• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone gotten this to work with a DS3 controller yet? I used MotioninJoy for DS1 and it was totally fine, this is getting nothing.

Couldn't get SCP DS3 tool to work either but I don't think that's anything to do with the game (it just won't load its drivers correctly for some reason.)

i'm using the same i used for DS1 (DS3 Tool) and worked perfectly.

Grief.exe

SLI 560 ti
2xSGSSAA
1440p
60FPS

I downsampled the image to 1080p, cut out this portion, then applied a slight upscale for demonstration purposes.

isEshvNmMyF8Y.jpg

Garcia

hsc, if you're reading this, that was an amazing deprived run both we just did.

I fucking love this game. Thank you based 3 second long loading times and stable 60 FPS.

CarlSagan

Neo Member
Anyone else getting a milky screen with GeDoSato?? I can alt+tab out and it goes back, but the first time I saw it, it was after my preorder items showed up, and I thought those old ladies had dosed my guy with some LSD. I mean, it looks awesome still, but...completely hallucinatory and unplayable.

Also, THIS GAME OMG!!!$#5#T#$)^$

Did you disable the Steam overlay?

Zafir

Anybody had any problems with a wired xbox 360 controller and a gtx 780? I am 30 min away from leaving for home from work and booting it up but all these problems people seem to be having are scaring me. :(

I'm using a wired 360 controller without any issues.

Sorry if this was asked before and I missed it, but is there any way to turn off the early access weapons so they don't show up in the game? Doesn't seem like you can just discard them. I know I can put them in the box thing at bonfires but I'd rather they not exist if it's possible. I didn't even pre-order the game but got 'em anyway haha.

Teknoman

Is this game worth 40$ on GMG?

How is it compared to darksouls on pc?.

Please tell me they ditched that games for windows crap

Steamworks now and yes buy it. Everything is just so much smoother and its a Souls game.

Seriously though, how does voice chat work? Item based, always open, only friendly phantoms?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Durante, quality mod you created here. It performs admirably with windowed mode, downsampling obviously doesn't work but the other effects remain on and it's stable (where alt+tabbing when downsampled tends to crash many games for me). The DS2 client in general, unless you're experiencing crashes of course, seems incredibly smooth and efficient and well-designed to me.

I will either use 1440p or try and accept the framerate hit at 1800p (looks so good). But man this is awesome. Now for... the actual game.

Nzyme32

Apparently people with VAC bans are finding that they can't play the game.

It may be that dark souls 2 is using VAC enabled servers exclusively for online? I hope so because I think it is hilarious seeing some of their posts. There should he high penalties for cheaters. I'm not sure what the experience was like in the original

Sendero

ATi/AMD HD6870 here.... playing on 1440. 59-60 fps.
No crashes.

But I have three major issues:

1) Can't bind mouse_4 and mouse_5 buttons.
2) No idea how to kick, since no idea how that translates in a KB/M setup
3) My "fast" right attack button seems to fail near any enemy.

If the enemy is away, no problem. If it's close, it seems to have a delay or not register at all. Have been killing everyone with strong attack only... which sucks.

SOLUTION to #3: Download Autohotkey!!
http://steamcommunity.com/app/236430/discussions/0/558754259701364973/

Apparently people with VAC bans are finding that they can't play the game.

It may be that dark souls 2 is using VAC enabled servers exclusively for online? I hope so because I think it is hilarious seeing some of their posts. There should he high penalties for cheaters. I'm not sure what the experience was like in the original
That would be strange as VAC bans are game specific.

je_ssi e

Has anyone gotten this to work with a DS3 controller yet? I used MotioninJoy for DS1 and it was totally fine, this is getting nothing.

Couldn't get SCP DS3 tool to work either but I don't think that's anything to do with the game (it just won't load its drivers correctly for some reason.)
I am, and I'm using the bolded.
I've had no problems thus far with DS2. The tool did give me some problems a while ago, though. It used to work on/off for me. I had to re-install it a handful of times before it worked right. Before.. after I'd unplug the usb from the DS3 it'd stop working. It's fine now. I dunno why it gave me so much trouble before. I'm of no help. :p

Now I'm just waiting for some kind soul to make some dualshock button icons that I can place in-game. Get to it some random person!

moop1167

System:
560 ti SLI
2500k @4.6

I actually meant to test the Diablo III SLI bit, but landed on this one by accident. It seems to work perfectly in the brief time I was testing and it gives the impression that it is a general bit for Nvidia due to the shear amount of games it covers.

0x02400001

Try with SLI bit 0x02004005 and let me know if that works. I am using it now, but don't have any tools to track it with. I used this with DS1 and it worked great.

Btw I am running 2560x1600 with 2xSGSSAA (trying to reduce blur) and I seem to be at a constant 60 but then again I am not testing my fps or anything.

I figure since the tech folks are in here I'll use this opportunity to ask a question about using a TV for my monitor for this game.

My TV is my monitor and has an HDMI. It used to immediately go to a PC resolution (1920x1080) when I booted Windows 8. I also got audio from the TV speakers just fine so I didn't need PC speakers. After a driver update on my graphics card though (GTX 660) it defaults to the "Ultra HD" 1080p resolution every time the PC boots (aka TV resolution) so the picture sucks and I have to go into my Nvidia Control Panel and change it to PC 1920x1080.

Problem is, this also happens when a program goes to full screen (not windowed full screen). So if I change to PC resolution then click a game in full screen it goes back to the crappy TV resolution. I've been getting around it in other games with windowed full screen but Dark Souls II doesn't have that option so my image quality suffers playing the PC version.

Any ideas on forcing Windows or Nvidia Control Panel to stay at a PC resolution without losing my HDMI audio? It used to work, now it doesn't. I figure it has to do with EDID but when I use an external program to force EDID to PC I lose audio because it's being tricked to think it's DVI.

Played for 2 hours, got pretty far,
went back to Majula and realized that Majula girl is chilling under the tree, so now I'm finally able to upgrade and get an Estus Flask.
j2wWbQo.jpg

Mkilbride

Banned
Anyone figured out how to get Dark Souls II working with DS3/4?

It works with all the other games. I use DS3Wrapper as DS4 tool is Spyware

Xbox360CE didn't work, either.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
These are some random thoughts after playing for an two or three hours

I'm pretty sure I spend at least an hour - if not more - on the character creation screen. Holy shit do they give you a lot of options. Yet, it still seems impossible to make a good looking male character. I went with a female.
The key to making a good looking male character: use beards. I have two females and two males on the PS3, and my dudes are sexay as hell. :) Wish I had a capture card.

CONFIRMED: Game uses the character name for summon
WHAT! Really? That is awesome.

I'm totally making a powerstance scimitar Drizzt toon as soon as I get this version. I wanted to wait til a Steam sale to double-dip but... now someone may steal my idea. ;_;

Use a human effigy. Or if you successfully help someone kill a boss in co-op you get 1 instance back. As in, if you die twice, your HP is cut two times, so each successful co-op you gain one of those back.
No, you regain humanity every time you see "Duty Fulfilled". Or at least, you should...

This isn't true. You can gain your Humanity back, but its either completely random or it could be that the host is part of the same covenant (or lack thereof). This would explain why it happens most often with the early bosses, since most people are not in a covenant yet. Also, you don't need to even successfully defeat the boss. You can lose too. Or sometimes there is a connection problem when the host enters through the fog wall, you get disconnected and you still get your humanity back.
Oh my. You guys are playing the pre-patch version? This is really odd. This behaviour happened before the patch, but was fixed on consoles a while ago now...

A white walker???
Haha. I actually made a bunch of ASoIaF toons in Dark Souls, including a White Walker. xD

Damn, borderless fullscreen doesn't work. I tried two different utilities and they all leave a bit of a border around the edges. Not the biggest deal but I really wish borderless fullscreen was standard.

PRAISE THE SUN, DAMMIT!

SMOOTH AND SILKY 1080p 60FPS EDITION

Holy crap this runs fantastic!!! I have a shitty GeForce GTX 650 and it's taking it like a champ!

So, praising the sun...

And ThisIsNeoGAF:
nyR9vxF.jpg

It's almost like that gesture was done for GAF!

It's a shame the sconces in Things Bexwit (sp?) are a living testimony of an area that was probably supposed to be pitch black and you had to use the torch a lot. (Although it clashes with the 5 minutes length of the bloody thing.)

I am, and I'm using the bolded.
I've had no problems thus far with DS2. The tool did give me some problems a while ago, though. It used to work on/off for me. I had to re-install it a handful of times before it worked right. Before.. after I'd unplug the usb from the DS3 it'd stop working. It's fine now. I dunno why it gave me so much trouble before. I'm of no help. :p

Now I'm just waiting for some kind soul to make some dualshock button icons that I can place in-game. Get to it some random person!

Hmm. I got DS3 Tool to install correctly and it's registering inputs when I check the device, but DSII won't recognize it at all now.

edit: I should say I'm using this as a wired USB controller, not through bluetooth if that changes anything for anyone.

Levyne

Banned
Ah right, one of the few things I did read was about this
covenant
near Majula.

I guess it makes the game harder? On a first playthrough, no thanks.

Timu

I'm using 0x02004005, SLI works but I have strange drops for no reason it feels like, running like butter then all of a sudden the GPU usage tanks for a few seconds then goes back up again. I'll wait for your findings.

Did you tick the box for "Hide DS4 Controller"? I had the same problem before I did that.

___

Thank you based Durante, 4k.

efdlnl.png

http://a.pomf.se/oeqykk.png
Dude...this worked perfectly, thank you for telling me this!

L.O.R.D

so, i found the sound track for the game inside the game folder

and found the "DLC" file too , and tried to open it with notepad

and

6wGpBjy.jpg

WTF ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom