• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

How are you guys getting rid of the mouse cursor? THat's pretty annoying.
AutoHideMouseCursor is your friend, works flawlessly here just like with Metal Gear Rising

4bf200193apnr9d.png

Random download link from google:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/AutoHideMouseCursor.shtml

Just start the app before playing, set it at 3 seconds or whatever and you're golden.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Get to name creation - After putting in a name, hitting enter or A just re-sets the name field. Can't do anything else lol.

Heh, I had that same problem. I had to use the mouse to manually select "ok" or whatever underneath, then hit "A" on the controller and it let me through.

Arkanius

Use a human effigy. Or if you successfully help someone kill a boss in co-op you get 1 instance back. As in, if you die twice, your HP is cut two times, so each successful co-op you gain one of those back.

But effigy blocks invasions and cooperation
Is that right?

Sorry for the typo. I meant reboot your PC. New drivers makes a big difference much of the time. Also disable any programs you aren't using to make sure they aren't interfering. I assume it's just crashing on boot?

It definitely not an NVIDIA HDMI thing because I'm an Nvidia 780 and playing over HDMI to TV.

Yes it crashes on boot-up, can I ask a question...when you boot up the game for the first time are you represented with a graphic option menu? Because I see no graphic config file in the directory.

Also nothing is running in the background as I keep my system tidy,Im just sad that every game works even the original dark souls without fix and yet this one is causing me issues.

There must something I'm doing wrong, I just want to play a game I've bought and waited through the delay and yet I cant.

YES! This is exactly what happens to me!

Paches

My camera won't stop spinning and I am using a PS4 controller. Any ideas? Trying to futz around in the key bindings right now.

And no, I am not holding down a stick.

Edit: Fixed it.

Teknoman

HDMI worked perfect for me. AMD card (of course I did all that scaling config back with MGR to get rid of black bars...had to change on every refresh rate available).

TwistedMind

Neo Member
I killed a world master by the launcher in
the pursuer room
and I feel bad :(
Man the online is so smooth in the PC version ,I have been summoned a lot and i summoned others without getting any error message , not to mention instant loading times .... really well done and a great port.

Ashodin

So I'm starting the game and all I get a black screen (with the blue at the bottom) that I presume is loading but nothing is happening. Any ideas?

nbthedude

Yes it crashes on boot-up, can I ask a question...when you boot up the game for the first time are you represented with a graphic option menu? Because I see no graphic config file in the directory.

Also nothing is running in the background as I keep my system tidy,Im just sad that every game works even the original dark souls without fix and yet this one is causing me issues.

There must something I'm doing wrong, I just want to play a game I've bought and waited through the delay and yet I cant.

YES! This is exactly what happens to me!

Have you guys tried using Durante's fix? It's pretty easy to set up so might be worth a shot. Just:

1) Download and extract it wherever you want it to be.

2) Righ click on the EXE and select "run as administrator

3) Check Activate White list.

That's it then just boot the game. IT's automatically configured for Dark Souls 2.

finalflame

Wooh, just got GeDoSaTo! Thanks Durante!

I am getting 60 fps with no bokeh, max other settings, downsampled from 4k and manually added 2xSGSSA+2xMSAA in nVidia inspector. Does the SGSSA and MSAA settings in inspector work in conjunction with GeDoSaTo? Or should I just stick with the GeDoSaTo AA settings and disable the inspector profile?

2fbcCsc.jpg

Garcia

I just went to Majula and back to FoFG. Twice.

15 seconds. 4 loading screens. Why the fuck did I have to play the console version of this game. I'm enjoying this as if it were the first time!

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I've been using DS4 to Xinput wrapper ever since the DS4 came out. It doesn't fucking work here and I'm a sad panda. Any help? The d-pad inputs are right, but the button mapping is all over the goddamn place.

duxstar

Oh boy...

I'm surprised that the game runs silky smooth at 60 FPS on my 560 Ti with max settings.

I have a 560 too and was wondering if I would need to update the graphics card for this game (downloading it now), I don't do alot of high end gaming, and this might be one of the only "graphic intensive" games I will play, Im trying to hold off upgrading until I have to. Was worried this might be the game to make me lol

AmyS

Game launched fine
DS4 tool works perfectly
60FPS/1080p 50% GPU usage with maxed settings on 560 ti.

I used to have a plain 460 in early 2011 so yours is somewhat better.

So it's confirmed, PC DSII @ 60FPS, 1080p, max settings on what what could be considered a very modest GPU by 2014 standards.

Guys correct me I am wrong but I'm pretty sure 560 ti is a full Fermi GF104, and still only an upper mid-range 2011 GPU.

That's not a bad choice. Either that, cleric, or deprived. I went deprived and I am going hex/dex.

I don't know if I have the balls to go with deprived the first time around.

how come none of the npc's mouths move?

such realism.

15 seconds. 4 loading screens. Why the fuck did I have to play the console version of this game. I'm enjoying this as if it were the first time!

only bad part is the loading screens aren't long enough to read the item descriptions.

feel

Can't read the item descriptions in time.

1bhfntk8g.jpg

Timu

ibb70b7Tbxnlng.gif

This happens when I use the Dualshock 4 with the DS4 Tool, I need a fix now!!! Heck I can't even control the camera either.

kewlmyc

Crashes on startup. Not like this....

Redownloading, then if it doesn't work, I'll read the thread to see if there'a any tips or not.

matmanx1

Well, not too surprising given my experience with Day 1 on Dark Souls 1 PC but I get a white box and then a crash message before the game starts. I'm seeing a lot of other people are getting it too. Unfortunate, but that seems to be the life of a PC gamer some days.

Have you guys tried using Durante's fix? It's pretty easy to set up so might be worth a shot. Just:

1) Download and extract it wherever you want it to be.

2) Righ click on the EXE and select "run as administrator

3) Check Activate White list.

That's it then just boot the game. IT's automatically configured for Dark Souls 2.

I will try, thanks man for trying to help I appreciate it...I'm just re-downloading again on a different HDD.

I'll try the fix and post here,I hope it works as I'm really excited to play, if it doesn't I wont fret I will wait a few days and hopefully there are some fixes.

Elixist

Well, not too surprising given my experience with Day 1 on Dark Souls 1 PC but I get a white box and then a crash message before the game starts. I'm seeing a lot of other people are getting it too. Unfortunate, but that seems to be the life of a PC gamer some days.

same prob, hopefully they can figure it out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom