• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe I chose to buy this through Direct 2 Play. I made that same mistake with Stick of Truth, and didn't get the key until like a week after it came out. They promised these keys would release early, and now they're saying about 6 hours from now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
if you are on the VPN then yes (especially the free ones) if you have turned off the VPN and your speeds have not returned a quick restart of your router should suffice
Will it affect the other computers in the same network or only mine?

Havel

The Nvidia Inspector settings Durante gave are not really working for me. The HBAO+ isn't working at all, and his SGSSAA flag blurs the image by a decent amount.

Alright, I unlocked it via japanese VPN. However it couldn't connect to network ingame. Any risk of being banned or something if I start playing now withoit VPN, if I can connect online that is.

my update said 4 hours with the first JPN VPN as well. I tried another VPN further down the list and everything went quickly.

playing now. dat full 60fps...*drool*

The_Monk

Oh my Buddha.

My good GAFfers, I don't think I ever asked this, but... can I get the biggest, warmest, great hug or the highest of fives, please? In .gif form or any other form is fine!

Because:

oL5YDiQ.png

...Things just got REAL. HYPE is here, Coffee is done. Please let me join the Party with you all, fine people!

jup, same here, worked like a charm with the first dark souls

What kind of controller are you using? Mine is a Logitech, so I thought at first that maybe the game just didn't like non-XInput devices, but I still seem to get the same issues when trying to run the game with x360ce.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh my Buddha.

My good GAFfers, I don't think I ever asked this, but... can I get the biggest, warmest, great hug or the highest of fives, please? In .gif form or any other form is fine!
You deserve MORE than a hug or a high-five! YOU MAY HAVE A YOSHI-LICK!

sTxYIEy.jpg

Grief.exe

Oh my Buddha.

Because:

oL5YDiQ.png

...Things just got REAL. HYPE is here, Coffee is done. Please let me join the Party with you all, fine people!

I hope you enjoy yourself Monk!

feel

Decided to rush home and started the unpacking with the vpn (thanks for the guide JaseC!), just to do the visual tweaking and troubleshooting now so I can start playing the actual game without delays when I get home tonight after work.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, to reiterate what a few have already said: you don't need to keep the VPN enabled once a download has started. You can kill it to speed things up.

Alright, I unlocked it via japanese VPN. However it couldn't connect to network ingame. Any risk of being banned or something if I start playing now withoit VPN, if I can connect online that is.

If you disable the VPN once you've booted the game your status will/may revert back to "Online" and this can cause issues with achievement triggers.

AmyS

A modest PC of 2016 is probably going to be more powerful than a PS5.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Yeah.

I stand corrected. Let me rephrase what I really meant.

A pretty low-end PC of late 2015 or early 2016 standards, nowhere near a midrange 2016 gaming PC.

PS5 probably won't arrive til fall 2019.

Gbraga

Durante, Father of the Abyss, save us from this age of fire, where gods are the ones to dictate our resolutions. Let the age of men begin.

Yoshichan

YES! YES!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

60fps@1080p... this is what I wanted from start... oh my God, ZERO lag in controls, now it feels identical to Demon's Souls (I know that game wasn't 60fps but the controls were tight as fuck). YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
I unlocked via VPN and have been playing in steam offline mode. The 79 minutes I played flew by and I've loved it so far.
Souls in 60 FPS is fantastic and I think the graphics are great.

Good luck to those trying to play early!

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I gotta say, SweetFX makes the game look SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO better that i dare say its almost obligatory to use it for a unique Souls experience.

The_Monk

You deserve MORE than a hug or a high-five! YOU MAY HAVE A YOSHI-LICK!

sTxYIEy.jpg

This is the most amazing compliment any GAFfer could ever get from my good man Yoshi! Hype!

I hope you enjoy yourself Monk!

Will do, thanks Grief. I might need some help since I don't know if I can put everything on the most decent settings since as most of you know, my upgrade was not a big one but I'm happy with it. I'm not going to bother people regarding this since I'm really amateur when it comes to tinkering with settings and I don't want to waste people's time with this issue. I'll be testing and learning step by step... :)

xBladeM6x

I keep hearing about SweetFX, but I've never used it. Can someone link to me what Dark Souls 2 looks like with it, and exactly how you implement it?

Blinck

Oh my Buddha.

Because:

oL5YDiQ.png

509aea630604f6ff74b077b94c9ae708-how-i-met-your-mother-high-five.gif

4 hours until the Praisin' begins!!!

AmyS

I have my doubts that we will be seeing any console version of a Souls game running at 60fps unless it's ports of the PS3/360 games to the PS4/Xbone. You're not taking graphical escalation into account. With better hardware they will want to do more demanding graphical effects, which will in turn most likely push whatever console they develop for more and so far From Software haven't exactly been shown to be technical wizards in the slightest.

Well, I'm not talking about a PS4 game with a state of the art graphics engine. I just meant a decent engine that includes the things FROM had to cut from DSII that was too much for PS3/360 to run at 720p | 30fps.

Certainly PS4 could run something like an upgraded version of what FROM originally intended for DSII in 2013, on PS4 at 1080p | 60, and 720p | 60 on XBone by the end of 2016 or early 2017 (when the console userbases will be much bigger).

Not expecting any technical wizardry from FROM, not by any stretch, just a 'Souls game that looks and runs good visually, not expecting anything amazing.

Hopefully that is not asking too much for the next game.

Then again, if it has to be 30fps on PS4/XBone, so be it.

Parsnip

So that would be how he is getting 8K shots.

I wonder if that application would work in games like Call of Cthulhu, where the renderer is stuck in 4:3 and any 16:9 resolution ends up stretched. Or Metal Gear Rising, where the game won't go above 1080p resolutions due to the UI.

Based on the Witcher 2 config image, it seems like it fools the game to think that higher resolutions are available, acting as kind of a layer between OS and the game. So in theory it would work in any game that support arbitrary resolutions.
That would make guess that it wouldn't make a difference in Revengeance and it's locked down resolution.

But who knows, I'm no expert. :p

Feltrol

Banned
Oh my Buddha.

Because:

oL5YDiQ.png

tumblr_loemmfj6yc1qgvcls.gif

Prepare to die.

d00d3n

Try forcing SLI through Inspector by using the Dark Souls 1 SLI bit, see how far that gets you.

This actually worked. Now running the previously mentioned x8 SGSSAA at 60 fps in the intro area.

Use these settings: (quoted from other user)
Sorryguys, I thought I mentioned it and must not have.

I use Nvidia Inspector and create a profile for Dark Souls

I then select these compatibility bits for SLI 0x02506405 (the non-Dx10+ category)

I then select these options under SLI
capturejwstm.png

Don't forget to add the data.exe to this profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom