• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just use a Lloyds Talisman on them. Risk free mimic looting.

However, From really needs to look into addressing how the game handles canned animations.

I once put what would be about 7 feet in a lateral direction off a spider while it crouched to make the jump onto my head. Somehow it magically appeared there and fucked me up good.

That was my only instance of it REALLY being off, but there have been other somewhat suspicious acts. And fuck arrow tracking.

Haunted

I don't open a chest before I R2 it.
You can tell just by looking, the teeth are visible through the opened lid.
I always hit them once anyway, just to be sure.

Too bad the traps aren't nearly as deadly, they totally would've gotten me a couple times.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Meh. I wanted to put down soapstones to help out with the Belltower and the fog closes behind me the moment I step onto the bridge. :(

I feel you. I also love PvPing in Bellfry, but you have a 50% or above chance of being invaded right after stepping in.

Firebrand

Any tips on how to beat the Luna Belfy boss. They are making me cry.
I came back a bit later for these so I might have been a bit higher level, but I just went with my DS1 tactic... keeping them one side, trying to get a bit of alone time with one, then rushing to the opposite side to get time to drink and hopefully one arrives earlier than the other two.

I can imagine
Fire Storm
or
Chaos Storm
pyromancies work well too.

Man, I wish there were some kind of websites on which people would just give their created characters formulas. Whenever I try to make a male knight, I end up with some kind of a deformed monster looking character and I end up just picking the default ones.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I came back a bit later for these so I might have been a bit higher level, but I just went with my DS1 tactic... keeping them one side, trying to get a bit of alone time with one, then rushing to the opposite side to get time to drink and hopefully one arrives earlier than the other two.

I can imagine
Fire Storm
or
Chaos Storm
pyromancies work well too.

Not as well as you might think, cause the gargoyles animate based on total health bar damage before they do based on time.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Man, I wish there were some kind of websites on which people would just give their created characters formulas. Whenever I try to make a male knight, I end up with some kind of a deformed monster looking character and I end up just picking the default ones.

I usually start with default face and raising hormones to close to max masculine. Age somewhere in the middle of the bar.
Then I adjust the nose size,lower the eyebrows and lift the cheekbones a little and tilt the eyes angle + reduce spacing so they look less asian. The rest is just fine-tuning.

Haly

Avoid tweaking these things:

Nose (generally hard to get right so avoid)
Mouth (lips are okay)
Eyes (aside from color)

The slightest imbalance can cause a face to look out of proportion when viewed from afar.

Other things to alter only slightly
Cheekbones
Cheek fat
Jaws
Brow

Throw a lot of blue into the skin tone if you're darkening it.

ij8dGsqhXr06s.jpg

Booshka

Mouth (lips are okay)
Eyes (aside from color)

The slightest imbalance can cause a face to look out of proportion when viewed from afar.

Cheekbones
Cheek fat
Jaws
Brow

Put in all that work and the best you are gonna get will still look like a Real Doll.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Mayun, on my way through Shaded Ruins now, I felt kind of overleveled at SL80 until I got here, now it's a decent challenge if you're not careful with the enemies :).
I like this just as much as the first, but I dunno if it's because I got gud. It'll be interesting to revisit Lordran afterwards.

What on earth did they do to halberds? First attack isn't guaranteed to do max damage, and sometimes doesn't even when you space yourself just right. Recovery time between attacks is long enough for you to get hit, completely defeating the purpose of the entire halberd class in the first game. It takes huge durability penalties for hitting an enemy after they're already dead. The way the weapon works basically invalidates the two-handed R2 attack. The shielded attack does pathetic damage. I thought it would be fun to use a halberd character after seeing the new moveset, but aside from pure damage output, this is garbage. I'm talking about PVE, so spin to win + lag insanity isn't relevant here.

Mistel

Banned
What on earth did they do to halberds? First attack isn't guaranteed to do max damage, and sometimes doesn't even when you space yourself just right. Recovery time between attacks is long enough for you to get hit, completely defeating the purpose of the entire halberd class in the first game. It takes huge durability penalties for hitting an enemy after they're already dead. The way the weapon works basically invalidates the two-handed R2 attack. The shielded attack does pathetic damage. I thought it would be fun to use a halberd character after seeing the new moveset, but aside from pure damage output, this is garbage. I'm talking about PVE, so spin to win + lag insanity isn't relevant here.
In PvE I've had good success two handing a mastodon halberd myself but that may be due to my copious twirl abuse against anything and everything.
So I've decided to become a dual wielding great sword class.
Try with bastards swords first and see if you like it then you could go to a pair of claymores afterwards.

Sullichin

I feel you. I also love PvPing in Bellfry, but you have a 50% or above chance of being invaded right after stepping in.
You're going there to PVP... But you don't want to get invaded when you step in?
If you're trying to invade there just wait around any multiplayer enabled zone with the ring on (I usually just hang by the first bonfire in Iron Keep) and you'll be summoned.

Put in all that work and the best you are gonna get will still look like a Real Doll.

Change every value one at a time - from top to bottom - in every advanced category. Begin by testing the min and max value of the slider before deciding where to put it. Using this method you can not only create something unique, but also something that you like the look of! This method is guaranteed to satisfy even the choosiest of character creators, though getting your souls back is not guaranteed.

A word of advice, though: if you have a bearded character, adjust it with the beard there for best results. (Just don't ever go hollow, you don't want to know what it looks like then!)

NinjaEdit: Tired of invasions? Play Dark Souls 2 on a Tuesday during Steam's routine downtime! Watch in amazement as you breeze through troublesome areas like the Doors of Pharros or Belfry Luna with ease!

Mistel

Banned
NinjaEdit: Tired of invasions? Play Dark Souls 2 on a Tuesday during Steam's routine downtime! Watch in amazement as you breeze through troublesome areas like the Doors of Pharros or Belfry Luna with ease!
There's some nice friendly phantoms that only spawn when the player is offline just thought you would want to know.

Thrakier

That bullshit area after the mirror knight fight...dudes, please tell me there is a bonfire anywhere in the second area near the 2nd fog. I played like 30 minutes and finally got overwhelmed when 3 magic guys, these dog like figures and two sword fighters go after you out of the blue. Very funny.

Things Betwixt spoilers:
Does the genderswap coffin change anything other than gender? I'd hate to lose all the hard work on my character's face!

Even those at the bottom of the pit?

I don't think I've encountered them. I'll have to check it out next time a Tuesday rolls around.

Mistel

Banned
Things Betwixt spoilers:
Does the genderswap coffin change anything other than gender? I'd hate to lose all the hard work on my character's face!

I don't think I've encountered them. I'll have to check it out next time a Tuesday rolls around.
Nope it just swaps your gender. They are there till killed on NG+.

UrbanRats

Have you not tried the Gyrm great hammer it is divine.
I did.
Settled for the Great Club mostly because of fashion souls' reasonings (it looked better with the character i was making at the time.

Mouth (lips are okay)
Eyes (aside from color)

Cheekbones
Cheek fat
Jaws
Brow

Noooo, nose and eyes are where you want to spend most of your time with, they are easy to fuck up, sure, but they give the most personality!

Here's 3 characters i created so far:
iofQePBuGCZVs.png

i126Y1wB3mcIy.png

ibmlAnfKpT6d7.png

Last one has the fatty body.
Spent about 20 minutes on each.

Had another one (a black woman) but got the wrong gift and was incredibly frustrated by the idea of trying to recreate her.
Also another duder, but erased that save too.

PC

I nearly forgot (or I did forget, I suppose) always check out your character from the sides before confirming. You don't want to mistakenly have a sunken chin or two-mile nose. Cheeks, nose, and chin can be pretty tricky.

NinjaEdit: I guess we had all best prepare for the merge by appending "PC" to the top and bottom of our posts to prevent any unfortunate mishaps when the threads are merged.

PC

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I did.
Settled for the Great Club mostly because of fashion souls' reasonings (it looked better with the character i was making at the time.

Noooo, nose and eyes are where you want to spend most of your time with, they are easy to fuck up, sure, but they give the most personality!

Here's 3 characters i created so far:
iofQePBuGCZVs.png

i126Y1wB3mcIy.png

ibmlAnfKpT6d7.png

Last one has the fatty body.
Spent about 20 minutes on each.

Had another one (a black woman) but got the wrong gift and was incredibly frustrated by the idea of trying to recreate her.
Also another duder, but erased that save too.

Well if we've moved on from fashion souls to genetic souls, here's my 3 bland dudes.

14208102163_56bb2c6cd8_o.png

14187930734_d36e5b9f6d_o.png

14164811556_1ab50dd963_o.png

Haly

Tywin, Jon Snuh and...???

I don't know I don't watch enough Game of Thrones to be able to attach names to faces.

BadTaste

Do ANY enemies spawn there? I've opened it by killing the big elephant dude near the door.

Worked thanks.

I'm like level ~190 and have been dual wielding a sword & mace this whole time. I recently found a Lance and the change is good, it hits hard and is fun to use. feelsgood

AJLma

Champions Covenant on NG+ feels like the way this game was meant to be played.

Constant red & blue invasions, enemies that are as dangerous to you as you are to them. I'm really enjoying playing through the game feeling like I need to be ready for anything at any time.

After beating the game I was ready to hand the crown to DS1 but now that I'm seeing all of the new features and additions of DS2 on display with no restraints, I'm having a LOT more fun with the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom