• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game crashes on start up when I use HDMI to my TV but starts up just fine to my monitor with DVI.

Edit - Seems I fixed it by unplugging all my monitors and just running it through the TV.

Ashodin

So the update to WMP on 8.1 windows works, but there's no fix for Windows 7 yet. I wonder if you can work your magic again, Durante!

AngryMoth

This might of been asked so sorry but as someone who put maybe 5 hours into DS1 and no hours into demons, is there a good maybe 30-40 minute introduction video to dark souls 2? Something that can explain some of the classes and how they play or just tips for beginners because i know the lady in the beginning gives you a flask if you do something and i probably would of just walked right on past.

I am not looking for a straight playthrough just something to help a terrified noob out to maybe help me understand some mechanics or something before i dive in.
This one is pretty good I think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayDrTngtGL0

So after logging on a grand total of once, I can't seem to connect to the server again. I reallllly don't want to play in offline mode; is the server just hammered or is there something screwy in my files?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So the update to WMP on 8.1 windows works, but there's no fix for Windows 7 yet. I wonder if you can work your magic again, Durante!

This didn't work?
BLACK SCREEN FIX
If you can start the game, but after clicking on new game the screen turns black, then you probably a N version of Windows without Windows Media Player.

To fix this download Media Feature Pack for Windows 7 N with Service Pack 1 and Windows 7 KN with Service Pack 1 (KB968211) .

Thats it. Well done FROM...

Launch is so much fun. Seeing 5+ summon signs in Cardinal tower around the bonfire. It is a unique time that will unfortunately not last.

Wanny

I don't like how the game controls with DS4. There's something odd with the left analog stick and movement control. Some sort of deadzones or I don't know. Feels like I'm emulating a keyboard.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
How worried should I be about focusing on upgrading one weapon vs. multiple weapons?

I remember reading upgrade materials were a lot more rare and finite this time around...

Spoiler-tagged just in case:
Normal titanite is rare at first, but you eventually get infinite sources (except slabs, but they are fairly common compared to past games).

For twinkling, however, be very choosy, because they are rare and there isn't an infinite vendor. It can be farmed but it's a pain in the ass and I would recommend using it only on a weapon you really want.

Ditto for upgrades for boss soul weapons. Their upgrade materials are rare.

mrgone

I feel like I'm going to be spending my first 100 deaths unlearning how to play Dark Souls so I can play Dark Souls 2. Everything is murdering me right now :p

Ashodin

This didn't work?

Ah nope. Multiple users responding that it "doesn't work with their version of Windows". Which is the same error I get when I try to install. Which means we're trying to apply a fix to a version of Windows that already has WMP installed. With the extras!

Facism

gedsato or whatever it's called dumps an error about no location in the registry but has an instance running in the task manager :(

Ineed. Xbox 360 got released in late 2005 but its tech existed a full decade ago in early 2004. PS3 is more or less just as old really, difference being a matter of months not years.
I mean the PS3 has 256MB of RAM and can be had for $150 or less on ebay. Let that sink in when comparing it to the PC version lol. It's not even a handheld by today's standards.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Spoiler-tagged just in case:
Normal titanite is rare at first, but you eventually get infinite sources (except slabs, but they are fairly common compared to past games).

For twinkling, however, be very choosy, because they are rare and there isn't an infinite vendor. It can be farmed but it's a pain in the ass and I would recommend using it only on a weapon you really want.

Ditto for upgrades for boss soul weapons. Their upgrade materials are rare.

Thanks for the info on the
titanite.

I just had that concern early on because I wasn't sure how rare it would be throughout the whole game.

la_briola

Ah nope. Multiple users responding that it "doesn't work with their version of Windows". Which is the same error I get when I try to install. Which means we're trying to apply a fix to a version of Windows that already has WMP installed. With the extras!

Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dark Souls II\Game\movie
Then open the movie with Windows Media Player, does it play?

edit: You could also ask someone to create a save game for you...

Getting an issue where the game crashes on launch. Getting a white windowed screen and then "Dark SOuls 2 has stopped working".

Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Geez, where is the second bonfire in the Wharf area? D:

There was a second one there? Huh, never knew that. The run to the boss can suck a little bit I guess but the area was kind of cool.

How the heck do I get rid of the mouse cursor every time I bring up the menu

Metal Gear Rising had that issue as well. There was some tool you could use...

Ashodin

Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dark Souls II\Game\movie
Then open the movie with Windows Media Player, does it play?

edit: You could also ask someone to create a save game for you...

It does, yes. I'm considering just waiting to see if a fix arises. Which REALLY sucks.

Gvaz

Banned
Okay this first ogre thing is fucking bullshit.
E2D682ED0B6ED16CD2165B95596E7D964B83574F

These guys? They're dead.

It's really easy to kill them.

AlterOdin

Messed about with different res's in GeDoSaTo (all other settings on "default") and seems down-sampling from 2560x1440 to 1080p is the sweet-spot for my 680gtx. Looks and runs great at constant 60 fps. (max all in-game settings).

Thank you Durante for making this a simple procedure, looking forward to trying it on other games.

Haunted

Couple first impressions:

Ghosts, messages and bloodstains everywhere :lol Almost feels like an MMO when you see someone else running around constantly (I don't like it). I enjoy the atmosphere of immersion, solitude and isolation, which is ruined by people cartwheeling off cliffs and other random stuff. I assume it'll die down when launch hype is over and there aren't as many concurrent players, otherwise I'll probably play the game in offline mode to get rid of these guys.

The sconce lighting looks very good. Textures are pretty much a mixed bag. Some stones look lifted straight from the PS2, others have fantastic and varied texture work.

early spoilers:
ONE (1) ESTUS FLASK!? You sons of bitches.

Downsampled from 1440p with most settings on max. Running a rock solid 60fps on a 7870 great port indeed. Game looks fucking gorgeous definitely don't miss the ps3 version lol.

Well, apart from SGSSAA not giving me a totally smooth 60fps (expected) and the HBAO+ being buggy (unfortunate) this version is a real ripper. 1440p with SMAA is my order and it looks tasty.

Also, summon signs everywhere! It's so good! Good riddance GFWL, get the hell outta here!
darksoulsii_2014_04_25_11_08_45_644_by_realghostvids-d7fums1.jpg

MayMay

Banned
Guess there's no fix for the person I'm currently troubleshooting with (friend of mine). gg FROM, for delivering a broken product. It might work super well for some ppl (myself included btw, works fine for me), but it doesn't work at all for a whole bunch of other ppl. >__>

They better listen and release a patch asap, fixing all the stupid issues in this release. (Starting from the weird HDMI glitch to everything else)

moop1167

Interesting, getting some pretty serious slowdown in Heide's. SLI GTX 670 4GBs and downsampling at 1560p... might have to lower it.

HRose

Banned
Has anyone gotten this to work with a DS3 controller yet? I used MotioninJoy for DS1 and it was totally fine, this is getting nothing.

I actually had less problems with Motionjoy DS3 than with DS4.

I run it as usual:
- select the fifth option: Xbox 360 Controller Emulator, Xinput-default
- press "Options", from the drop down menu select X360 controller

Works flawlessly here.

Zeliard

I almost dread getting into Dark Souls 2 again because the soul memory mechanic is just so terrible. I love playing co-op in those games and you're basically punished for doing so.

Knowing that I'm progressively putting myself further out of the range of others the more I help them isn't fun.

Mkilbride

Banned
God.

I was so excited tonight to play. I should've known From would fuck it up.

Watch the forums for DKS2 and whatnot. Thousands of crash reports, I mean more so than for a Elder Scrolls game lol...pretty nuts.

On top of that, lack of controller support. KB+M support is rather bad, better than before, but still bad.

I just want to play.

But KB+M is AWFUL. And my DS4 won't work, I tried DS3Wrapper, which works in every other game, including DS1. I tried DS4Tool, which still doesn't work in ANYTHING.

Hurley

I have no idea what I'm doing or where to go but I'm loving it so far, being my first Souls game it's made a good impression already.

eot

Banned
After the first boss, should I
buy that fall damage ring and jump down the hole, or just level up?

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone tell me how the rumble is supposed to work?

Testing out my DS4 using the xinput tool. I get rumble when I block. What about attacking someone? When I am supposed to feel rumble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom