• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
What the fuck?
It's like the tip of his sword extended his hitbox.

Every clip I've seen of someone attacking a mimick from behind ends badly. I think From just messed up the placement of some of them and didn't really adjust the hitboxes. (most chests don't allow you to get around on the back from what I've seen)

You're lucky it wasn't me.

When I invade someone and find them AFK at a bonfire, I pull out corrosive urns and break all their equipment.

Heeheehee, I'll remember that one.

For the gargoyles, if sorcery is an option, you can soul arrow them to death. Not pretty or quick but it worked for me.

I've been goofing around with dual cestus in Bell Tower PvP. Its been fun, but man that hitbox stuff seems brutal. No idea when I should be dodgeing.

crozier

Duel-wielding swords is pretty badass and all, but I can't help but think that range is pretty critical in this game...be it melee or pew-pewing. I can't beat the second boss to save my life. And yes, I've been farming.

Grief.exe

I'm guessing you can't apply status effects with a bow when you are below the dex requirements?

EDIT: Nope. Grave Wardern and Malkins must be immune.

Duel-wielding swords is pretty badass and all, but I can't help but think that range is pretty critical in this game...be it melee or pew-pewing. I can't beat the second boss to save my life. And yes, I've been farming.

I would imagine dual-wielding is more for experienced players. Sword and board will always be the best while you learn the ropes.

BadWolf

Get a shield and start blocking.

Also start getting accustomed to rolling through enemy attacks.

crozier

I would imagine dual-wielding is more for experienced players. Sword and board will always be the best while you learn the ropes.
Hmm, there is a way to respec...right? I could keep that Heide Knight Sword, then go for a faith/strength build to beef lightning damage?

Apart from bosses, the mobs giving me the most trouble are simple knights when they're equipped with spear and shield. They just sit there blocking and I can't break through.

Hmm, there is a way to respec...right? I could keep that Heide Knight Sword, then go for a faith/strength build to beef lightning damage?

Apart from bosses, the mobs giving me the most trouble are simple knights when they're equipped with spear and shield. They just sit there blocking and I can't break through.

Yes, you can go to the hut at the beggining and use an item to respec.

Vossler

Quick question, is it possible to copy a save from say a laptop to a desktop and resume on that character? ( I do know where the save binaries are located)

Hayabusi

Drangleic Castle doors won't open, the mobs that spawn out of the side door no longer spawn. I'm fucked.

You mean at the
front door? Those where never closed for me, so I was a little bit suprised when I read a guide about this. Thought I missed something...

Sullichin

Thinking of respeccing my STR build to STR/FAI but specifically don't want to make a carbon copy of the few popular builds I keep fighting against.

So I'd be using the STR weapons that have faith bonuses:
Smelter's Sword
Black Knight Ultra Greatsword
Black Knight Greataxe (RIP. I must make this work)
Crypt Blacksword
Defender Greatsword

Thoughts? I'm thinking I wouldn't use any spells at all (none of the above weapons can be buffed right?), just high STR/FTH (probably 40/40) for damage on these weapons.

Ruuppa

Thinking of respeccing my STR build to STR/FAI but specifically don't want to make a carbon copy of the few popular builds I keep fighting against.

So I'd be using the STR weapons that have faith bonuses:
Smelter's Sword
Black Knight Ultra Greatsword
Black Knight Greataxe (RIP. I must make this work)
Crypt Blacksword
Defender Greatsword

Thoughts? I'm thinking I wouldn't use any spells at all (none of the above weapons can be buffed right?), just high STR/FTH (probably 40/40) for damage on these weapons.

Defender Greatsword is great! I started using it a while back on my Cleric, and it kicks all kinds of butt. The built-in Sunlight Blade is a nice added bonus on top of a good moveset. Infuse it with lightning and it's got S in Lightning scaling.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Looks like someone needs more ADP am I right?
4Anu8KR.gif

Haunted

Finally made it to Dragnelic Castle. sure is pretty to look at. So i'm a little confused about the actual plot of the game. Is it ever made clear why were doing what were doing throughout the game...or does it just evolve as you progress? Could someone translate it for me? Thanks!
At the point in the story you're at

nothing has changed from when you talked to the Emerald Herald in Majula for the first time - you're still trying to meet King Vendrick, trying to piece together what has happened to this kingdom in hopes of finding a clue to lift your curse. You have gathered the four great souls necessary to gain entry into the Shrine of Winter leading to Drangleic Castle (where Vendrick was last seen).

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
If you put down your eye sign, they can summon you and you don't lose anything if you lose....you do not get to pick who you fight of course.

Oh yeah, that makes total sense. I was hoping that if I casually mentioned my gripe someone would have a solution that I didn't realize because I'm a goddamn idiot. :)

Thanks!

Grief.exe

I doubt you would need to respec if you are so early in the game. Your build is probably fine.

Haunted

Where do you trade in the Boss souls for weapons exactly?

I've got quite a number of these now. Is it late game?
Increasingly spoiler-y spoilers:

There are two boss soul weaponsmiths in the game.

You'll need Fragrant Branches of Yore to make either of them available.

One can be found in Lost Bastille (top level going towards Sinner's Rise), the other in the Shaded Ruins (falling through some wooden boards in a cave full of basilisks).

The one in the Lost Bastille will stay right there. The one in Shaded Ruins will leave and set up shop on the bottom level of Brightstone Cove Tseldora.

:boo Stormtrooper at just posting unmarked spoilers.

KingKong

Have there been any cool speedruns yet? I've been watching streams but it seems like they're all abusing Resonant Soul which isnt that fun to watch

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Have there been any cool speedruns yet? I've been watching streams but it seems like they're all abusing Resonant Soul which isnt that fun to watch
Speedruns in general aren't going to be about unique style as much as whatever is the most easily available, gets the job done, and can be done quickly. Resonant soul ticks all those boxes.

Here is a 1:29:55 run.

Trying out a powerstance whip build. Two Whips and two Old Whips. It always feels so bad when I get summoned and my damage output is terrible for nearly any boss. I am not looking forward to fighting Belfry Gargoyles with this.

At the point in the story you're at

nothing has changed from when you talked to the Emerald Herald in Majula for the first time - you're still trying to meet King Vendrick, trying to piece together what has happened to this kingdom in hopes of finding a clue to lift your curse. You have gathered the four great souls necessary to gain entry into the Shrine of Winter leading to Drangleic Castle (where Vendrick was last seen).

oh cool. That actually sounds pretty awesome. Thanks.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I wonder if its possible to survive a Mimic bite if you have enough HP. I survived a hippoclops bite grab once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom