• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys please help, I keep getting the "Dark Souls II is not responding" crash when booting up the game, I never used custom resolution,the graphic config suggestion is a bust as there is nothing in the dark souls II folder.

Every single game works yet this one doesn't and I know I'm doing something wrong and probably something very simple, yet it is oblivious to me.

I am running SLI GTX670 and the new beta drivers from Nvidia 337.50,I'm at a loss guys.

nbthedude

If it was hooked up with an HDMI that's why. I think someone posted a fix to the HDMI problem earlier in the topic, but I didn't give it a solid read.

I"m running a 780 with HDMI out to my TV as a primary screen and it works without a hitch.

But I am using Durante's new spiffy tool. Maybe that fixed it before I even noticed?

Good to hear people are enjoying this. Only played Demon Souls and it was pretty satisfying. When I get my hands on a better pc Darks Souls 1+2 are pretty high on the list.

Also, are there any 60fps webms already here? Or is there another thread for it?
Thanks

nbthedude

Hey guys please help, I keep getting the "Dark Souls II is not responding" crash when booting up the game, I never used custom resolution,the graphic config suggestion is a bust as there is nothing in the dark souls II folder.

Every single game works yet this one doesn't and I know I'm doing something wrong and probably something very simple, yet it is oblivious to me.

I am running SLI GTX670 and the new beta drivers from Nvidia 337.50,I'm at a loss guys.

First I assume you did a fresh reboot of your TV (amazing how many problems this fixes) and if that doens't do it. Try disabling one of your cards just to test it out in Nvidia control panel.

moop1167

By the way, for people using SGSSAA, don't forget to set LOD bias to -1.00 for 4xSGSSAA and -.5 for 2xSGSSAA... it will help prevent blur.

r3n4ud

unplugged my DS4 and replugged the 360 controller and it seems to be working, guess I'll just stick with that for now. Hope a newer version of Xinput comes out that can get the DS4 working for dark souls 2

Just figured out my issue. Had two wiimotes connected via bluetooth on my pc. Disconnected both and my 360 controller is recognized by my game!

Hope you get things figured out on your end.

At the main menu, when you get that pop-up for the information, does that shit flicker like crazy for anyone else? It's not SLI, because I turned SLI off. It might be the custom resolutions or something. I guess it doesn't really matter but it feels like I am having a seizure.

Same here as well.

duxstar

Any deals on this at the moment, willing to pay $60 but would prefer around 40, and not have to wait until next week to play it.

styl3s

Bought it, installed it and was going to wait till tomorrow till it unlocked until unbeknownst to me it's already unlocked.

When did it unlock? I thought this game wasn't officially coming out till tomorrow?

Any deals on this at the moment, willing to pay $60 but would prefer around 40, and not have to wait until next week to play it.
25% off at GMG w/ coupon J4XXU2-JTFTLL-8ENDXZ

Gvaz

Banned
I have everything on Low on a system with an i5 3570k @ 4.2 but I have a pissant HD5550

A08D3D5BDBBBAD51E7F8E8F5ED1D8C273549781C

Lewkz gud 2 me

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

J4XXU2-JTFTLL-8ENDXZ 25% off @ Green Man Gaming right now

Comes to 37.50 and the code was working an hour ago, when I checked.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The flashing disable steam overlay, is that meaning disable it from the steam settings?

edit: Paid 50, I ain't even mad

Damn, cant get the game to launch at all... my only monitor is my TV and is connected with HDMI :S to my AMD card

The fix posted didn't work so i guess im out of luck until a patch

Garcia

I can die peacefully in this game now... 3 seconds to load. 3 god damn seconds after having to endure over 20 seconds each time I died on the PS3, sometimes more than 30.

I am so fucking happy right now.

styl3s

HOLY FUCKING SHIIIIIT I clicked on it and it just worked :O :O :O : OMG yiiiiissssss
Right? I thought i was pre-loading the game and i went to check the store to see when it unlocked and didn't have a timer so i clicked play.

Apparently some problems are going on? Probably won't play it till tomorrow as planned since i am going to go see The Raid 2 tonight.

HRose

Banned
BLACK SCREEN FIX
If you can start the game, but after clicking on new game the screen turns black, then you probably a N version of Windows without Windows Media Player.

To fix this download Media Feature Pack for Windows 7 N with Service Pack 1 and Windows 7 KN with Service Pack 1 (KB968211) .

Thats it. Well done FROM...

Nice, I've got that problem a week ago to play that niche masterpiece that is Distant Worlds.

I thought it was the ONLY game that ever silently required Media Player to be installed. Who needs Windows Media Player, really?

wrongway

lol, this is super fun already. Love the bloodstain replays of the deaths people have suffered and the little messages.

Started deprived for laughs. Too weak to use the rapier I found! XD

First I assume you did a fresh reboot of your TV (amazing how many problems this fixes) and if that doens't do it. Try disabling one of your cards just to test it out in Nvidia control panel.

Thanks for replying,when you say TV...I'm assuming you mean Monitor? I don't see how that will help but I did,same thing.

I reset my system and same thing, I re-installed DX and still same thing, I disable SLI and still same thing.

I'm going to try new drivers but I doubt that will do anything besides wasting time, damn you From/Namco.

Anyone have some magic fix? :(

jns

Get to name creation - After putting in a name, hitting enter or A just re-sets the name field. Can't do anything else lol.

Teknoman

Man everything is so smooth compared to DS1! And not just talking about the framerate! Gotta love the auto-hide hud setting and the "L3" for jump.

By the way, how does voice chat work in DS2? Should I just have my headset on 24/7?

Timu

When I use the DS4 with DS4 Tool the camera spends endlessly upwards, is there anyway to stop that? I want to know right now because I hate the keyboard controls.

moop1167

How do I turn Human again and recover my HP bar?

Use a human effigy. Or if you successfully help someone kill a boss in co-op you get 1 instance back. As in, if you die twice, your HP is cut two times, so each successful co-op you gain one of those back.

nbthedude

Thanks for replying,when you say TV...I'm assuming you mean Monitor? I don't see how that will help but I did,same thing.

I reset my system and same thing, I re-installed DX and still same thing, I disable SLI and still same thing.

I'm going to try new drivers but I doubt that will do anything besides wasting time, damn you From/Namco.

Anyone have some magic fix? :(

Sorry for the typo. I meant reboot your PC. New drivers makes a big difference much of the time. Also disable any programs you aren't using to make sure they aren't interfering. I assume it's just crashing on boot?

It definitely not an NVIDIA HDMI thing because I'm an Nvidia 780 and playing over HDMI to TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom