• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenfish

Banned
No problems with AMD here.

Hate it when warmongers spread false information. Just becaus it's not working for you does not mean the game is incompatible for everyone else.

Sullichin

Thanks, solved my issue completely. Had a bluetooth usb stick connected to be able to play dolphin and didn't know it could lead to issues in games.

DS2 might be like Dark Souls in that it supports DirectInput and Xinput controllers (but provides no button mapping). Having a Dinput controller plugged in just messes everything up.

No problems with AMD here.

Hate it when warmongers spread false information. Just becaus it's not working for you does not mean the game is incompatible for everyone else.

Indeed, certianly not an AMD specific thing. HD7950, 1080p and 60fps max settings with no tweaking or frustration whatsoever. Runs incredibly well. The crashes seem like a VPN thing or an offline mode thing. Hopefully, anyway.

AmyS

I cannot wait to see what Dark Souls III, or a Demon's Souls II, or perhaps an all-new game with a new name in the 'Souls series can be like in say, late 2016 on PlayStation 4 - Native 1080p, locked 60 FPS plus
FROM Dynamic Lighting & Shadows TM
, current gen levels of geometry detail, DX11-class shaders (meaning & post processing effects etc.

In otherwords, a 'Souls game built for the new current-gen consoles PS4, XBone.

A PC version soon follows, can crank everything upto Ultra, and has 4K resolution option out of the box, and again, runs very well on modest PCs of 2016.

Garcia

This is going to be veeery Off-topic but holy shit, NIER's OST is amazing. I haven't played the game, yet. Listening to it while I do some programming right now. Sorry for the small derail, LOL.

Back on topic: Are you already playing the game? Wish I could! I have to wait until I get home, lol.

Phinor

Shit, VPN shenanigans going on (while I'm not at home) and talk of crashes everywhere, why couldn't this go smoothly and on schedule.

Well usually those that have no issues play the game and ignore the forums. I'm only here to google a bit about classes before going back. Currently in character creation, no issues so far (apart from Steam mobile client overriding VPN but that's what you get for using VPN).

mileS

90% of the time when people talk about AMD card problems I never seem to run into them. Maybe because I have the older 5850 and run on older drivers? I don't know. I'm sure everything will be fine.

Grief.exe

I cannot wait to see what Dark Souls III, or a Demon's Souls II, or perhaps an all-new game with a new name in the 'Souls series can be like in say, late 2016 on PlayStation 4 - Native 1080p, locked 60 FPS plus
, current gen levels of geometry detail, DX11-class shaders (meaning & post processing effects etc.

A PC version soon follows, can crank everything upto Ultra, and has 4K resolution option out of the box, and again, runs very well on modest PCs of 2016.

A modest PC of 2016 is probably going to be more powerful than a PS5.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Moff

seriously, had anyone found the option to turn on the gamepad?
my game is set for mouse/kb control and when I use my gamepad the right analog sticks controls attacks instead of the camera, its driving me nuts here

Sullichin

90% of the time when people talk about AMD card problems I never seem to run into them. Maybe because I have the older 5850 and run on older drivers? I don't know. I'm sure everything will be fine.

It's just that the first couple of people who had the crash here happened to be AMD users so the assumption was it had something to do with that. Then Nvidia users reported the same problem. And it's working fine for other AMD users.

seriously, had anyone found the option to turn on the gamepad?
my game is set for mouse/kb control and when I use my gamepad the right analog sticks controls attacks instead of the camera, its driving me nuts here

Make sure no other controllers are plugged in and that you don't have some other program like X360ce running. Unplug the controller, plug it in and then restart Steam / DSII

Ok, I guess I have some kind of bug then. Anyone else having issues with the standard 360 gamepad? Mine is completely "locked down" when I go into the game, but weirdly the 360 button ui is still showing.

My controller seems to work fine, save for the fact that the game seems to completely fail to register any movement of the right stick.

Thanks, solved my issue completely. Had a bluetooth usb stick connected to be able to play dolphin and didn't know it could lead to issues in games.

You can also disable/re-enable this stuff in windows device manager.

Amazing. Cannot believe we still have to do this, when other JP games like MGR:R and Binary Domain don't have this problem.

Lusankya

Argh, I won't get the game until monday. Why did I order a stupid physical copy of this game in the first place? :(
Because I had a 30€ coupon...

0KG51PQ.gif

Moff

It's just that the first couple of people who had the crash here happened to be AMD users so the assumption was it had something to do with that. Then Nvidia users reported the same problem. And it's working fine for other AMD users.

Make sure no other controllers are plugged in and that you don't have some other program like X360ce running. Unplug the controller, plug it in and then restart Steam / DSII
nope, i still use lifegems and attack when I move the right analogue stick

well, got no one to blame but myself, i knew I shouldnt buy a from software game on launch, but I got weak today.
looks like I'll have to wait until the give us a manual option to turn on gamepad support.

Cincaid

I've never used the Nvidia Inspector before, but can I set up the DS2 profile before even launching the game for the first time? Still 5 hours until it unlocks for me (don't want to use VPN). :D

d00d3n

Did some fraps benchmarking in the intro area. With everything maxed, at 1080 and with the nvidia inspector settings from durante, the game runs 60fps without drops. If you increase SGSSAA to x8 (from x4), the fps drops to 40-50 regularly. This is with 3570k@4.4, 8Gb ram, geforce 780 sli (one of them not used ofc), and win7.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Where? And are you sure he took it or was it the Large Pixel Collider on PC Gamer?

If he took and posted an 8K shot, could mean great things for the potential of DS2Fix.

Knowing who Durante is, it's reasonable that he could have the ability to do things the general population can't. I'm excited to see article 3.

nope, i still use lifegems and attack when I move the right analogue stick

well, got no one to blame but myself, i knew I shouldnt buy a from software game on launch, but I got weak today.
looks like I'll have to wait until the give us a manual option to turn on gamepad support.

Ah, I'm having the same issue. So annoying.

Ironically, my controller worked fine with the first Dark Souls with no need to run any external programs or otherwise configure it.

zma1013

I have my doubts that we will be seeing any console version of a Souls game running at 60fps unless it's ports of the PS3/360 games to the PS4/Xbone. You're not taking graphical escalation into account. With better hardware they will want to do more demanding graphical effects, which will in turn most likely push whatever console they develop for more and so far From Software haven't exactly been shown to be technical wizards in the slightest.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hmm, changed the VPN and Internet is super slow now: that's normal right?

Grief.exe

Did some fraps benchmarking in the intro area. With everything maxed, at 1080 and with the nvidia inspector settings from durante, the game runs 60fps without drops. If you increase SGSSAA to x8 (from x4), the fps drops to 40-50 regularly. This is with 3570k@4.4, 8Gb ram, geforce 780 sli (one of them not used ofc), and win7.

Try forcing SLI through Inspector by using the Dark Souls 1 SLI bit, see how far that gets you.

Thanks for this, now I don't have to test it myself. SGSSAA x4 it is.

Vaporak

Unlocked via VPN and using an AMD card, works here. Got a rendering bug though, objects in front of the sky boxes have a colored outline based on what location it is. Betwixt had blue, and Majula orange. I haven't bothered to update drivers in a while so I'm going to do that and mess with GPU settings to see if it's something there.

Aesthet1c

I did the VPN to unlock it, but I can't get my DS4 to work.

Anyone had any success using the DS4? I'm using the DS4 Xinput Mapper 1.2.

It's taking foreeeveeeeeeeeeeeeeer to download the update via VPN (5 hours). Is it possible to download it via normal connection?

Download it normally (without VPN) and then use the VPN to unlock and download the update. Don't use the VPN to download the entire game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom