• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tolain

Neo Member
A possible FIX for the HDMI crash, for AMD cards. Go into the CCC, digital flat panels, and enable GPU scaling.

No joy here. The only thing that works for me is starting and playing it on my awful TV. For some reason windows refuses to identify my main monitor as display 1, so I think that has something to do with it. When I unplug the TV and am on DVI-only it won't work at all

Anyone have similar issues?

Grief.exe

I can't contain myself right now

6I5nWA5.jpg

For people having a white screen issue while using GeDoSaTo, disable the steam overlay.

It's a known bug that Durante is working to fix

Gvaz

Banned
Everyone with a vac ban in any game on steam can't play Dark Souls 2 online apparently.

Also: my HD5550 can only do about 20-35fps @ 1920x1200.

yatesl

Well gaf, I'm going to bed now. I might sneak in half an hour before work tomorrow. I've just beaten the first boss, despite having fought him 3 times already in other people's games.

I sound like a broken record, but co-op is SUPER fun in this. The only time I did it in DS1 was O+S.

xBladeM6x

Guys using GeDoSaTo: Disable Steam Overlay to stop the screen turning all white. This is a known issue.

(This is seriously the new "turn off in-game anti-aliasing".)

That's hilarious to me. I was thinking this had to be the problem when I saw my friend pop on and it was fine right up until that moment.

Also, maybe it's just me, but the DOF in GeDeSaTo makes the game too blurry at all times. If you toggle it off in any cutscene or when even standing outside of the house, you'll notice everything is much clearer at a short - med distance.

moop1167

Yeah, SLI seems to be jacked. Not a big deal, I am sure someone with more patience than me will find a good compatibility bit lol. I just want to play so I am disabling it now.

Yup, tried everything I can be arsed with tonight. Doesn't work over HDMI, DVI, with GPU scaling turned on, or after a restart.

Maybe someone will get it working sometime tomorrow.

pixlexic

Banned
game runs really well for me.. no slow down whats so ever.

I had ot get use to playing at a higher frame rate coming off the ps3 version lol.

Gvaz

Banned
I'm not going to say what I put, but lets just say I put a certain message in majula as a troll and there are a lot of ratings on it, and I got tons of heals after getting the Crimson Pharma as a deprived so I had a shield to plow through things betwixt for all the goodies.

dekline

I'm surprised how well this is running with high settings and GeDoSaTo at 3600 x 2025. I might just bump it up to 4K.

The DS4 is working great as well with X360CE.

Listonosh

Just fired it up, all on High settings, but noticing some BAD screen tearing. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix this?

Following up on this, I took the game off of fullscreen mode and into Windowed mode in 1080p and no screen tearing is happening. Anyone know why that would occur in Full screen mode? Is it maybe because I have two monitors?

Calamari41

41 > 38
A possible FIX for the HDMI crash, for AMD cards. Go into the CCC, digital flat panels, and enable GPU scaling.

Thank you Lord Jesus Motherfucking Christ in heaven. This fixed the HDMI crash, allowed me to set a sane (read: 1080p) resolution, AND got the 5.1 working.

Going to go dry my tears and start playing.

Dex815

As a good note I died 10 seconds after starting my game... after having played for 25 hours in ps3... I fell to the water! Because of the great SweetFx!

This is the way it must be played! :)

RK9039

Go to %AppData%\Roaming\DarkSoulsII, and GraphicsConfig.xml. What's the resolution - your standard? That would pop up for me if I was trying to run it at 4k.

Change it to 720 or something, and go from there.

If you're using nvidia, go to nvidia control panel and remove all custom resolution. If you have any custom resolution added, the game will crash. Just confirm this myself.

Thanks, I'm gonna try this now.

OK, played for about an hour, haven't died yet :)

First impressions:
Game looks pretty good and runs like a dream on my modest 6850 at 1080p. No complaints here.
Game seems a lot more colorful than the previous games, not feeling that oppressive atmosphere from the previous games, at least in the initial areas.
Majula is pretty much the Nexus from Demon's Souls right? Even have to
go see the lady
to level up lol.

I'll have to call it a night but I can't wait to explore further tomorrow.

The_Monk

People! If anyone is having some sort of purple graphic issues/glitch on your character or even in the world (floor, etc) I've found a way to make it go away.

Reduce your Anisotropic Filtering to Medium and if that does not help turn it Off. It helped me just by putting on Medium, everything is on High.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Dark Souls II is fuckin tough.

I went deprived.

All of my weapons are broken (like 7 different swords).

I have no souls.

I don't even know how to help the blacksmith.

Is the forest the right path?

For the new page

USING GEDOSATO?

disable_steam_overlay_by_aloo81-d7fu1b1.gif

Ilive1up

so every time i get a steam notifiction or a friend logs onto steam, the game goes into this weird bright ass image. i can't explain it. once i alt tab out and back in it goes away.

anyone else getting this?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Durante's thing doesn't work for me. I don't think it's "idiot proof" in regards to downsampling, or his claims of "going around the monitor" don't work since my monitor is old and doesn't allow supersampling anyway. (I need to get a new one, but waiting for NV-sync to happen)

Game looks good on High with no Durante magic, though. I'm slightly impressed. I don't feel the downgrade from the PS3 beta, but it's been a while since the beta so it could just be distant memories.

I'm slightly disappointed that torches are timer/one-time-use from the beta's infinite use.

The only way I could get my DS4 working through DS4Tool (1.2.2) was to hide the controller, close DS4Tool, restart my computer and restart DS4Tool. A hassle, but whatever works for the time being.

Garcia

I know you were playing the console version before; how does the PC version compare in your opinion?

It's like night and day. Looks better, loads instantly, everything looks crispier and shiny now. I wasn't expecting the game to look so good now.

I'm truly satisfied, and holy crap the ratings are crazy! Got my msg rated plenty of times in less than 5 minutes, lol.

NEO0MJ

Just started the game, runs perfectly on my AMD powered laptop at 1080P/60FPS/Med setting.
Just a question, how do I turn of auto-shield? If it helps I picked swordman as my class.

It's like night and day. Looks better, loads instantly, everything looks crispier and shiny now. I wasn't expecting the game to look so good now.

I agree. While I didn't play it my lil' bro bought it and I saw him play it a lot, I was amazed by how different it was as soon as the game started. It's amazing how much better the PC version runs,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom