• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was recommended to use a Large Club, since I'm a STR build. I'm noticing that despite my Large Club being upgraded to +4, I perform better with my NON UPGRADED Heide Knight Sword. I think it's because the animation is quicker.

Any tips for what I should do? I use the Large Club +4 with a shield equipped btw. I'm not sure if I should be two-handing it.

I was strength build on PS3 and found the large club fairly useless.

Like you said it's just stupid slow and there are weapons that might not have as high of base damage, but they both attack more frequently and use less stamina, meaning you can do more attacks more quickly before having to rest to regain stamina.

For a strength build I used the Fire Sword to start, a bastard sword, then one of the greatswords and a claymore, so far.

What is it doing, just saying it stopped responding?

I know its probably obvious, but have you guys also put in a steam support ticket? I dunno how good steam tech support is...but I mean it cant hurt.

Pretty much man, you launch it it presents you with a white screen and then the error pops up saying "Dark Souls II has stopped responding".

I'll try steam support however I doubt they will be of much help as this thread is still going with no clear solution:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/236430/discussions/0/558754259683457381/#p1

43 Pages and still no fix for everyone or a desirable one,it affects many but not all and probably not a majority, however I and many others are sad that every game works yet this one does not.

Can you please offer me serious help?

Doesn't look like it's installing the service. Hit Win+R and type in services.msc and see if you have a service named "SCP DS3 Service" or DS4, whichever you're using. Most likely, you won't find it. I had a similar issue were the service wouldn't install, but if I ran ScpServer.exe, the pad would work properly.

If you're having the same problem, you could try doing what I did. Do an uninstall, reboot, then do a reinstall with "Force Install" checked, then reboot again. Hopefully the service will be working. It took me a few repeats of uninstalling, rebooting, installing, and rebooting, but it eventually installed for me. YMMV.

Already more than 1 million deaths have occurred. LOL

Also, I've been sticking to the original xinput wrapper for DS3 for DS4 and it's been working nicely in DS2. The author added DS4 support to the original wrapper but everyone seems to be using DS4tool instead. Not sure how it's better but would like to know differences/similarities. It works really well if you follow the instructions on the OP. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

Havel

Yes. Obviously I did that.

It's really weird.

I'm pretty sure I had this problem a few months ago. My DS4 would not respond, not even on windows calibration. I gave up, until I needed to reinstall Windows for something. Out of curiosity, I decided to try my DS4 and then it worked perfectly, with DS4 tool, x360ce, everything.

Not saying you should reinstall windows JUST for that, but there you go.

Garcia

co op pursuer is fun because you can actually use the
Ballista

Just don't hit your co-op buddy. I did that once. Oops!

I killed one of my allies an hour ago with it :(... I felt horrible, but I know he understood it was an accident. XD

I'm doing a Deprived run and am spending most of the time helping other people to clear out their worlds or annihilate bosses.

Its crazy how optimized this game is compared to Dark Souls 1.

Currently I playing on a laptop with Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 ghz + Nvidia 8400m GT (256 MB)
(waiting for a new laptop to come in through the mail), and I put everything on low and lowest resolution (800x600) and I'm getting 30-40 fps.

I made a comfy couch PC setup specifically so I could play this game at launch on my 60' Plasma. Now the game crashes specifically because of this.

What the flip FROM!
The Real Dark Souls Starts Here.

esai

4 hours... I actually hate you all right now. In fact, Dark Souls isn't even that good, just more overrated Japanese crap. In fact I'm glad I'm at work and not home playing it!

...goddamn it, fuck you guys :(

its ok. some of us cant even play. :(

Levyne

Banned
I didn't even run into the tutorial area boss or whatever. Maybe I should head back :)

The game seems very open so far. So many ways to go. I just made it into the
Lost Bastille

My heart can't take this.

Is there a reason why my health is being depleted even if I have my shield up and stamina?

Also, what area should I be focusing on first? There are so many more mobs in this game

Levyne

Banned

Is there a reason why my health is being depleted even if I have my shield up and stamina?

Also, what area should I be focusing on first? There are so many more mobs in this game

I haven't found a shield that blocks 100% damage yet. One of the merchants had one that did 95%

Havel

Not all shields have 100% physical damage reduction. Press select when you have one highlighted to see what the different values mean.

Mkilbride

Banned
Doesn't look like it's installing the service. Hit Win+R and type in services.msc and see if you have a service named "SCP DS3 Service" or DS4, whichever you're using. Most likely, you won't find it. I had a similar issue were the service wouldn't install, but if I ran ScpServer.exe, the pad would work properly.

If you're having the same problem, you could try doing what I did. Do an uninstall, reboot, then do a reinstall with "Force Install" checked, then reboot again. Hopefully the service will be working. It took me a few repeats of uninstalling, rebooting, installing, and rebooting, but it eventually installed for me. YMMV.

Tried that, multiple times already.

SCP DS3 service does install. DS3Wrapper works, as I said, in every game, including DKS1, just not DKS2.

DS4Tool, however, does not work, ever.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Shields don't block 100% (well most don't)

Trickster

So just completed the tutorial area ( even killed the two big ogre like creatures and went a lied in that coffin thing that did something that I don't know what is ). Then I went onwards, and reached that rundown town at the coast. There I encountered 3 tiny creatures, all of which had a ridiculous amount of HP, my weapon actually broke before I could kill them, so I had to run away.

My question is, did I go to the wrong place somehow, after completing the tutorial area? Didn't really seem like there were other ways to go. But those creatures just seemed like they had way to much hp.

Mkilbride

Banned
Tearing my hair out here. I've tried for an hour to play with KB+M, but it's just not possible. There's also the 0.5s input delay with KB+M, for some fucking dumb reason.

I'm even tempted to try MotionJoy, despite how hard it blows.

So just completed the tutorial area ( even killed the two big ogre like creatures and went a lied in that coffin thing that did something that I don't know what is ). Then I went onwards, and reached that rundown town at the coast. There I encountered 3 tiny creatures, all of which had a ridiculous amount of HP, my weapon actually broke before I could kill them, so I had to run away.

My question is, did I go to the wrong place somehow, after completing the tutorial area? Didn't really seem like there were other ways to go. But those creatures just seemed like they had way to much hp.

It swapped your gender <3

my shield is perma-raised and there's a symbol under my stamina bar that is a shield with a red outline box around it. can someone explain what that means and why my shield won't lower itself?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Tearing my hair out here. I've tried for an hour to play with KB+M, but it's just not possible. There's also the 0.5s input delay with KB+M, for some fucking dumb reason.

I'm even tempted to try MotionJoy, despite how hard it blows.

DS3Tool works smoothly here.

legend101

is anyone able to get decent frame at 7680x4320 and everything max in GeDoSato configuration. my 780ti cant even get more then 10fps =(

Levyne

Banned
Aww yiss, tower shield bought. I look like a legionaire.

Is it just me of is the rolling requirement much more lax here? I'm at 67.3% burden and I still roll okay.

is anyone able to get decent frame at 7680x4320 and everything max in GeDoSato configuration. my 780ti cant even get more then 10fps =(

Well, first that is a pretty insane resolution. You could try turning the DoF thing off in GeDoSaTo since it's supposedly a huge performance hit.

Huh I was coming here to complain about how I can't play the god damn game because of the HDMI issue. Guess I have to wait until there's a fix. I could play the game via my regular monitor, but that defeats the purpose as my laptop doesn't have that big of a screen. B. E. AUTIFUL. Guess I'll have to wait.

Havel

hehehehehe_duck.gif

HoosTrax

It's worse in DS2 (I think)
I think you're right. It's all the "play dead" enemies that you can't manually trigger, so you have to walk past them and put yourself into an ambush position.

Very draining, to have to be constantly alert and on edge for ambushes.

Dezzy

Nearly 50,000 people in-game on Steam right now. I bet FROM is glad they put some effort into a PC version now. It must have sold really well.

Newboi

It's great not being able to play this wonderful game due to the HDMI crash at startup issue...how did this bug make it past testing???!!!!

It's hard to believe that FROM spend all of this time developing and testing the PC release of this game and never plugged their PC into and HDTV or monitor via HDMI...

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I think you're right. It's all the "play dead" enemies that you can't manually trigger, so you have to walk past them and put yourself into an ambush position.

Very draining, to have to be constantly alert and on edge for ambushes.

Ehhh you can attack those enemies playing dead before they get up.
They are rather obvious too as they look exactly like the others you are fighting with. Anyone else dead usually does not look like the others enemies so you can easily say what to attack and what not to.

Chuck

Still without luck
So I made a deprived and I kinda of want to go full on deprived, even though its selection was a mistake. 2 questions about the preorder stuff:

Do i get it whenever i start a new character?
Can i just drop it all in one spot at the start and come back and get it later?

It's great not being able to play this wonderful game due to the HDMI crash at startup issue...how did this bug make it past testing???!!!!

It's hard to believe that FROM spend all of this time developing and testing the PC release of this game and never plugged their PC into and HDTV or monitor via HDMI...

Yeah. I hope it gets resolved quickly. I'm not about to do the 'fix' where you start the game then plug in the HDMI. I think the crash is due to HDMI audio, as when you do the plug in later method the visuals appear but the audio stays in the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom