• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
DAT 1080p 60fps

good ol GTX580 still has life in it.

Also awesome intro

Grief.exe

I expected 50-50 to be honest, very surprised that so many people waited! I'm proud of you guys!

WP0F6To.jpg

http://strawpoll.me/1571315/r

We would never compromise our core values for a quick fix.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This game takes like a minute to start up even on a ssd lol
Just tried it on my HDD.

6 seconds from launching the game to the Dark Souls screen.

This is a long shot but something to try that's worked for other games I've had this problem in, go to Devices and Printers, go to the Game Controller Settings of your 360 pad, click advanced, and select the 360 pad in the dropdown menu there.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work. Gonna try a full restart.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Uhhh, why are there Xbox buttons when I don't have an Xbox controller plugged in? Is there anyway to get rid of that shit? Or should I just plug my PS4 controller in?

Wunder

Is this thread open to pure beginners? I played a bit of Dark Souls but kinda stopped at Blighttown because of the zone and school at the same time, and never really picked it back up. Can I ask really dumb questions here or should I really just be wiking/googling a lot of my questions?

Teknoman

Co-op in this game is super fun. I barely did it in DS1 as I was late to the party, but my summoning sign is outside of the second bonfire in
Forest of the Giants
and I'm being summoned every 2 minutes

Is there a voice chat item now?

Also Durante released something for DS2?

Is this thread open to pure beginners? I played a bit of Dark Souls but kinda stopped at Blighttown because of the zone and school at the same time, and never really picked it back up. Can I ask really dumb questions here or should I really just be wiking/googling a lot of my questions?

Everyone here is new for the most part for DS2, so ask away I say.

Gbraga

HDMI GLITCHHHH

Starting it on my monitor and then switching works, but I can't get my TV downsampling options that way, only my monitor's.

Time to set those custom resolutions then.

Quikies83

I'm running in 16:10 - 1680x1050
What would be good resolution for me to use with downsampling?
i5 2500k 6950

I played around a bit with the new Durante release but everything is whitewashed when I load up. Runs great without tampering though.

nbthedude

Um, ok.

So using Durante's downscale mod.

Title screen looks great.

Intro video looks great.

Load screen looks great.

Hud and graphic options screen all great.

In game is bright white with strips all through it. Anyone else having this problem?

n0n44m

No time to play until next week unfortunately :(

but a quick check reveals that

- HDMI works without issues on my Nvidia GTX670 (SLI) card(s) , running to a Yamaha receiver and a Samsung TV. 1080p with 5.1 surround sound. (the surround sound was working fine as well). I have two more monitors attached but I had those disabled when checking the HDMI. Latest beta drivers

- DS4 seems to work fine with DS4 tool 1.2.2 , configured to hide the DS4 controller so only the X360 emulated controller is visible in the controller panel (bluetooth connected, Windows 8.1)

so it all should be able to work !
hope everyone with issues gets everything sorted out

Miletius

Well, I'm in. Feeling overwhelmed already, but that's how it was in the first game. It looks gorgeous though, even on my modest setup. Very excited, but will probably not have time to play until the weekend. I wanted to log in early though just so that I could be part of that initial rush.

Um, ok.

So using Durante's downscale mod.

Title screen looks great.

Intro video looks great.

In game is bright white with strips all through it. Anyone else having this problem?

Turn off the steam overaly, whenever I took a pic or popped the steam overlay that would happen.

nbthedude

Turn off the steam overaly, whenever I took a pic or popped the steam overlay that would happen.

Ok yeah I took a pic in big picture mode just before this happened.

But how do I turn off the overlay?

Does this mean no pics with Durante's mod? If so that's kind of a bummer but I'll live I guess.

Levyne

Banned

Does this mean no pics with Durante's mod? If so that's kind of a bummer but I'll live I guess.

Durante's mod has a screenshot function but I forget the default key,

Can also just use fraps, etc.

In settings you can get to it, you can still take pics but turn of the notification when taking pics, its a option in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom