• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigarator

If anybody ordered from CDKeys their codes are now up, just used mine and am now pre-loading. Man, can't wait to play this smooth and silky style.

phaeta

From Amazon:

We have received new release date information related to the order you placed on ... The item(s) listed below will actually ship sooner than we originally expected based on the new release date:

"Dark Souls II: Collector's Edition - Windows (select)"
Previous estimated arrival date: April 25, 2014
New estimated arrival date: April 24, 2014

Everything is awesome.

From Amazon:

We have received new release date information related to the order you placed on ... The item(s) listed below will actually ship sooner than we originally expected based on the new release date:

"Dark Souls II: Collector's Edition - Windows (select)"
Previous estimated arrival date: April 25, 2014
New estimated arrival date: April 24, 2014

Everything is awesome.

=O

Did you just barely get that? Amazon hasn't sent me anything about that, and mine still shows the 25th.

Durante

It's actually 5.6 GB now.

I really wouldn't get too excited, probably they just fixed some bugs in the assets and need to replace the entire file.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Are we going to get our own Spoiler/Tips thread, or are those going to be handled here?

Also, for those that already completed the game on Consoles.. is there any case where interacting with NPCs at the wrong time or go to certain place first, "break" their quest line? 'Cause that's the only part I WANT to be spoiled about.
I dont want to clutter more with threads. console Spoilers and tips post might be enough.

Dinda

Here's a video:
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/6558ivxmd5ul94t/+_Dark_Souls_II_04.12.2014_-_14.08.39.99.mp4
(Use the download function!)

It's very early in the game (I went to that location first), and I didn't use SweetFX yet I believe. And, as I said, it's running on a 770 at 2560x1440 with 4xSGSSAA, so it's not a solid 60 FPS. IQ is pretty damn nice though if I do say so myself.

You're more than welcome, I don't know how long Mediafire will keep it up.

Thanks for the video, looks pretty fantastic.

Sendero

It's actually 5.6 GB now.

I really wouldn't get too excited, probably they just fixed some bugs in the assets and need to replace the entire file.
I do not see anything on my pre-loaded data. Is that only for people that can already play the game like you? Is there a log to see what stuff was changed?

Edit: Saw it was already answered.

I dont want to clutter more with threads. console Spoilers and tips post might be enough.
Aww. Thanks anyway.

BTW, is the Console release still at v1.00 or has any patches been released already?

Blinck

Durante that footage is great, thank you for sharing !

So weird to see Dark Souls at 60fps ! Looks great and very smooth! I know the game got a big downgrade from E3, but I still think it looks quite a bit better than Dark Souls 1.

Can't.

Fucking.

Wait.

Durante

The patch size is growing while it's downloading, now it's 6.5 GB. I've never seen this before, interesting.

(But as I said, probably nothing big -- well, nothing "big" as in significant ;))

Edit:
By the time I finished this post it's now 6.7 :O

Phaezyk

Hey Durante I am curious-- do Invasion names work off the Steam username this time? I'm assuming it does but you never know...

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
The patch size is growing while it's downloading, now it's 6.5 GB. I've never seen this before, interesting.

(But as I said, probably nothing big -- well, nothing "big" as in significant ;))

Edit:
By the time I finished this post it's now 6.7 :O

Kill it before it takes over all your HDD :p

Durante

Hey Durante I am curious-- do Invasion names work off the Steam username this time? I'm assuming it does but you never know...
I haven't been invaded (very few players!), so I don't know, but I would assume so. The game never prompts you for any login/account data, so it should all be based on Steam.

Being tied to Steamname is awesome to me.

What in the world is Durante downloading lol.
"The whole game had small issues on single assets throughout every file. Redownload the game."

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I do not see anything on my pre-loaded data. Is that only for people that can already play the game like you? Is there a log to see what stuff was changed?

Edit: Saw it was already answered.

Aww. Thanks anyway.

BTW, is the Console release still at v1.00 or has any patches been released already?
There have been multiple patches (2 I think)

Vuze

Could some kind person tell me how large the actual download of the game is? Steam says 14GB HDD requirement but we all know this sometimes varies heavily (haven't ordered yet :x). Thank you!

Durante

The download has finished (at 7 GB), and I haven't seen any changes. So it was probably like I expected, just a few minor fixes.

Could some kind person tell me how large the actual download of the game is? Steam says 14GB HDD requirement but we all know this sometimes varies heavily (haven't ordered yet :x). Thank you!
I believe the download itself was about 8 GB, and the game requires about 11 GB of disc space installed.

Orayn

Being tied to Steamname is awesome to me.

What in the world is Durante downloading lol.
"The whole game had small issues on single assets throughout every file. Redownload the game."

That's just the way patches are for certain game engines, ask anyone who owns Dungeon Defenders.

Dark Souls II did have some non-huge updates on on console, however, so at least we don't have to worry about multi-GB updates *every* time.

Orayn

Gonna strike while the iron is hot and re-ask a question: Durante, have you tried forcing MSAA yet? If so, did it work?

The fact that Nvidia's SSAA bit worked made me slightly hopeful.

Grief.exe

Gonna strike while the iron is hot and re-ask a question: Durante, have you tried forcing MSAA yet? If so, did it work?

The fact that Nvidia's SSAA bit worked made me slightly hopeful.

You don't need a bit to force MSAA in Nvidia Inspector

EDIT: He has MSAA on in the article

inspector-610x539.png

Orayn

You don't need a bit to force MSAA in Nvidia Inspector

I know, it's just indicative that the game allows slightly more control over AA than the worst case scenario where the only thing that works is downsampling through control of in-game res, which is OGSSAA.

Orayn

could it be they are fixing the hitbox issues with this huge patch?

Hard to say what they fixed. I'd think they would be able to update hitboxes without replacing tons of large files, so it could be that the PC press version was behind the console versions at launch and needed a larger patch to be brought up to speed.

feel

I wish I still had the PS3 version (I rented it). Just so I can play it a bit before booting up the PC version just for the insta feels.
Oh actually I'm forgetting it's a PC game. I can just cap the frame rate to 25 then change it to 60.
Remember to squint hard to complete the look.

Wait, they aren't using Steampipe?

Well fuck, that doesn't seem nice to us with slow connections.
Shit, tears ahead for us less fortunate if they make us download a big update on launch day.

Grief.exe

Hard to say what they fixed. I'd think they would be able to update hitboxes without replacing tons of large files, so it could be that the PC press version was behind the console versions at launch and needed a larger patch to be brought up to speed.

I'd venture a guess that they just didn't pack this up as a patch. Just sent out all the files to be redownloaded.

On release, they will pack things up differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom