• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garcia

This is it, guys!

t1398376800z1.png

dawn-of-the-final-day.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
J4XXU2-JTFTLL-8ENDXZ for 25%

seems to only work on DS2 too, tried on Wildstar and its a no go

This is it, guys!

t1398376800z1.png

dawn-of-the-final-day.jpg

TENSION INTENSIFIES

Damn, I can't take this anymore, this damn wait. However, you guys gave me hope: the timer indicates this releases EXACTLY once I'm out of the office. Best news ever.

I'm basically turning my office comp to jump to another comp as soon as I get back home. Lock the hounds, lock the wolves, I'm gonna play Dark Souls 2, Durante Approved Edition.

DukeBobby

I finished Dark Souls for the first time in January, so it's only been a short wait for me.

If I played it at release, the wait would have been torturous.

AmyS

While I would love nothing more than to be able to play DSII on PC within the next 24 hours or so, I won't be able to as my current PC is a just a 3+ year old laptop completely lacking even modestly decent 3D graphics capabilities and thus, isn't able to play 360 or PS3 quality games, nevermind an enhanced port that can be played at higher framerates and resolutions. Besides, I'm still very much a beginner with the Souls series. Only recently picked up these around the middle of last month:

T2BidYp.jpg

So while many of you over the comies days will get to enjoy the best version of DSII that's available, at least I can play the other games in the series on PS3 and hopefully make significant progress in Deomon's Souls.

FatalT

Banned
While I would love nothing more than to be able to play DSII on PC within the next 24 hours or so, I won't be able to as my current PC is a just a 3+ year old laptop completely lacking even modestly decent 3D graphics capabilities and thus, isn't able to play 360 or PS3 quality games, nevermind an enhanced port that can be played at higher framerates and resolutions. Besides, I'm still very much a beginner with the Souls series. Only recently picked up these around the middle of last month:

T2BidYp.jpg

So while many of you over the comies days will get to enjoy the best version of DSII that's available, at least I can play the other games in the series on PS3 and hopefully make significant progress in Deomon's Souls.

What's stopping you from playing Dark Souls II on PS3?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah not sure I get that either... but congrats on picking up the two games of the generation anyway, Amy. Hope you enjoy them. =) One of the reasons I loved Dark Souls II so much is that I got to be a newbie all over again, discovering the game for the first time.

Orayn

This probably won't support SLI right off the bat huh? Single 680GTX should do fine at 1080p I guess.

Someone from PC Gamer said that the Large Pixel Collider ran it with SLI enabled. Not sure if it scaled super duper well, but there weren't any problems.

Also, if Durante can run it at 2560x1440 with 4x SGSSAA on his single GTX 770, you can probably do at least as much.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
This probably won't support SLI right off the bat huh? Single 680GTX should do fine at 1080p I guess.

There's no offcial SLI profile in the current driver, and I couldn't try one on my own since I don't use SLI.

The game doesn't do anything incredibly unusual in its renderer though, so I assume a basic AFR profile would work. But that's just an assumption.

transparent_by_aloo81-d7fpih4.png

Durante

Well, you can get 40~60 at 1440p and SGSSAA, have in mind that for most people, 1440p is already downsampling.
True, I didn't think of that. For me, downsampling starts at 4k, and that with 4xSGSSAA is probably Titan Z level ;)

It's pretty amazing really that there is hardware out there which can realistically run that (4k/4xSGSSAA that is).

Amazon, pls ship my CE already so that I can play it tomorrow night with all of you. ='-(

(Yeah, seriously doubt that's going to happen at this point.)

Besides the potential day zero patches, I hope there isn't any issues with ATI cards. Gotta manage studying for my finals and playing the game.

H1PSTER

I am awfully confused.

I've ordered from SimplyCDKeys and haven't gotten my key yet; steam says it's out tomorrow and SimplyCDKeys says Friday.

Anyone up for some nighttime DaS PvP sessions? With DSCfix it would be a snap to set up some fights on the arena.

I have a SL 1, a SL 120, SL 112, and a SL80 character all geared up to fight. We can fight outside the arena too.

My GFWL GT is on my profile.

Gbraga

I'll try 1620p, lowering to 1440p if I have to in order to keep 60fps. In-game AA is fine for me, in-game AO because of the HUD. It should be doable with a 680.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Honest Question. What framerate I should expect and can I downsample it to 1440p with 60 fps or should I stay 1080p?
iZzERBPimu0ds.png

moop1167

So what's the deal with 16:10 support? Is there no option for 1920x1200? So does that mean I have to select 1080p as my resolution?

Gbraga

Anyone up for some nighttime DaS PvP sessions? With DSCfix it would be a snap to set up some fights on the arena.

I have a SL 1, a SL 120, SL 112, and a SL80 character all geared up to fight. We can fight outside the arena too.

My GFWL GT is on my profile.

Is the arena actually used on PC? I always just go to Oolacile Township when I want to PVP and get invaded all the time (which kinda sucks, since I can never get to invade myself and since I'm not that good, some time I'll end up losing all my humanities. It'll take a while, but it'll eventually happen).

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Is the arena actually used on PC? I always just go to Oolacile Township when I want to PVP and get invaded all the time (which kinda sucks, since I can never get to invade myself and since I'm not that good, some time I'll end up losing all my humanities. It'll take a while, but it'll eventually happen.

I haven't been able to get a fight there in a looooooooong time. I've mostly given up and done the same as you + going to Darkroot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom