• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

Turned off my second monitor on Nvidia, didn't do shit captain, so I guess I'll wait til this is fixed next week or something...

seph1roth

Are you guys using FRAPS to capture those screenshots? because i play DS2 on 1440p and FRAPS doesn't want to do screenshots with 1440p, only 1080p

I play it downsampled.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I ended up just sticking with the 360 controller and playing the game as normal without Durantes program. Still looks great and plays wonderfully well, loving it :)

AJLma

This is one of the best performing games on PC period.

I'm down-sampling from 4K, displaying at 2560x1440 with everything except Bokeh and AA enabled from Durante's mod(major thanks to Durante btw) and I'm still getting a consistent 60FPS, with drops to 45 in busier places like Majula.

The quality of this port makes me very excited for a proper next-gen Souls game on PC...

Also, online play has been incredibly smooth so far. Did some co-op at
the Pursuer
and was summoned in less than 20 seconds 4 times in a row with no errors and 3 second load screens.

Levyne

Banned
Are you guys using FRAPS to capture those screenshots? because i play DS2 on 1440p and FRAPS doesn't want to do screenshots with 1440p, only 1080p

I play it downsampled.

GESTAPO (over whatever it's called, lol) has a built in screen taking function. Defaults to / and * on the numpad.

Carm

I guess I'm misunderstanding something. Pick Cleric as class, gets you 1h mace. Get in game, while you can use the mace as 1h, you don't have enough strength so you get a penalty? Can wield it as 2h but eh. What's the point of giving me a starting weapon if I'm penalized immediately using it as a 1h?

Edit: They need to tone down the grass rustling sound, little over powering.

The_Monk

Stefan™;109410808 said:
Wow at the loading times. Never going back to the ps3 version!

Can you read the Tips on the console version during load times? Yes? On PC I can't, too fast.

Consoles: 1 PC: 0

Kidding ;)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ashodin said:
It's still not working, I can't see the cinematic for the game. Something about an issue with Windows Media Player on my computer. Not sure!
BLACK SCREEN FIX
If you can start the game, but after clicking on new game the screen turns black, then you probably a N version of Windows without Windows Media Player.

To fix this download Media Feature Pack for Windows 7 N with Service Pack 1 and Windows 7 KN with Service Pack 1 (KB968211) .

Thats it. Well done FROM...
Tried that?

neoism

well after an hour in the character create screen lol how do you stop from having my shield from auto blocking pls

ALSO HOLY SHIT DS at 60 frames @_@ soooo damn smooth

AU Tiger

11 minutes until steam finishes downloading and my wife reminds me that we have a kickball game tonight

dtnpU8q.gif

Dying has been postponed :|

LOL what is this from?

DukeBobby

Ah right, one of the few things I did read was about this
covenant
near Majula.

I guess it makes the game harder? On a first playthrough, no thanks.

Yep, I joined it and was getting my ass kicked by a knight in the next area.

I left soon after.

CarlSagan

Neo Member

I play it downsampled.

GeDoSaTo can take full res screenshots! Check out GeDoSaToKeys.ini. Divide key by default.

Havel

Downsampled from 1440p
60 FPS (Except near Fog gates)
16x AF
HBAO+
2xSGSSAA

560 ti is a hell of a card still.

iclA8qp37tnVo.jpg

It's weird, I haven't been able to get HBAO+ working using the AO bits in Nvidia inspector. I took two screen shots just to be sure, and they were exactly the same.

Anyone find a fix for the long load times at the start? Whenever opening the game, and then getting into the continue menu the game takes a long time to load, on a ssd and have no clue why it takes ages to start.

ElFly

Just saw that Gedosato does not play well with the Steam overlay.

Got killed by the first boss when a friend spoke to me.

It was an all white blur. Could have done better but I panicked.

jsrv

Anyone happen to know if the game has cloud saving or will I have to manually transfer save files if I want to play on a different machine?

Despera

Banned
So I played for about an hour and a half so far and beat the
Dragonrider
boss. I died once due to forgetting to change the jump button from LS to B lol

Man playing the early parts of the game without joining the
Covenant of Champions
makes a huuuuuuuge difference.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Does anyone have a solution to the PS4 controller "resetting" once I restart my computer or shut it down? I paired it the first time and worked flawlessly, however since restarting everytime I turn it back on and run DS it sees both the "PS" controller and the "X360" controller, but I hit "hide DS4" and it hides the X360 controller :S

Any help would be much appreciated.

O.DOGG

The game felt a bit awkward at first but after a few hours of play I'm starting to get it. And it feels good. Time to get some sleep now.

Dex815

I had a weird bug (at least I think it is a bug), just after creating my character if I moved just a little bit the pad to walk (just at the point of starting to walk, so almost in the center) my character already was running, and running like during sprint! without wasting stamina. And I had 2 weird icons under my health bar that I never saw before, they were inside 4 corners in red. I tried to carry +75% of weight with the preorder weapons and still the same. I tried to fight the first enemy and if I hit the enemy the stamina recovered really slow....

So I had to leave the game and load again in order to fix it.

Did someone else had this weird problem?

eot

Banned
So far I'm feeling a little down on the game. The combat just feels off, but maybe it's because I started with super low ADP. Still, I've already gotten stuck on shit in combat, seen bullshit weapon hitboxes (a spear guy hit me with the butt of his spear) and gotten nailed by things I would've rolled away from 100% in DkS. I got angry at the game more times in the past few hours than I did during the entirety of my time with DkS. I guess you gotta get used to the combat, but ugh, stunlocks. I fucking hate getting stunlocked.

I'm also pretty annoyed that they actually managed to make the kb/m controls worse than (modded) DkS. I hope that gets addressed. The first boss
was alright though. I didn't have any lifegems and didn't want to use an effigy to get my health up (because first boss), so he took a few tries. I was laughing at him first, but after dying with 2-3 hits left enough times it actually got a bit tense. I also missed the level up lady for the first hour+, went from level 1 to 14 when I found her.

Ashodin

Nope, that update didn't work, and I still can't get past the cinematic when I make a new character. Some other sites have narrowed it down to the windows media player(?) but I'm not sure.

nbthedude

Has anyone found a way to get rid of the mouse cursor yet? It pops back up EVERYTIME I go into a menu and I have to go all the way across the house to move it since my PC is at the back of the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom