• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mkilbride

Banned
Yeah. Demons &*DKS1 had cheap parts, sure, but mostly it was balanced with learning.

So far I've encounter no small amount general bullcrap enemies / animations.

nbthedude

is there a way to pause the game ?

YOu can quit Dark Souls at any time and you start exactly where you quit out. That's the "pause." There is no traditioanl pause because it's always online with messages and summoning/invading ect. IT would be like pausing in the middle of an online Halo match.

But you can always quit out immediately no matter what you are doing and pick back up where you left off. Even less of a problem on PC when it literally takes only a few seconds to load into and ou tof the game.

Atrophis

Goddamn, either I'm really out of practice or they made this game way harder than the first two. So many places where they throw 3+ enemies at you and they hit like a truck. I don't feel like I'm making much progress, 3 hours and I haven't hit a boss yet! (was taking it veeeery slow at the start just walking around taking in the sights)

*sigh* I just started this with Durantes mod, am amazed at how smooth it is, make my character a knight, run outside the house, follow the trail, see the footsteps and am unable to defeat the thing that left the footsteps. As someone who beat Dark Souls 1 I can say this is Dark Souls alright :p

Am I even supposed to fight this thing?

As for PC related things:

i5 3570k @ 3.4ghz
8gb RAM
Club 3D 7970 Royal Queen @ 1050mhz core clock
Win 7 64bit

It seems to run at 60fps fine at 1080p with Durantes bokeh effect but I can't really tell because MSI Afterburner doesn't seem to work :(

HowZatOZ

Banned
Does anyone have a solution to the PS4 controller "resetting" once I restart my computer or shut it down? I paired it the first time and worked flawlessly, however since restarting everytime I turn it back on and run DS it sees both the "PS" controller and the "X360" controller, but I hit "hide DS4" and it hides the X360 controller :S

Any help would be much appreciated.
Nevermind I fixed it. So it seems I just have to uninstall the DS 1.2 drivers each time I want to use it, restart computer, than install them again. Strange.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
I'm so cautious in picking which weapons I want to upgrade.

The Heide Knight Sword and the Flame Sword both have elemental attributes so I'm inclined to upgrade those, but my starter broadsword has higher base damage according to the stats.

Help me GAF

Thank you! What causes my max hp to go down? It seems like it went down more than once

Every time you die it goes down a little more. It caps out at 50%.

hiryu

Oh man I'm using gedosato with durantes default settings and the game is beautiful and runs smooth even on my old ass computer.

I'm glad I managed to platinum this on the ps3 already because I doubt I play it on there again, it looks so bad compared to the PC.

Has anyone found a way to get rid of the mouse cursor yet? It pops back up EVERYTIME I go into a menu and I have to go all the way across the house to move it since my PC is at the back of the house.

The mouse cursor should disappear automatically whenever you leave a menu, at least thats what happened in my game.

Also: to all first time players, DO NOT join the covenant that the victory rock thing gives you, it just makes the game harder.

Thank you! What causes my max hp to go down? It seems like it went down more than once

Whenever you die you will lose 10% of your max health, up to 50%. Using an effigy once will completely restore your max health.

jsrv

Anyone happen to know if the game has cloud saving or will I have to manually transfer save files if I want to play on a different machine?
Just realized checking list view in Steam shows which games have the cloud icon which I'm guessing is for cloud saving.

Dark Souls 2 doesn't have the icon so I'm guessing there's no cloud saving

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Goddamn, either I'm really out of practice or they made this game way harder than the first two. So many places where they throw 3+ enemies at you and they hit like a truck. I don't feel like I'm making much progress, 3 hours and I haven't hit a boss yet! (was taking it veeeery slow at the start just walking around taking in the sights)

I am still baffled by these sorts of comments! I find it much, much easier compared to Dark Souls.

The_Monk

Alright going to take a break.

So far I'm really terrible, died a lot, made barely any progress if any... Sound like me playing a Souls game. But I did finished Demon's Souls and Dark Souls so I'll just take my sweet time and have fun learning more about the game.

Garcia

Summoning is not as good as it was on PS3. I fail to summon other people most of the time, but I get summoned pretty quickly.

I hope this gets fixed soon.

Having so much fun with this right now. Can't put down the controller. And yay for no more menu lag!

Korten

Banned
Dark Souls 2, what. The. Fuck.

Me and my friend are 18 and 15... Why the hell can I not see his soap stone! We have spammed it, waited, and nothing. Just earlier it worked just fine! We have restarted out games but to no avail! Is anyone else having trouble playing with friends?

Facism

HOLY SHIT I'M GETTING SUMMONED TO HELP BLUE-BROS FROM FILTHY REDNECKS.

this happened once on th ps3. it's already happened 3 times here. So sweaty.

MilkBeard

I am still baffled by these sorts of comments! I find it much, much easier compared to Dark Souls.

It really does depend on the class you start with. However, once you start pumping points into your favored stats and get better weapons, all classes become irrelevant.

I started off as an Explorer, and it was easy until the Forest of Fallen Giants, which I had a lot of trouble because I didn't have high enough stats to use the stronger, heavier weapons. I was stuck with a knife and a broken straight sword. Once I managed to plow through the game became considerably easier.

la_briola

Nice, I've got that problem a week ago to play that niche masterpiece that is Distant Worlds.

I thought it was the ONLY game that ever silently required Media Player to be installed. Who needs Windows Media Player, really?

And why is there no error message, or why does the game not just skip the video? Shame on you, FROM!

AngryMoth

Dark Souls, what. The. Fuck.

Me and my friend are 18 and 15... Why the hell can I not see his soap stone! We have spammed it, waited, and nothing. Just earlier it worked just fine! We have restarted out games but to no avail! Is anyone else having trouble playing with friends?
Buy the name engraved ring from the cat, that will help. Also matchmaking is determined by soul memory now but shouldn't be an issue at those levels.

heiyu

GyEzzia.jpg

drilling-F5.gif

AmyS

My weak ass PC is performing immensely better than the PS3 version.

The dated consoles held back this game.

Ineed. Xbox 360 got released in late 2005 but its tech existed a full decade ago in early 2004. PS3 is more or less just as old really, difference being a matter of months not years.

L.O.R.D

question :
what will happen if i don't chose a name ?
and what happen if i killed the first ladies i meet after i create my character ?

I remember when the console version came out people were arguing about how important the Adaptibility Stat was.

Anyone know what the latest consensus is?

Ashodin

Seems like a lot of player are having the same problem as me. Really disappointed that a game I bought can't be played upon purchase.

Summoning is not as good as it was on PS3. I fail to summon other people most of the time, but I get summoned pretty quickly.

I hope this gets fixed soon.

Having so much fun with this right now. Can't put down the controller. And yay for no more menu lag!

The summon will fail if they have already been summoned. The early game is so congested right now that if you don't summon them immediately someone else will already done so. It will get better in time.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I remember when the console version came out people were arguing about how important the Adaptibility Stat was.

Anyone know what the latest consensus is?

I think it definitely helps improve rolling/i-frames. the consensus has been to get it to about level 20ish so that your agility is @ 99/100.

styl3s

This might of been asked so sorry but as someone who put maybe 5 hours into DS1 and no hours into demons, is there a good maybe 30-40 minute introduction video to dark souls 2? Something that can explain some of the classes and how they play or just tips for beginners because i know the lady in the beginning gives you a flask if you do something and i probably would of just walked right on past.

I am not looking for a straight playthrough just something to help a terrified noob out to maybe help me understand some mechanics or something before i dive in.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
How worried should I be about focusing on upgrading one weapon vs. multiple weapons?

I remember reading upgrade materials were a lot more rare and finite this time around...

Grief.exe

I just gotta say, after my experience with GFWL and Dark Souls 1 the online play is absolutely thriving.

I know there are 60,000 people online this second experiencing this content but it is insane how many ghosts, blood stains, and messages I am seeing.

GFWL would never allow connections or messages to filter through on a regular basis.

58,000 players online on release. I'd say this game is on track to sell over a million quick on PC alone.

Ya, I'm pretty damn impressed with that number Rayge.

Garcia

The summon will fail if they have already been summoned. The early game is so congested right now that if you don't summon them immediately someone else will already done so. It will get better in time.

It seems to fluctuate atm. I mean, I summoned 2 guys in an instant right now. Seems to have its ups and downs mainly due to so many people currently playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom