• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
forget about ultrabooks , they usually come with integrated intel/amd only
get asus / MSI or some costume build origin laptop or CLEVO / SAGER

i have msi GE60 which is doing fine in 720P , all sittings are high

For gaming laptops stick with ASUS/Alienware. MSI are good for the price but they also have the downside of using cheap materials and poor cooling systems. Same with most Clevo machines.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
For gaming laptops stick with ASUS/Alienware. MSI are good for the price but they also have the downside of using cheap materials and poor cooling systems. Same with most Clevo machines.

Didn't Alienware was called out for using cheap materials after Dell got their hands on them?

Asus remains as god tier as ever but I love my MSI (1 year in 2 months awwww)

Kinda curious how my 7870 would perform downsampled to 1440p. Might try it out and see how it runs with some graphic adjustments. If I can't get a solid 60, I'll just go back to good old 1080p lol. Gonna be upgrading my gpu later this year when more games I want start to come out.

Hopefully online play is at least as good as Demons Souls. That game was a blast with all the invasions. I hardly ever saw anyone in Dark Souls (that P2P connection was a joke).

The only problem is in the first playthrough you are not gonna see much invasions. Majority of the pvp is saved for NG+. People can't get many cracked red eye orbs till way later in the game which sucks imo.

Chuck

Still without luck
Newcomer to the series, good to jump in on II?

absolutely. It's a sequel to the first game, but you can go either way and you'll get the same impact.

Also, it's the least great of the 3 souls games (which is to say still great), so it will only go up from there! :D

Kalnos

Banned
I haven't played Dark Souls 2 yet but tbh there weren't many invasions in Dark Souls 1 either when I first played from what I remember. There were only a few red eye orbs in Firelink and Kaathe was hidden.

Soul Memory seems flawed at the moment though. Here's hoping for a patch.

Chuck

Still without luck
so have they changed the release time on steam like 3 or 4 times? i would swear it's changed every time i've looked.

Skyzard

Banned
absolutely. It's a sequel to the first game, but you can go either way and you'll get the same impact.

Also, it's the least great of the 3 souls games (which is to say still great), so it will only go up from there! :D

Hmm, thanks - will look into the differences then.

impact

Banned
Hopefully online play is at least as good as Demons Souls. That game was a blast with all the invasions. I hardly ever saw anyone in Dark Souls (that P2P connection was a joke).
It's not. The poor hit boxes make the online more frustrating than fun.

After 20+ tries I managed to beat Artorias with my SL1 dude. The entirety of the fight took place while Clint Eastwood by Gorrilaz was playing in the background. Somehow that song gave me the edge to beat the cheap bastard.

rg25Um3.jpg

Now to beat Manus and Gwyn.

ZeroX03

Banned
Didn't Alienware was called out for using cheap materials after Dell got their hands on them?

Asus remains as god tier as ever but I love my MSI (1 year in 2 months awwww)

Whatever materials Alienware use, it's leagues above what MSI offer. ASUS are indeed god tier although I'm disappointed they haven't integrated SLI into their ROG machines.

Nabs

Odd. I was expecting a barrage of reviews for the PC version by this time.

As a side note, the Metacritic (PC) main link counter shows 27+ hrs for release.
Can't imagine the riot if the Steam one is incorrect.

My estus is ready.

Namco already confirmed that the Steam release was correct.

Sendero

After 20+ tries I managed to beat Artorias with my SL1 dude. Now to beat Manus and Gwyn.
Take the tail sword from Kalameet first. That should keep you entertained for a while. ;)

True story: Gwyn was pretty much single handedly defeated by Solaire in my run (rightfully so). I just went for the deathblow. True Sunbro.

Namco already confirmed that the Steam release was correct.
Great, thanks.

After 20+ tries I managed to beat Artorias with my SL1 dude. The entirety of the fight took place while Clint Eastwood by Gorrilaz was playing in the background. Somehow that song gave me the edge to beat the cheap bastard.

Dont forget to summon the Great Grey Wolf before you fight Manus,

legacyzero

Banned
Newcomer to the series, good to jump in on II?

The first game was amazing too. It's the only Souls game I've played. No other game has taught me PATIENCE like Dark Souls has. You should pick up Dark Souls 1 as well when it hits a deal or something. Totally worth it. Just be "Prepared to Die".

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
$2699.99 it's pocket change.
KuGsj.gif

oh lol fuk dat I'd rather get some Titanz

forget about ultrabooks , they usually come with integrated intel/amd only
get asus / MSI or some costume build origin laptop or CLEVO / SAGER

i have msi GE60 which is doing fine in 720P , all sittings are high

If prices are anywhere near that crazy price range above I'll stick to desktop upgrades and enjoy lush smoothness on my 120hz display.

Gbraga

I'm feeling glad

Is the game more CPU or GPU intensive?
Because I have an old CPU and a mid-range GPU, so I want to know if I'll be able to play it nicely.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
oh lol fuk dat I'd rather get some Titanz

If prices are anywhere near that crazy price range above I'll stick to desktop upgrades and enjoy lush smoothness on my 120hz display.

You can get a nice build for 1600-2000. I simply went overboard.

I'm really stupid. After recently forcing myself to conquer some of the major backlog games I have(Witcher 2 and Dishonored for me) I though I'd tackle Dragon Age: Origins next. Started the other day, and now I'm finally kind of in the groove...but I realize there's no way I can beat this any time soon, and I don't want to divide my time between this and DS2. And I know if I stop now I'll fall out of the groove again...dang it I guess DS2 will wait another week for me. I'm an idiot.

Levyne

Banned
I know the feeling. That why I'm just playing FTL tonight, don't want to get into something long and narrative heavy before DS2 :)

mannerbot

I'm really stupid. After recently forcing myself to conquer some of the major backlog games I have(Witcher 2 and Dishonored for me) I though I'd tackle Dragon Age: Origins next. Started the other day, and now I'm finally kind of in the groove...but I realize there's no way I can beat this any time soon, and I don't want to divide my time between this and DS2. And I know if I stop now I'll fall out of the groove again...dang it I guess DS2 will wait another week for me. I'm an idiot.

How do you even have a backlog if Dragon Age will only take one week for you to beat? O_O

-MD-

That's why I decided to play through Brothers instead of a full blown game prior to DS2.

Deadbeat

Banned
Yup. 30 INT, 30+ FAITH, 40 ATN, a little in STR to handle a decent shield, and you can put some VGR and END (around 20 ~ 30 is ok). Attune Resonant /Great Resonant Soul and you're set. You can put some weapon too and use Dark/Resonant Weapon when you want to melee something.
Are there any other specific hexes to use?

Basketball

How dare you do that to the Knight

Greenmangaming.com has another for 25% off Dark Souls 2 for PC in case you missed it the other day.

DarkSoulsII-Blog_Banner_Template_NEW-25%25Off.jpg

J4XXU2-JTFTLL-8ENDXZ

Code is good until 4/25

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
Was anyone else kinda bummed that the soundtrack and the art and comic pdf was encrypted along with the game assets?

I was so looking forward to playing the soundtrack for two days to keep myself all hyped and stuff

Red Comet

Oh, damn, I totally forgot about his game. Pre-loading now.

A bit ashamed to admit that I've never beat DS1, so I wonder if I should work on that first.

Just beaten Manus

Now I could go and fight Kalameet but he is really freaking hard. He already hits like a truck so my SL1 can't take even 1 hit from him. He's also really hard to melee too. I could cheese it with lighting bolts from a crossbow but idk.

Levyne

Banned
Kalameet was my favorite fight. Went from not even knowing how to scratch him to taking his weapon and having very little damage done on me. Very much a fight you have to learn.

Small little trick I found that helped a fair bit for me:

One trick that I found was that if he does his aerial lunge towards you, if you strafe left he won't hit you and you'll be close enough to get to him and get hits on him, if you strafe right he will just hit you. Yeah, you can roll, but I always found myself too far away after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom