforms. 1.05 would actually put the PC ahead, since PS3 and 360 are currently at calibration 1.04.

Day 1 patch confirmed then. Consoles have patch 1.03

Unless the PC's game version is different from the consoles and those previous patches were rolled into one, maybe.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I just platinumed Dark Souls 2 on PS3 and am tempted to double dip on the PC version and start playing again immediately.

Damn it Souls series.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
J4XXU2-JTFTLL-8ENDXZ

25% off on GMG until friday

Gosh, I wish it was thursday already... I'm tempted to enter to work early tomorrow just to leave early and sit to play this mofo all night long. Friday is going to be PAINFUL at the office...

Grief.exe

Have you been able to force any form of AA through inspector? I suppose it's too much to hope for sgssaa profiles

Read his PC Gamer Tweak guide, he is forcing SGSSAA through Inspector.

aa_compare2.gif

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/21/dark-souls-2-pc-tweaking-guide/

d00d3n

What is the state of the VPN to South Korea to activate games early scene? South Korea-GAF, how many hours are left on your Steam store countdowns? I really want to play this ...

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
What is the state of the VPN to South Korea to activate games early scene? South Korea-GAF, how many hours are left on your Steam store countdowns? I really want to play this ...

It's worldwide simultaneous launch. No need for VPns

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Unless the PC's game version is different from the consoles and those previous patches were rolled into one, maybe.

Could it be, but i think its a little silly if the PC version already have all patches to call v1.01

Just call it v1.0 :p

Thank god the unlocks for 3 pm PST, that means I can finish my class up by noon, get home, kick back and enjoy DS II for the weekend as everyone else does :D

Just a few more Steam dollars to be made...

Sullichin

Could it be, but i think its a little silly if the PC version already have all patches to call v1.01

Just call it v1.0 :p
Mine was 1.0 as of last night, guessing it will be included as a day one patch on the retail version. But they probably want to keep the version numbers the same.

AkuMifune

Banned
Thank god the unlocks for 3 pm PST, that means I can finish my class up by noon, get home, kick back and enjoy DS II for the weekend as everyone else does :D

Just a few more Steam dollars to be made...

Hurry quick to Belfry. Either to get through before the ass-hats start invading, or to be one of the first ass-hats waiting for people. ;)

Asshole invasions, gotta pay it forward.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Which european time is that?

11pm for UK / Portugal

Midnight for most other countries

on a unrelated but on topic note, I cant find a good dark souls avatar picture and now Im sad. they are all too dark (no pun intended) to show well :/

impact

Banned
Made them even easier? That's not good.

Wonder if the preload data already contain them or are we going to get those as zero-day patches.

Yes, they made the joke of a first boss even easier and a handful of other bosses do less damage and have less HP. Not a fan of any of the changes tbh. Read at your own will *SPOILERS*

The Last Giant now does even less damage to players and Well-Mannered Pate.
The Lost Sinner now has less HP and does less damage.
Royal Rat Authority now has less HP and does less damage
Duke’s Dear Freja’s laser breath now does less damage.
Enemies around Sinner’s Rise now do less damage
Shadow Men in the Flexile Sentry’s Boss area in NG+ now do less damage

zma1013

Yes, they made the joke of a first boss even easier and a handful of other bosses do less damage and have less HP. Not a fan of any of the changes tbh. Read at your own will *SPOILERS*

The Last Giant now does even less damage to players and Well-Mannered Pate.
The Lost Sinner now has less HP and does less damage.
Royal Rat Authority now has less HP and does less damage
Duke’s Dear Freja’s laser breath now does less damage.
Enemies around Sinner’s Rise now do less damage
Shadow Men in the Flexile Sentry’s Boss area in NG+ now do less damage

It's sad because the first boss,
the Last Giant has a terrifying introduction and you're all like, "Oh my god, this thing is going to destroy me," but then it's like, "That's it? Really?"

So as far as going where you want to from the start of the game, is there any truth to that or not?

I saw there were two ways to go from Majula, but those are the only places I've really played while at a friends house.

impact

Banned
It's sad because the first boss,
the Last Giant has a terrifying introduction and you're all like, "Oh my god, this thing is going to destroy me," but then it's like, "That's it? Really?"

On one hand, it really sucks. On the other hand, more co-op opportunities to help struggling players. I won't say no to that!

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
So as far as going where you want to from the start of the game, is there any truth to that or not?

I saw there were two ways to go from Majula, but those are the only places I've really played while at a friends house.

There are 3 ways, although one of them is rather difficult at the beggining

saxman717

Banned
How far into the game do you have to progress before being able to participate in co-op via laying down your own signs? Do you have to beat the first boss? Further than that? About how many hrs in?

Paches

I don't think I have received my cd key from GMG yet for Steam. Anyone else?

Edit: I am bad and dumb. Checked in my account details.

saxman717

Banned
Shit, how could I forget THE BEST ONE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU513suJZzY

SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

When you see an asshole that really reminds you of another asshole, do his quest.

No. You can get it really early. It's possible to miss.

Haha --- looking forward to seeing what you mean, GBraga. Considering that its easy to miss, and I want to get that option opened ASAP tomorrow, can someone elaborate w/ hidden text as to where to go/what to do?

I'm doing a playthrough w/ my wife and have Friday off, but she doesn't --- I want to get to a point tomorrow night before bedtime that I will be able to grind and play co-op on Friday without progressing any further with the main game.

If it wasn't for CSGO I wouldn't be able to buy this day one.

Sold my AWP Boom for $9 and now I'm at $35.95... A new game for $14. From deserves all the sales they can get, glad to see it at number one on the top seller list.

When people say certain bosses got nerfed and other things, they don't take into account how some of the player's abilities/weapons get nerfed as well.

Some of dark souls bosses were easier since 1.0, but the nerf to pyromancy and elemental weapons, along with changes to some spells (iron flesh, tranquil walk of peace) made some bosses much harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom