• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the arena actually used on PC? I always just go to Oolacile Township when I want to PVP and get invaded all the time (which kinda sucks, since I can never get to invade myself and since I'm not that good, some time I'll end up losing all my humanities. It'll take a while, but it'll eventually happen.

The arena is really, really dead. Sometimes people use it for pre-planned matches, though. You just won't have any luck finding anything if you just pop in there without some friends also doing so.

Is the arena actually used on PC? I always just go to Oolacile Township when I want to PVP and get invaded all the time (which kinda sucks, since I can never get to invade myself and since I'm not that good, some time I'll end up losing all my humanities. It'll take a while, but it'll eventually happen.

Not really, but it's really easy to set up on PC with DSCfix, I suggested it as it would be easier to set up some fights as they won't be burdened by things like being human to fight or whether you beat the boss in an area or not.

UGH dunno if I'm gonna be able to wait for my CE to ship here... I wonder if Namco was nice enough to load the truck a day early so I can get it a day early... that'd be something.

AmyS

What's stopping you from playing Dark Souls II on PS3?

Nothing at all.

Not because of anything other than just not wanting to. I guess could walk or drive over to the GameStop 1.5 miles away and buy a new / used copy of DSII for PS3 before they close tonight at 9PM central.

Without really thinking about it or making a conscience decision, soon after I got Demon Soul's+DS I kinda somehow decided I'd simply wait until I can get a decent PC with a decent graphics card, maybe sometime late this year or early next year.

Reason being nothing more than, that way, I'll play DSII and have the best visual experience possible.

However, a gaming PC is something I could certainly *not* just go out and purchase in the next couple days.

Orayn

Word to the wise, if you have an Nvidia card and you can manage 2x2 downscaling (like 4K to 1080p), you're better off forcing 4x SGSSAA. It has a similar performance cost but better results.

Probably won't get my key from "Fast2Play" until Friday, but it's all good I've run through the console version twice already so I don't mind waiting :p

Well a 780m is basically a 680, right?

(Is actually clueless)

This is actually a relevant question for me too.
Not really. The most powerful mobile gpu (the 880m) has roughly the same power of a 670. The 780 is in between a 670 and 660 in terms of performance, but definitely leaning more on the side of 670.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I... I still have my old 560 Ti :(

hopefully it won't run too bad at 1680x1050 (or whatever the closest 16:9 resolution it supports is because fuck stretching.)

UnrealEck

Just built a new PC

10261297_741253619252652_1465995479_n.jpg

Hope I can run Dark Souls 2 maxed at 1080p.

Joking of course, it's not my PC. I found this on reddit. Seems it's from Digital Storm. Two 295X2's in Crossfire. 4 GPUs, all water cooled.

Ghazi

I have a feeling I'll get a good 21fps with Intel HD Graphics 3000... so it'll be the same as playing the console versions.

npa189

I think my 3570k and 670 should be buttery smooth, I'm wondering if I can trust my dualshock 4. DS4tool seems really stable, but I still have a wired 360 pad around here somewhere, it needs to be tomorrow already.

Dr Dogg

There is a convoluted method using junction points. Practically, no.

It's not that convoluted, only if you make it so by faffing around installing programs to do something already built into Windows.

ie open a command prompt and use a mklink command like so

mklink /j "c:\program files (x86)\steam\depotcache" d:\directorywhereyouputyourdepotcachefolder

Obviously it might need amending if your Steam install isn't set at default on C:\ and the target you can chose anywhere you want. Using a junction like this is also handy if you want to move your screenshot and cloud save directories as well, in fact it's handy to know just for general PC maintenance and super powerful combined with a cloud service like DropBox or Box. Ideally it would be nice is Valve let us chose where to install preloads but it took years to get selectable install directories.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Just preordered my copy from GMG for $37 using the 25% off coupon.

So all the extra preorder goodies from Steam should be available when the game is unlocked right? Can't see the ability to check DLC for the game currently.

Grief.exe

That's insane. I should look into a good Laptop/ultrabook

Nito's set up is also extremely expensive.

I have SLI'd 4gb 670's, so hopefully SLI winds up working so I can downsample like crazy.

You can generally force SLI compatibility through Nvidia Inspector. Will just take some playing around with different profiles.

I will probably start with the Dark Souls 1 profile.

Just preordered my copy from GMG for $37 using the 25% off coupon.

So all the extra preorder goodies from Steam should be available when the game is unlocked right? Can't see the ability to check DLC for the game currently.

The entry in your account probably says Dark Souls 2 preorder ROW. All copies bought after tomorrow will remove the preorder connotation.

L.O.R.D

That's insane. I should look into a good Laptop/ultrabook

forget about ultrabooks , they usually come with integrated intel/amd only
get asus / MSI or some costume build origin laptop or CLEVO / SAGER

i have msi GE60 which is doing fine in 720P , all sittings are high

Parsnip

I hope that the mouse cursor thing won't be a problem anymore when the game unlocks.

Though even if it is, there are ways around that of course.

Varna

Hopefully online play is at least as good as Demons Souls. That game was a blast with all the invasions. I hardly ever saw anyone in Dark Souls (that P2P connection was a joke).

Orayn

Hopefully online play is at least as good as Demons Souls. That game was a blast with all the invasions. I hardly ever saw anyone in Dark Souls (that P2P connection was a joke).

Connectivity is supposed to be pretty good, but the new system they have in place for determining who you can invade/co-op with is kinda restrictive. Also, a lot of would-be invaders are now content to duel each other for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom