• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Tried that already. Nada.

Have you tried the 360 wrapper tool that runs the Dual-Shock 3? It works in Dark Souls 2 even with rumble for me. I dunno if that'll work for the Dual-Shock 4, but it can't hurt?

Wow I'm so rusty and Dark Souls now, getting my ass handed to me by scrub mobs cause I'm not paying attention lol. Tried to become human and mistakenly burned my human effigies at the bonfire thinking that's how you revert back :/ Yeah don't do that lol, freaking waste
KuGsj.gif

Also, it seems like there's alot more enemies that are weak to striking weapons than in Dark Souls, glad I bought that metal punching glove :)

Levyne

Banned
Oh that's weird. Inspector says I already have that application tied to the Dark Souls 2 profile that I made a couple days back. Never manually linked it.

So...I guess I am already getting the sgssaa..wish I was savvy enough to just be able to tell off the bat.

Mkilbride

Banned
Yes.

I've tried DS3Wrapper. IT works in all games, with rumble, including DKS1.

But not DKS2.

As for 1.2.2, it does nothing. Absolutely nothing. Blank.

-MD-

Why does downsampling 1440p destroy my frames when people with lesser hardware get 60fps? Shoots me down to 30-40fps using the tool with everything else on default.

Running a 660ti/3570k.

Yes.

I've tried DS3Wrapper. IT works in all games, with rumble, including DKS1.

But not DKS2.

As for 1.2.2, it does nothing. Absolutely nothing. Blank.

Yup that's my experience with 1.2.2 as well (wired ps4 controller). Gave up on it after 30 minutes and decided to go with a wired 360 controller, still hate the bumpers for this game but its better than keyboard/mouse for me

Leaving that covenant has made the game so much more manageable. I must have been out of my mind randomly joining the first covenant I saw.... in this case Company of Champions.

lol yeah. Don't do this. not for just starting the game. there's warning messages around for a reason!

Mkilbride

Banned
EibFfkH.jpg

1.3RC4

1.2.2 is just blank, doesn't detect anything.

DS3Wrapper works, as I said, for everything but DKS2.

I am trying to run it wired, so I don't understand the crap about BT DOngle.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
This thread moves quick! I've been using DS4toXinput wrapper, and it sounds like everyone else is using DS4tool. Does anyone have a link to it?

I thought powering through Dark Souls 1 leading up to this would help me out, but I'm getting my ass kicked.

And loving every second of it. This game looks realllly great.

I just gotta say, after my experience with GFWL and Dark Souls 1 the online play is absolutely thriving.

I know there are 60,000 people online this second experiencing this content but it is insane how many ghosts, blood stains, and messages I am seeing.

It's so awesome. I'm loving it.

Levyne

Banned
Call me boring, but I just want to use a straight sword, and yet havent been able to find anything better than the broadsword. Unless there is a clearly superior weapon type. I used a curved sword and pyromancy iirc in DS1

Played as Deprived in Dark Souls PS3/PC and in Dark Souls II PS3 so I decided to do something different and be a sorcerer straight off the bat. Regret!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, those that have played this before, spoiler me: What is the max rank you need for magic of both schools (unless Pyromancy is back?).

I'm going to raise my stats in those areas to get all the spells on one character like I did Dark and Demon's before Dark 2.

Levyne

Banned
Are you using Nvidia Inspector instead of GeDoSaTo?

I guess I was doing both and didn't know it?

I'm pretty green to inspector. I set up the file the way the tweak guide said, but since the game wasn't out I never linked the actualy DS2 game to the DS2 profile, I go there now and it says it's already linked. I guess I could bump up the AA to something crazy to see if it chugs for confirmation, haha.

Ill Saint

So um where to get humanity or whatever it is to restore you to full health? This half health blows lol

You'll find Human Effigy items scattered around. Don't burn them at the bonfire, use from inventory. Or do some co-op. Small Soapstone for quick action, or the large if you want to hang around longer.

xBladeM6x

This has already been talked about I'm sure, but does anyone else's information screen at the title screen look like 2 messages laying on top of each other, like they're formatted wrong?

Mkilbride

Banned
I'm about to sleep but for everyone using a DS4 and having trouble, have you tried this driver instead of DS4 tool? http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

As far as I know DS4 tool is a fork of that one that enables additional things like touch-pad mode but this one is more or less the original one so it should work :/

Yes. DS3Wrapper works wonderfully, in every game.

Except DKS2. DS4Tool never worked right for me=/

So, those that have played this before, spoiler me: What is the max rank you need for magic of both schools (unless Pyromancy is back?).

I'm going to raise my stats in those areas to get all the spells on one character like I did Dark and Demon's before Dark 2.

64 int and 65 faith. Pyromancy is back. There are also hexes which require both int and faith to cast, the highest of which requires both 42 int and 44 faith.

MayMay

Banned
Alright, this is bullshit. Fuck you FROM. Game's working for me, but I've literally been working on getting the game to run for a friend for over FIVE HOURS now. There is not a single workaround/fix that works. He does not use an AMD card, does not have multiple monitors, is not connected with HDMI, not even remembering everything else that causes problems for DS2. (No, not that mediaplayer problem either)

Sigh.. so frustrating. It's like they didn't QA test it at all. Like, seriously? Some ppl had to disconnect their HDMI cables, start the game and reconnect them. That's unacceptable lol

Glad it works for me though.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So is this weapon worth upgrading?
The one with the knight or whoever with white robe in forest of giants laying against the tree. The lightning sword?
It's decent on a faith build. If you like it, upgrade it, but save your large titanite shards for something you're more sure of, since they are rare until a bit later in the game.

What do you get from having your messages rated?
You get slightly healed.

There are 4 magic types now, lol. Miracles, sorcery, pyromancy and hexes. Miracles scale with faith, sorcery with int, pyromancy with both (though viable at base stats still) and hexes scale with the lowest of int/faith so you need to level up both.

Also, you can use an NPC and certain consumable items to lower the stat requirement of spells, so the max stat you need may differ depending on your choices...

Man, this no windowed full screen thing is really bumming me out. Haven't been able to enjoy the game because I can't get it to display properly in full screen and can't find any help online to fix it.

Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and go buy a DVI cable and some speakers.

I guess I was doing both and didn't know it?

I'm pretty green to inspector. I set up the file the way the tweak guide said, but since the game wasn't out I never linked the actualy DS2 game to the DS2 profile, I go there now and it says it's already linked. I guess I could bump up the AA to something crazy to see if it chugs for confirmation, haha.
I'm still not sure if I'm supposed to be running one or both, sine I deleted my profile after I installed GeDoSaTo. But now I have both running and don't see any noticeable performance hits.

Havel

EibFfkH.jpg

1.3RC4

1.2.2 is just blank, doesn't detect anything.

DS3Wrapper works, as I said, for everything but DKS2.

I am trying to run it wired, so I don't understand the crap about BT DOngle.

Your controller is not being detected.

We need to go back to step 1. Uninstall 1.3, uninstall DS4 drivers. Then install 1.3 again via Force Install.

Uthred

Anyone else run into an issue with Gedosato where when you check the info on it with Numpad+ it shows "Not downsampling"?

Alright, this is bullshit. Fuck you FROM. Game's working for me, but I've literally been working on getting the game to run for a friend for over FIVE HOURS now. There is not a single workaround/fix that works. He does not use an AMD card, does not have multiple monitors, is not connected with HDMI, not even remembering everything else that causes problems for DS2.

Sigh.. so frustrating. It's like they didn't QA test it at all. Like, seriously? Some ppl had to disconnect their HDMI cables, start the game and reconnect them. That's unacceptable lol

Glad it works for me though.

Man I know your frustration and even more so your friends, I went through everything and all the suggestions for fixes have been HDMI/DVI.

I don't use HDMI and I don't have my TV connected to my PC, I have an Nvidia card so the amd fix doesn't work for me.

I've exhausted myself for nearly 4 hours now, I actually give up as I'm sick of this crap, If there is no fix in a few days,I'm going to figure out how to get my money back.

How does Greenmangaming work when it comes to refunds? what proof do they need?

mothball

well after an hour in the character create screen lol how do you stop from having my shield from auto blocking pls

ALSO HOLY SHIT DS at 60 frames @_@ soooo damn smooth

There's a shield icon under your stamina bar, isn't there? Press M. I came here wondering the same thing and stumbled upon the answer on GameFAQs.

There's also autowalk and autorun on Z and X to watch out for.

Yes. DS3Wrapper works wonderfully, in every game.

Except DKS2. DS4Tool never worked right for me=/

Hmm that's very strange, I just tried it with the driver I linked and Dark Souls 2 works 100% fine with my two DS3's and my DS4 over bluetooth even :/ If you want I can help you finding the error tomorrow step by step :(

Teknoman

Man I know your frustration and even more so your friends, I went through everything and all the suggestions for fixes have been HDMI/DVI.

I don't use HDMI and I don't have my TV connected to my PC, I have an Nvidia card so the amd fix doesn't work for me.

I've exhausted myself for nearly 4 hours now, I actually give up as I'm sick of this crap, If there is no fix in a few days,I'm going to figure out how to get my money back.

How does Greenmangaming work when it comes to refunds? what proof do they need?

What is it doing, just saying it stopped responding?

I know its probably obvious, but have you guys also put in a steam support ticket? I dunno how good steam tech support is...but I mean it cant hurt.

Mkilbride

Banned
Your controller is not being detected.

We need to go back to step 1. Uninstall 1.3, uninstall DS4 drivers. Then install 1.3 again via Force Install.

Did that.

Nothing.

By the way, 1.3 doesn't have an installer. I've tried every combination of installed, uninstalled, connected, not connected, restart, ect.

JLeack

Banned
So I was recommended to use a Large Club, since I'm a STR build. I'm noticing that despite my Large Club being upgraded to +4, I perform better with my NON UPGRADED Heide Knight Sword. I think it's because the animation is quicker.

Any tips for what I should do? I use the Large Club +4 with a shield equipped btw. I'm not sure if I should be two-handing it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If there are more things people want me to add as announcements or edit into the group let me know either here or via PM. Keep enjoying the game everyone.

Havel

Did that.

Nothing.

By the way, 1.3 doesn't have an installer. I've tried every combination of installed, uninstalled, connected, not connected, restart, ect.

You see that small blue 'controllers' icon in DS4 tool? Click that and tell me what you see.

Also, 1.3 does have an installer. In the Virtual Bus Driver folder, you open ScpDriver.exe and install from there.

Mkilbride

Banned
You see that small blue 'controllers' icon in DS4 tool? Click that and tell me what you see.

Can you please offer me serious help?

Yes, it shows the controller. Xbox 360 Wired / Wireless, whatnot, the same as DS3Wrapper. Except the controller doesn't respond.

SCP Virtual Bus Driver Installer 1.0.0.103 [4/24/2014 11:39:18 PM]

Detected - Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601.65536 AMD64)
Selected WIN7 configuration.

SUCCESS - Virtual Bus Created
INFO - ENTER: DriverPackageInstallW
INFO - Looking for Model Section [SCProductions.NTamd64]...
INFO - Installing INF file 'C:\DS4Tool\Virtual Bus Driver\System\ScpVBus.inf' (Plug and Play).
INFO - Looking for Model Section [SCProductions.NTamd64]...
INFO - Installing devices with Id "root\ScpVBus" using INF "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\scpvbus.inf_amd64_neutral_21ca245c0e23d7a5\ScpVBus.inf".
INFO - ENTER UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices...
SUCCESS - RETURN UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices.
INFO - Installation was successful.
SUCCESS - Install completed
INFO - RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0x0)

Install Succeeded.

-- Install Summary --
Bus Device
Bus Driver

Yes, I have all the requirements. X360 drivers. Framework. DirectX. All of it, the same DS3Wrapper requires.

DS4tool was broken months ago when I tried, and is still broken now, and the original author Scarlet.Crush even says DS4Tool has very "Hacked together, sloppy code"

Havel

Can you please offer me serious help?

Yes, it shows the controller. Xbox 360 Wired / Wireless, whatnot, the same as DS3Wrapper. Except the controller doesn't respond.

It is just a hunch, but maybe the DS3 tool drivers are interfering with the DS4 tool ones. Try getting rid of the DS3 tool drivers if you haven't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom