• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinjica

Are you forced to play online with the steam version? Like is there any button that is 'I don't want to connect to the server right now'. I want my first play through to be just me vs dark souls and I don't really want to unplug my computer from the Internet.

Dont worry, invasions are really rare in DkS2

Parsnip

Mail didn't deliver my receiver today, crap.
Looks like my gamepad options are DS3, slightly damaged Rumblepad2 and old ass DS2.
Old ass DS2 is probably out. Rumblepad has a slight problem with the left stick, but I think I'll take that over a shitty DS3 any day.

Tak3n

Banned
I'm still worried that they're not legit. £20 seems too low of a price.

They are my go to website for keys, I rate them only second to Amazon.... never had a single problem

you can phone them, live chat them etc, the one time I called them about a order they instantly refunded me on the phone...

they are excellent

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
reposting from steam thread but:

did anyone buy DS2 on GMG? if so, can you log in to GMG, go to DS2 page and see if you can buy another copy

usually with games you already own there is a "you already own this, buy another copy" button but Im not getting it with DS2. I want to know if its just me, I contacted support and they told me to do a bunch of useless shit like clearing my cookies, trying Chrome, etc, none of which worked, so if they are giving me possible solutions, I have to assume you are indeed supposed to be able to buy multiple copies of it.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
If you want to respec it only brings you back to your starting class stats. If you want to play a bunch of different builds on one character deprived is your best bet. I picked bandit and wanted to respec to caster but I had a bunch of wasted points that bothered me enough to make a whole new character for it instead of respeccing.
Ah, forgot about respec in this game. Probably going to go with Swordsman for a DEX melee build with a bow on the side when needed.

A bow can be purchased very early in the game
Blacksmith in Majula sells the short bow
, you just need to level up your stats to use it.

Sweet. I love starting off as Deprived, but at the same time I ALSO love using -just- a bow throughout the game. Glad to see I can do both!

Arkanius

I find it disturbing that I have to keep avoiding minefields in this thread.
Don't spoil the experience for us that are playing DS2 for the first time.

erawsd

reposting from steam thread but:

did anyone buy DS2 on GMG? if so, can you log in to GMG, go to DS2 page and see if you can buy another copy

usually with games you already own there is a "you already own this, buy another copy" button but Im not getting it with DS2. I want to know if its just me, I contacted support and they told me to do a bunch of useless shit like clearing my cookies, trying Chrome, etc, none of which worked, so if they are giving me possible solutions, I have to assume you are indeed supposed to be able to buy multiple copies of it.

Doesn't work for me either. Seems like you can get around it if you logout, add th game to your cart, and then log back in.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Doesn't work for me either. Seems like you can get around it if you logout, add th game to your cart, and then log back in.

nope that doesnt work either I tried, you eventually have to log in during the process anyway and then it bugs out and tells you to remove the items from the cart. but thanks for checking, someone on the steam thread also couldnt, so its deffinately on their end

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys, I'm EU. Where do I buy the game (digitally) cheap as fuck?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Nuuvem might be cheaper than GMG for you.
€28 seems nice. Any "guide" how to buy from Nuuvem? Any downside to it btw? Is it a reliable site? Will I get the CD-key day one? Is it connected with Steam?

Zafir

They're legit they just buy games for cheaper from other countries, that's why they're cheaper. I wouldn't worry. :)

If they were UK copies they wouldn't have had them till next week since they get codes out of retail copies.
€28 seems nice. Any "guide" how to buy from Nuuvem? Any downside to it btw? Is it a reliable site? Will I get the CD-key day one? Is it connected with Steam?
Just use chrome to auto translate, and use PayPal to pay. You may have to put in a Brazilian address when you register to the site but I didn't have to when I registered a while back.

They already have the keys so you'll get it straight away after buying. It's an authorised Brazilian key seller.

mannerbot

It's a reputable site and Dark Souls 2 is Steamworks. I haven't used the site myself but I'm pretty sure you just checkout with PayPal and it's simple.

kionedrik

I bought my copy from them and activated without a problem and the game is already pre-loaded. I think their DS2 keys are only locked to Japan, so if you're in EU, like me, you'll have no problem with them.

Yoshichan

Ok buying it from Nuuvern. I'm at this part where I can put in a discount code, are there any out there?

Yoshichan

One last question, I want to add funds to Paypal so they get my money instantly. Does it take time to transfer cash to Paypal?

Vitor711

Never had an issue with them. I've also used SimplyGames, their retail branch, plenty of times before for boxed console releases.

No need to worry - it's all legit.

EDIT: Any suggestions for the best starting class when it comes to going a endurance-heavy build? That's always how I've played these games so am curious. Usually a cross between that and Dex.

Rootbeer

Banned
GMG 25% off code worked for me. Thanks! the code they sent me via e-mail was only a 20% off code. Nice to save a bit more.

Hope it runs fine on my i7 920 with GTX 570 SC and 6GB of ram. Yeah, need a new pc soon

Yoshichan

Hope it runs fine on my i7 920 with GTX 570 SC and 6GB of ram. Yeah, need a new pc soon
Fuck me... I didn't even think of that... I just assumed that I'll be able to run the game at 1080p@60fps without thinking of my specs... and the money-transfer has already been made -_- (also, I suck at these things... OP just confuses me).

I'll just copy and paste this crap and you guys tell me :/

CPU: Intel i5 750 @ 2.67GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Geforce GTX 560 Ti

edit: ugh, just saw a GTX 750 (the "recommended" in this game) vs 560ti comparison... am I fucked?

Fuck me... I didn't even think of that... I just assumed that I'll be able to run the game at 1080p@60fps without thinking of my specs... and the money-transfer has already been made -_- (also, I suck at these things... OP just confuses me).

I'll just copy and paste this crap and you guys tell me :/

CPU: Intel i5 750 @ 2.67GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Geforce GTX 560 Ti

edit: ugh, just saw a GTX 750 (the "recommended" in this game) vs 560ti comparison... am I fucked?

i have almost same specs, yeah it run fine, until you are planning to play on 4K screen

Yoshichan

i have almost same specs, yeah it run fine, until you are planning to play on 4K screen
4K not gonna be happening... "fine" as in 60fps@1080p fine? I don't really care about how the game looks, will it be able to run at medium?

Yoshichan

Oh hell yes! Thanks guys. Can't believe I forgot that you needed specs in order to play games :lol

Cerity

Oh hell yes! Thanks guys. Can't believe I forgot that you needed specs in order to play games :lol

pc gaming hasn't really been pushing much of anything recently to worry about specs IMO. I'm still happily sitting on my 6950. If you built something decent within the last 2-3 years and are playing at 1080p I really wouldn't be worried in most cases.

I'm happy to see that DS2 has a windowed mode option, but does anyone know if it also has native borderless fullscreen? Or failing that, that it at least works with one of the many borderless fullscreen utilities out there?

Reposting for the new page. I know I probably shouldn't worry (especially with Durante dropping certain hints earlier) but today I tried to run Red Orchestra 2 in borderless fullscreen and it just wouldn't have it. The title bar of the window kept wanting to be on screen at all times.

Hypron

I find it weird that people are worrying about running the game on stuff like GTX560Ti's. The game isn't a graphical powerhouse by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom