• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitor711

Agility is a stat that increases the speed of drinking estus, raising your shield and adds invincibility frames to your dodge rolls. I don't know if it does something to attack speed, but it seems that it's not the case.

Apparently it does nothing for invincibility frames. People still aren't sure what Agility does exactly - at least that's what I've heard.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I always thought bank transfers in Paypal were instant, on-demand things. Or does it only work that way if you have a credit card as the backup funding source.

As I understand it, sending money to another consumer PayPal account is instant regardless of the funding source when it's sent as a gift (family/friends), but sending money as payment for goods/services when using a backup source is considered an "e-cheque", which can take up to a few days to clear.

Edit: Fumbled a bit there. Fixed.

Zafir

As I understand it, sending money to another consumer PayPal account is instant regardless of the funding source when sent as a gift (family/friends), but sending money as payment for goods/services when using a bank account is considered an "e-cheque", which can take up to a few days to clear.
That's true, but usually you still get the goods despite the fact it can take a few days to withdraw. It could be because if having a backup source though. They may not want the risk of 'lending' with only one funding source.
Where is the cheapest place to buy the game?

In the UK.
Nuuvem, you'll need to use PayPal though. Activates without issue, that's where I got it from.
Okay, cool. That is damn cheap. I'm in the USA. I've aleady bought DSII on GMG using the 25% code (quite a deal IMO, but still roughly $5 more than what simply had it for)... do their steam codes redeem on a USA Steam account without problems?
Yeah, they only had region locking for Japan. So you could use them anywhere outside of Japan.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Okay, cool. That is damn cheap. I'm in the USA. I've aleady bought DSII on GMG using the 25% code (quite a deal IMO, but still roughly $5 more than what simply had it for)... do their steam codes redeem on a USA Steam account without problems?

Dark Souls 2 pre-order keys are only region-locked for those in Japan.

That's true, but usually you still get the goods despite the fact it can take a few days to withdraw. It could be because if having a backup source though. They may not want the risk of 'lending' with only one funding source.

Yeah, I fixed my post up a bit. In my experience the "e-cheque" thing comes into play when you elect to use your backup source in merchant transactions.

8 more hours nghhhh

2572257-2621321384-tumsx4d.gif

Is the Gravelord Sword in the game? I don't suppose so? Anything similar for a strength/str+dex build you can get reasonably early on in the game? I'm looking for a sword because clubs, axes and other inferior weapons are, in all honesty, too barbaric for my elegant style of fighting, but I don't wanna use a fast dex based sword, at least not in my first playthrough.

greenfish

Banned
If I buy it on nuuvem will I get keys INSTANTLY?

GMG can go f themselfs. I've been a customer for years, until they f over european customers.

Arjen

Is the Gravelord Sword in the game? I don't suppose so? Anything similar for a strength/str+dex build you can get reasonably early on in the game? I'm looking for a sword because clubs, axes and other inferior weapons are, in all honesty, too barbaric for my elegant style of fighting, but I don't wanna use a fast dex based sword, at least not in my first playthrough.

no gravelord sword unfortunatly,you could try the bastard sword, served me well in my first run, you get it pretty early

Facism

strike weaponry is king.

I'm of two minds about getting angry at digital stores. On one hand, how hard is it to process and deliver keys digitally.. but at the same time getting mad won't achieve anything. Just take your business elsewhere if you're unhappy.

Onto my question. Does the spoiler free dark souls guide (as seen on /vg/ et al) apply to Dark Souls II? Or is there an updated equivalent? link: https://i.minus.com/jlV5HsOyNaCsx.jpg

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I had a dream last night that I contacted Steam support and said "When does Dark Souls II activate?" and he said "Oh did it not activate i'll do that for you right now" and I was able to get into the game like 8 hours early.

I woke up with the biggest smile.

no gravelord sword unfortunatly,you could try the bastard sword, served me well in my first run, you get it pretty early
Thank you, I'll keep my eyes open for that one!

edit: are upgrading items any easier to get hold of this time around? I'd love to experiment with various weapons throughout the game... It'd be great if we could actually undo upgrades and get the titanite back for use on other weapons.

I'm of two minds about getting angry at digital stores. On one hand, how hard is it to process and deliver keys digitally.. but at the same time getting mad won't achieve anything. Just take your business elsewhere if you're unhappy.

Just rant on Twitter like I do. Seems to get stuff sorted quickly when its public :D

Zafir

Jeezo, that works out at £211.44 for a 27" ips, if I was not holding out for g-sync I would be all over this.
Yeah I got one like that(slightly better model) earlier in the year and it cost me £250, with only £18 import tax. Great buy if your looking for a cheap 1440p which has a good quality panel without the fluff/extras.

milena87

I guess I won't be able to play until Saturday at this rate. The preload just finished downloading the first 4gb. It took my awesome internet connection 2 days.

Just checked my email, got my key from SimplyCDKeys, so I guess they've started sending them out. I'm preloading now - more than enough time for it to be ready once it unlocks.

PRAISE THE SUN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom