• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jin

Thanks, that's good to know. I would hate to come home and fiddle with the controller settings and stuff.

Grief.exe

I have a USB cable, but the lights on the controller kept flashing when plugged into my PC.

Have you bothered to install anything? Or did you just plug it in?

Has anyone got their DS4 to work? It works for other games like FFXIV, but I can't get it to work for DS2.

Yes multiple people have gotten the DS4 to work. Ironically, two had just posted how well it was working above your first post.

I caved and went VPN. I hope Gaben doesn't delete all my 600 games on Steam :(

You are more than fine. There has never been issues with circumventing release dates using VPN.

You are a paying customer after all.

Moaradin

Yes multiple people have gotten the DS4 to work. Ironically, two had just posted how well it was working above your first post.

All the post I see are talking about DS3, not DS4. I confirmed that the controller is actually working on my computer. Dark Souls 2 just isn't detecting it for some reason. I'm using DS4Tool.

Parsnip

You guys are going to learn a lot more about GeDoSaTo and Dark Souls 2 soon. Be ready.

It's weird but I'm almost more excited about the "Generic texture overriding for all textures loaded using D3DX" feature than downsampling. Texmod needs a replacement badly.

masterkajo

All the post I see are talking about DS3, not DS4. I confirmed that the controller is actually working on my computer. Dark Souls 2 just isn't detecting it for some reason. I'm using DS4Tool.

Make sure to check the "hide DS4 controller" to ensure only an emulated XBox 360 controller. To do this correctly you have to close all programs that have access to the controller beforehand and then start them afterwards so they will recognise it.

Sullichin

Has anyone got their DS4 to work? It works for other games like FFXIV, but I can't get it to work for DS2.

Yes DS4 works fine with the Xinput wrapper. Make sure you start that before launching Steam and the game. Select "hide DS4 controller" if you're having problems, and disconnect anything else that might be detected as a controller.

mario_O

So, I can run this perfectly on my monitor. But if I switch to my plasma TV and try to run it it crashes on start up. Managed to trick it by dragging the windowed version of the game from the monitor to the TV and then switching to full screen however, that's a little annoying. Running on a 550ti and both at 1080p. Anyone in a similar situation?

Bizzare, I have the same problem I can't run it on my plasma and I don't have a monitor, but I did manage to get it to work with my Oculus Rift O_O.

Grief.exe

And there were a couple more right above you discussing their use of DS4

sEh1VQZ.png

Make sure you have the latest version (1.3), make sure you followed the readme correctly by installing the included drivers, and make sure you turn off the directinput version by selecting the hide DS4 option.

Restarting the computer also helps.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon sent me a mail saying the game can now be downloaded/the key will be shown, since they processed the payment.

Alas, nothing to see, no download, no key, nothing.

I'll never preorder/buy digital on Amazon again I guess :/ Pretty disappointed, not what I expected.

Sullichin

Amazon sent me a mail saying the game can now be downloaded/the key will be shown, since they processed the payment.

Alas, nothing to see, no download, no key, nothing.

I'll never preorder/buy digital on Amazon again I guess :/ Pretty disappointed, not what I expected.

Did you go to your digital game library on Amazon? The code might not be in the email itself

Jito

Banned
Anyone else stuck sprinting everywhere without holding sprint? There's an icon of a guy running below my health. On 360 controller.

Moaradin

Yes DS4 works fine with the Xinput wrapper. Make sure you start that before launching Steam and the game. Select "hide DS4 controller" if you're having problems, and disconnect anything else that might be detected as a controller.

Make sure to check the "hide DS4 controller" to ensure only an emulated XBox 360 controller. To do this correctly you have to close all programs that have access to the controller beforehand and then start them afterwards so they will recognise it.

Make sure you have the latest version (1.3), make sure you followed the readme correctly by installing the included drivers, and make sure you turn off the directinput version by selecting the hide DS4 option.

Restarting the computer also helps.

That was it, thanks.

Gbraga

Anyone else stuck sprinting everywhere without holding sprint? There's an icon of a guy running below my health. On 360 controller.

There is (or at least was in the pre-release press build) a keyboard toggle for this, maybe you hit something on accident?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
The only "bad" thing about PC version so far is that goddamn mouse cursor that appears everytime you loot something or open any menu.

Durante pls

Durante

With the way stamina and sprinting work in DS2 I don't see what a sprint toggle would be good for.
I'm more talking about the general idea of providing the option to use keyboard toggles for things bound to press and hold on gamepads. It's a good thing (TM).

Mkilbride

Banned
Ok, so I had a Korean IP, got a JP one. It downloaded to 100%, but that's it...play just keeps it in an infintie loop and if i go to offline mode, the game says it needs a patch.

This is really odd, it just keeps updating over and over.

For some reason DS4 isn't working for me which is weird since it works with every other game. X360 controller works like charm though so I guess I'll continue with that.

Sullichin

For some reason DS4 isn't working for me which is weird since it works with every other game. X360 controller works like charm though so I guess I'll continue with that.
Make sure "Hide DS4" is checked in Xinput wrapper

Ok, so I had a Korean IP, got a JP one. It downloaded to 100%, but that's it...play just keeps it in an infintie loop and if i go to offline mode, the game says it needs a patch.

This is really odd, it just keeps updating over and over.

Sounds like you can't connect to the update server through your VPN.

cripterion

This goddamn GAF hype... Downloading the game as we speak (even though I played 1h of Dark Souls before uninstalling).
I hope it works right off the bat and there's basic controller support.

erawsd

Forcing SSAA (4x) from the CCC makes the blue/red outlines around objects as well. Don't know how to fix it.

Yep, I'm getting the same, just gonna stick with the in game AA.

I'm using ver 1.3 and its working fine. Make sure you have "hide DS4 controller".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom