• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
pc gaming hasn't really been pushing much of anything recently to worry about specs IMO. I'm still happily sitting on my 6950. If you built something decent within the last 2-3 years and are playing at 1080p I really wouldn't be worried in most cases.

Especially considering the fact that this game basically looks like a step up from the console version, it isn't a Crysis by any stretch of the imagination.

Zafir

I find it weird that people are worrying about running the game on stuff like GTX560Ti's. The game isn't a graphical powerhouse by any means.
Yeah I was thinking this, unless it's rather unoptimised which I wouldn't be too surprised about.

Parry the first strike.

Works 90% of the time.

Also, 10 humanity + Covetous Gold Serpent Ring. BKWs and chunks raining from the heavens for all eternity.

Parry is your best friend.

It also works amazingly well to use a potion as soon as he knocks you down and then immediately parry. The timing is such that the parry will happen usually just as he attacks.

If all else fails, parry cheese him. Took me 2 tries.

Bring Solaire if you saved him, makes the battle insanely easy.

Parry his opening jumping attack with a good weapon and you will take off almost a quarter of his health. I found flash sweat helped too.

Gwyn is really a walk in the part if you beat the DLC, IMO.

Thanks for all the help guys! Haha I ended up taking awhile to beat him. Made my post at 1 AM and it is now 7 AM here. I didn't do the dlc so that's probably why I had such a tough time. I also didn't parry much throughout the whole game so I had to get used to it. Really didn't think he was going to be so tough for me.

yatesl

I had Solaire with me the first time and beat him first try.

NG+ though was a different story. I ended up fully decked in Havel's with a +5 Black Knight Shield. Even then the fight took almost 10 minutes.

Fuck me... I didn't even think of that... I just assumed that I'll be able to run the game at 1080p@60fps without thinking of my specs... and the money-transfer has already been made -_- (also, I suck at these things... OP just confuses me).

I'll just copy and paste this crap and you guys tell me :/

CPU: Intel i5 750 @ 2.67GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Geforce GTX 560 Ti

edit: ugh, just saw a GTX 750 (the "recommended" in this game) vs 560ti comparison... am I fucked?

Dude 560 Ti's are still ballin'. If i can run DS with massive downsampling through DSfix and still get 60fps on one, i reckon it will rock DS2 pretty hard

Durante

Anyone know if there will be separate reviews for PC version?
I believe the review NDA is set at release.

I don't really see the point of PC specific reviews though. If you want to know about the game, read console reviews. If you want to know about the technical aspects of the PC port, read my article :p

I believe the review NDA is set at release.

I don't really see the point of PC specific reviews though. If you want to know about the game, read console reviews. If you want to know about the technical aspects of the PC port, read my article :p

Didn't you have a third article coming? Was that posted up yet?

Looking forward for the CASULties and invasion and black phantoms and... dunno, no idea if there is anything similar to Gravelordin'. Had some very nasty surprises with that in DS, heh.

It's coming. Dawn of the final day etc.
(I wrote from 6 in the evening until 2 in the morning or so yesterday)

Sweeeeeeeeet! Looking forward for that one!

I'm still very curious about what you may find later in the game regarding light inconsistencies and glitches that may give away what's going on that field... Seems the Mirror Knight could be an interesting turning point. Hoping someone will bring footage of that one! (The mirror being black as if it's lacking specular/reflection maps was a clear indicator that something was going on.)

Ive been on to cdkeys.com. I got my key. Im sure theyre giving out the keys backwards or randomly. All my friends who ordered a week or so after me got theirs before me.

Also if you didn't make an account and ordered with express PayPal get in contact with them. Me and a friend both did the same and instantly got our keys.

Got this pre-loaded. My body is ready, and so is Fraps.

https://twitter.com/cdkeyscom/status/459261676282712064

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I am also awaiting my key!

Also just bought some sweet new upgrades for my PC, ready for the weekend as I realized my PC is quite out dated now.

Can anyone make one of those countdown-thingies?

Got my code from Nuuvem a few days ago and game is preloaded and ready.

Praising_Intensifies.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hate the fact that the bank takes 1-2 business days to transfer cash to my paypal :(

Garcia

Holy shit, it's almost here.
t1398376800z1.png

I can't believe I'm excited for it when I've already completed one run of the game, lol.

Can't believe this is nearly here, well, when simplycdkeys get their arse in gear. Seems so long since the announcement.

Umbassa motherfuckers.

EDIT - Irony, my key arrives as I click post. Woo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom