• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible fix for the AMD - HDMI problem, and if the last fixes didnt work for you, because you only have 1 monitor with HDMI.

1. launch the game
2. while the white screen is on, press win key + P and select second screen only, the screen will turn off and return to the game (because there is no other screen)
4. Enjoy

Now how to get 5.1 sound :S

Either I'm crazy or my right stick (wireless 360 pad) is floaty as hell, for example I'll pull down-left and it'll occasionally go up-left for a moment before moving the camera the way it should.

Garcia

Can't read the item descriptions in time.

1bhfntk8g.jpg

Laughed more than I should have. Indeed!

nbthedude

My only problem is this damn mouse cursor that keeps re poping up. Since my mouse is in another room with the computer it's really annoying.

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
How many of you had a mini-heart attack thinking your graphics were bugging out when you started, but realized it was just the silhouettes of everyone else starting the game hahaha

Game won't even boot with DS4 and the tool opened up.

Sucks too cause the 360 controller is such garbage. I wish I could swap the bumper/triggers for this game. Anyone know how to accomplish this?

alichino

For anyone that's getting the crash at startup that's using 2 monitors, just go in to your Windows screen resolution settings and change your display to only 1 display and show the desktop only on the 1 display. This fixed the crash problem for me.

Oddly enough it's still not working if I want to play it on my Panny plasma TV via HDMI, but it works just fine on my monitor via DVI. Hmm.

Zemm

Well, not too surprising given my experience with Day 1 on Dark Souls 1 PC but I get a white box and then a crash message before the game starts. I'm seeing a lot of other people are getting it too. Unfortunate, but that seems to be the life of a PC gamer some days.

A PC gamer that buys games developed from FROM really, I haven't had problems with any games apart from theirs over the past couple of years. They should just outsource the port of DS3.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't seem to have downsampling working, but the other features of GeDoSaTo look great at locked 60fps, 1080p with an nvidia 780 and an older i7. No tearing, everything is smooth and it's gorgeous. Even if this is the best quality you can play it at it blows the console version out of the water. I don't know about L3 for jump but the controls are as flawless as I remember them.

edit: Okay, downsampled from 2160p I take a framerate hit of about 15 or so and I'm sure it'd spike during action. Might play with the other settings now to see what I can out of it...

Looks incredible at that res though, don't kid yourself.

koryuken

I'm all ready to go after I've done with work tomorrow with this sexy beast:

mHY92jS.jpg

Looking hot. Is that male... or female??

I caved and bought this game on PC :( I'm not going to play it until I get the platinum on PS3. I have about 2-3 hours worth of stuff i need to do on NG++ for the plat trophy, after that switching over to PC.

saxman717

Banned
Got the game to launch, am using a 360 wireless controller.....couple questions...

Any way to adjust the speed that my right analog stick turns the camera? It seems faster and jumpier than dark souls was, and makes it harder to control. Any way to fix this?

Also, in the very first area, some of the grass seems to turn purplish color when I rotate the camera.....I have all settings on high. It didn't go away when I turned off the motion and camera blurs.....any ideas on what is causing this and how to fix??

Ashodin

Tried putting my settings to low, windowed mode on... still just sits there after continuing or doing new game, with low blue light at the bottom of the screen.

Anyone know what's happening?

Grief.exe

System:
560 ti SLI
2500k @4.6

I actually meant to test the Diablo III SLI bit, but landed on this one by accident. It seems to work perfectly in the brief time I was testing and it gives the impression that it is a general bit for Nvidia due to the shear amount of games it covers.

0x02400001

ibq0mK4Z8KqZSz.png

I'm getting 60 FPS at 1440p with in-game AA, but only 30 FPS with 4x SGSSAA

iNSdxd1jXyj08.jpg

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Does anyone else see this kind of rendering problem?

I have a 7850 with the 13.12 driver, i am going to try the latest 14.4 to see if changes anything, hopefully.

If you're forcing any options in the CCC, try disabling them. The problem went away for me after that.

The_Monk

Does anyone else see this kind of rendering problem?

I have a 7850 with the 13.12 driver, i am going to try the latest 14.4 to see if changes anything, hopefully.

I have the solution for you, let me find my old post. One second please.

Here it is:

People! If anyone is having some sort of purple graphic issues/glitch on your character or even in the world (floor, etc) I've found a way to make it go away.

Reduce your Anisotropic Filtering to Medium and if that does not help turn it Off. It helped me just by putting on Medium, everything is on High.

It worked for me. ;)

dmr87

So I think I just found a working SLI bit. Give me a couple minutes.

I'm using 0x02004005, SLI works but I have strange drops for no reason it feels like, running like butter then all of a sudden the GPU usage tanks for a few seconds then goes back up again. I'll wait for your findings.

ibb70b7Tbxnlng.gif

This happens when I use the Dualshock 4 with the DS4 Tool, I need a fix now!!! Heck I can't even control the camera either.

Did you tick the box for "Hide DS4 Controller"? I had the same problem before I did that.

___

Thank you based Durante, 4k.

efdlnl.png

http://a.pomf.se/oeqykk.png

Has anyone gotten this to work with a DS3 controller yet? I used MotioninJoy for DS1 and it was totally fine, this is getting nothing.

Couldn't get SCP DS3 tool to work either but I don't think that's anything to do with the game (it just won't load its drivers correctly for some reason.)

Maybesew

Just got home and man this game looks amazing. Screenshots just don't do it justice. Haven't even installed the new Durante tools either.

Oh and lol
dragonrider down. Thanks for walking off the ledge bro

Thank you for the kind compliments everybody. I foresee me putting my summon signal sign to assist many a weary traveller by being naked and doing my very best to get directly in front of their camera.

that's an amazing character. I tried to do something similar but my skill in creating awesome and horrifc characters wasn't good enough.

tips?

I spend several hours delicately notching the slides into the most aesthetically pleasing min/max quadrants of every bar possible.

Anyway I'm off for the night, can't wait for "I Got You" to being its adventure tomorrow.

MayMay

Banned
Reposting this, because it's annoying as fck. We literally tried every single solution out there, nothing works - at all. I can't explain myself why it's not working for him.

Awesome, my game works but I'm just trying to fix it for a friend of mine.

We've got the same setup basically, the only differences is that I have an Intel processor and he's got an AMD processor. We both have nVidia cards and are not connected through HDMI..

This is so frustrating --

It can't be the processor, some ppl with the same processor he has had it working for them.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/236430/discussions/0/558754259683457381/

Dark Souls 2 Crashes on startup thread
You know dat feel

;__; There isn't a single solution that worked here.

Arulan

I'll post this again here.

I'm having a slight problem with GeDoSaTo. I have the rendered resolution set to 1440p downsampled to 1080p. However when I change the in-game resolution setting to 1440p after enabling GeDoSaTo and saving/exiting the game (Dark Souls II) it launches in windowed mode. Only by selecting 1080p again does it revert to fullscreen.

How many of you had a mini-heart attack thinking your graphics were bugging out when you started, but realized it was just the silhouettes of everyone else starting the game hahaha

lol, I definitely panic'd at that. It wasn't any sooner then 8 seconds later that I was panicking again after punching one of those dog like things that seemed harmless...

The painstaking ~10 minutes as the game downloads another gig of shit before it let's me play... Soon enough I'll be in Majula enjoying that soothing music.

All these instances of the game just not starting is kinda scaring me. Has anyone pinpointed the cause of it? Steam Overlay or some other similar program perhaps?

Tevious

Use a human effigy. Or if you successfully help someone kill a boss in co-op you get 1 instance back. As in, if you die twice, your HP is cut two times, so each successful co-op you gain one of those back.

This isn't true. You can gain your Humanity back, but its either completely random or it could be that the host is part of the same covenant (or lack thereof). This would explain why it happens most often with the early bosses, since most people are not in a covenant yet. Also, you don't need to even successfully defeat the boss. You can lose too. Or sometimes there is a connection problem when the host enters through the fog wall, you get disconnected and you still get your humanity back.

Zafir

Yeesh. Only had one weapon I had the parameters to use left, but needed souls to repair, and managed to go into a place where it locks the door behind you... The weapon broke just as I was killing the first 2 mobs, and then another 5 were round the corner... :I Thank god for the DLC weapons I didn't have the parameters for, it was slow killings, but I survived it somehow.

On the subject of the port. The PC version does run surprisingly well. Glad they got their act together with the port this time. I was expecting a bit more of a graphical leap since the last game, but I guess we can't have it all.

Levyne

Banned
So I have a fair amount of souls and want to spend them before I die...but you don't level up at bonfires in this one?

I'm sure I could google it, but I am trying to play mostly blind (blind plus this thread I guess)

akira28

Anyone else getting a milky screen with GeDoSato?? I can alt+tab out and it goes back, but the first time I saw it, it was after my preorder items showed up, and I thought those old ladies had dosed my guy with some LSD. I mean, it looks awesome still, but...completely hallucinatory and unplayable.

Also, THIS GAME OMG!!!$#5#T#$)^$

Animator

Anybody had any problems with a wired xbox 360 controller and a gtx 780? I am 30 min away from leaving for home from work and booting it up but all these problems people seem to be having are scaring me. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom