• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbraga

Haha --- looking forward to seeing what you mean, GBraga. Considering that its easy to miss, and I want to get that option opened ASAP tomorrow, can someone elaborate w/ hidden text as to where to go/what to do?

I'm doing a playthrough w/ my wife and have Friday off, but she doesn't --- I want to get to a point tomorrow night before bedtime that I will be able to grind and play co-op on Friday without progressing any further with the main game.

It's kinda hard to miss that asshole, you can miss the item if you don't do his quest. So, when you really feel like this asshole will try to screw you, do it anyway.

It's still in the Forest of Fallen Giants. So make sure that's the first area you go to after Majula.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
on a unrelated but on topic note, I cant find a good dark souls avatar picture and now Im sad. they are all too dark (no pun intended) to show well :/

What would you want from DS1/Who do you like?

Can you adjust Inspector settings while you are in-game, or do you have to exact out and restart?

I have always done the latter.

My understanding is its the latter.

I just preloaded Dark Souls 2 and im a complete noob to the franchise.

My friend is getting it too i think and we were wondering if the whole game can be played coop online? If so, does the game scale when playing with others or is it just easier with 2 players?

My friend is getting it too i think and we were wondering if the whole game can be played coop online? If so, does the game scale when playing with others or is it just easier with 2 players?

If it is like Dark Souls, 99% of the time you'll be fine with summoning however many people you want (2 others). There was one boss fight that actually got harder with more people.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

There's not way to just match up together and play together.

The way it works is that one of you must place a summon sign and the other must activate it to call them in. When they place the summon sign though, it will show up in many people who are online in the world at the same time and may not show up for you specifically.

The developers did not intend for this to be a game that two friends play through together from start to finish.

yatesl

Still waiting for my key from Simply, but so hype! If it's out 11pm BST, I think I'll get 2 hours in before I go to bed. Then run home as fast I can after work on Friday (about 7pm-ish), and play it.

I'd love to be with the first wave, but I don't feel as bad considering it's been out for a month on other platforms already.

It can be done, but it will take a lot of hoops to jump through and some clever tactics to continue to be matched with a buddy. A summon is sent back after any boss is defeated so you would have to re-summon frequently. You would also have to both clear the same area's back to back taking turn as the host to stay together. There is also no guarantee you will find each others summon signs, but there is a ring your character can equip to help increase the likelyhood of finding each other.

Gbraga

It can, but it's more work than it's worth.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
If I'm too much of a baby to handle the belfry invasion zones, can the PC version be played offline? I know it was trickier for DS1 because of GFWL, but this time will it be as simple as going offline with Steam? (And will my game still save properly?)

Grief.exe

As Alo explained, it can be convoluted to directly connect with a friend as the system was designed to be partially obfuscated.

My suggestion would be have your friend put down his summon sign in an area that is not as obvious, such as under a bridge.

I remember reading in previews a long time ago that they planned on making phantoms only exist for a certain amount of time in the game. Not sure if that made it to retail.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Oh Gwynevere how I'll miss thee
iC5kPGaSMNQmP.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
As Alo explained, it can be convoluted to directly connect with a friend as the system was designed to be partially obfuscated.

My suggestion would be have your friend put down his summon sign in an area that is not as obvious, such as under a bridge.

I remember reading in previews a long time ago that they planned on making phantoms only exist for a certain amount of time in the game. Not sure if that made it to retail.

There is something about that.
There is a ring you can use to make coop easier with friends by choosing the same good which will somewhat filter things better in order for you to have better chances at playing with a friend. I have not tried but it is there.

It has changed a bit how they originally pitched it in previews and showed in the Beta, but there are different types of summons. One in particular is a short duration, but it doesn't make it clear if it's time based, or on how many enemies they kill.

Garcia

Yes, they made the joke of a first boss even easier and a handful of other bosses do less damage and have less HP. Not a fan of any of the changes tbh. Read at your own will *SPOILERS*

The Last Giant now does even less damage to players and Well-Mannered Pate.
The Lost Sinner now has less HP and does less damage.
Royal Rat Authority now has less HP and does less damage
Duke’s Dear Freja’s laser breath now does less damage.
Enemies around Sinner’s Rise now do less damage
Shadow Men in the Flexile Sentry’s Boss area in NG+ now do less damage

Ugggh... I didn't know the nerfs were that many by now. The one thing that bothers me the most is
The Last Giant now doing less damage.
He was the reason why I started experimenting with Co-op and the trigger of what later would become the most enjoyable online experience. It he wasn't that difficult to beat I probably wouldn't have bothered with Co-op until much later on.

LeBart

Just watched Durante's video.
So... the mouse cursor thing that was pointed out by Giant Bomb was not fixed in the final version?

Durante

There is something about that.
There is a ring you can use to make coop easier with friends by choosing the same good which will somewhat filter things better in order for you to have better chances at playing with a friend. I have not tried but it is there.
I saw the item and its description in game. Extremely neat, will surely make use of it.

I'm continuously (well, since Demon's Souls) impressed how From manage to take so many online play concepts and seamlessly integrate them in-game in a lore-frinedly manner.

Can you adjust Inspector settings while you are in-game, or do you have to exact out and restart?

I have always done the latter.
You have to restart. Makes testing ~25 profiles great fun!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
those nerfs are completely irrelevant for someone that didnt play the console version. As is the case with many (most) in this thread, hence why this is a seperate thread

impact

Banned
those nerfs are completely irrelevant for someone that didnt play the console version. As is the case with many (most) in this thread, hence why this is a seperate thread

Someone asked if they patched the console version and I replied.

And it is relevant because when people breeze through a bunch of bosses at least they know why they're so easy.
Nerfed for the PC crowd to keep up
;)

Sorry.
The mouse cursor appears in the center of the screen everytime you enter menus or pick up loot. According to GB it comes back everytime even if you put it away. I find that incredibly obnoxious.

Oh jeez. Hopefully they fix that quick. That would drive me nuts.

Facism

Guys, there's no need for a VPN. The game releases simultaneously worldwide. Some of you guys asking have had it answers mere posts before you asked. Please read :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom