• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackEtc

Play with the rest of us. These next days will be quite awesome.

And whenever you need help, just look for glowing written letters in the floor or walls, and summon someone. Jolly co-operation!

Save Dark Souls 1 for later.

Good idea! I hope I'm not too lost and confused by the Souls jank hahaha

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
works perfectly for me maxed out. and now off to work, in 8 hours its DS2 all day baby

neoism

guys please can you play it right now lol alot does anyone know if you get your key tomorrow from GMG or right now

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
guys please can you play it right now lol alot does anyone know if you get your key tomorrow from GMG or right now

Mine appeared in my "Games" section last night. It wasn't in alphabetical order, so I had to look a bit.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
IT HAS BEGUN
7eZvH33.jpg

KZoJYED.jpg

i5 2500k, GTX 780, 3200x1800 downsampled to 1080p = stunning

no problems so far here, XBOX 360 controller working perfectly, no crashes.. DELICIOUS!

nbthedude

In settings you can get to it, you can still take pics but turn of the notification when taking pics, its a option in there.

Totally fixed the problem. Not a big deal but hopefully Durante can get the kinks of this worked out so we can keep Steam overlay and still use his mod.

butts

COOL

I know for a fact the day preloading was available I did, yet here I sit with the Install prompt and an 8 gig download to start. WTF

Rich!

still not working. I've even reinstalled steam, cleared the registry and re-installed the entire game from scratch. IT STILL CRASHES ON LAUNCH

i give up. fuck this game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Disappointed that there is no (20 minute spoilers)
boss that you "have" to die/flee on ala Demon's Souls and DkS1

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Welp, I don't seem to be crashing on launch over HDMI! :D (Nvidia card)

Will have to play around with the settings and load up GeDoSaTo and all... but damn that main menu music is haunting
guys guys. I haven't beaten Dark Souls 1 yet on PC. Should I get this?
Yeah just join me dude.

neoism

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
12gbs

3 hours 33mins....

tumblr_mnsu0sodAR1r2gkr0o1_400.gif

least I got it for 40 seeing how I only paid 12 bones for the first game :p

also is the Durante mod a new version for this one got a link?? pls

Booting up the game gives me a black screen with the waiting circle prompt.

I started it up the first time just fine no problem and got into a game before I stupidly tried to alt-tab and it froze my pc.

Very impressed with the optimization on this one. It runs at pretty much constant 60fps so far on my less than spectacular PC. The only time I see drops are when big particle or water effects are right up in the screen. Dark Souls 1 didn't even run this well.

These are some random thoughts after playing for an two or three hours

I'm pretty sure I spend at least an hour - if not more - on the character creation screen. Holy shit do they give you a lot of options. Yet, it still seems impossible to make a good looking male character. I went with a female.

I decided to start as a Swordsman (or should I say, Swordswoman?) I played through the first Dark Souls with a melee focused character, so I while I didn't necessarily want to go in the complete opposite direction of that, with say, with a magic user, I still wanted a change of pace nonetheless. As so much of my Dark Souls strategy was seemingly predicated on attacking, then blocking with my shield, that I thought that playing as a class that didn't have a shield in their starting inventory would be interesting.

I avoided all the fog gates on the way to Majula, because if I've learned anything from Dark Souls, it that's badness tends to lie beyond fog gates. But actually, they were just tutorial areas this time. Whatever. :(

I got killed - twice! - by the first proper enemy I encountered. Some kind of poison zombie. Somehow, being killed within my first encounter made me happy. It felt familiar, to say the least.

In Majula, I got attacked by some small creatures - used up two or three lifegems trying to defeat them. I learned that the left trigger tends to attack lower targets, while the right trigger attacks higher targets. Now I know!

In short - I've enjoyed the time I've spent with this game so far. It feels like pretty much everything I wanted or expected from a Dark Souls sequel.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
Using the xinput wrapper (DS4Tool). How do I check if rumble is working in-game? I'm punching a pillar and I don't feel rumble. I'm at the VERY beginning of the game (bare hands).

gotoadgo

Is anyone else's DS4 not being detected by this game? I tried it with Lego Marvel and it worked fine so the controller IS working, but DS2 refuses to detect anything from it.

The_Monk

Just learned that if someone tries to invade me the game will crash on the people who is trying to invade me and it will force you to download the game again.

Stay away people! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom