• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayMay

Banned
so any word if this does use VAC?

Well, apparently ppl with a VAC Ban can't play online - so I guess it does.

So I made a deprived and I kinda of want to go full on deprived, even though its selection was a mistake. 2 questions about the preorder stuff:

Do i get it whenever i start a new character?
Can i just drop it all in one spot at the start and come back and get it later?

You can put them into the itembox in the bonfire menu, and forget about them.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I think you're right. It's all the "play dead" enemies that you can't manually trigger, so you have to walk past them and put yourself into an ambush position.

Very draining, to have to be constantly alert and on edge for ambushes.

Huh? Walk up to them, smack them. I'm using the short-sword broken and able to do that.

Though, I'm not playing Right-handed for once (THANK YOU FROM FOR NOT PENALIZING LEFT-HANDERS THIS TIME AROUND) which is fucking with my muscle memory of two previous 80 hour games by trying to shield while smacking my sword around. Whoops.

So maybe it's a left-handed thing, right-handers can't hit them on the ground.

So I made a deprived and I kinda of want to go full on deprived, even though its selection was a mistake. 2 questions about the preorder stuff:

Do i get it whenever i start a new character?
Can i just drop it all in one spot at the start and come back and get it later?

Go full deprived, it doesn't really matter your class if you grind eventually and deprived is basically a "tabula rasa" for character creation anyway.

1) Yes.
2) Yes. Though not recommended and since you get those pre-order items RIGHT after you character create/get the starting weapons, you're literally five seconds from a bonfire to dump them in the item box.

And I'm not sure if it is like De/Da Souls where you log-out/quit the game and those items are gone. Better put them in the item box if you want to keep them, just to be safe.

Eyothrie

The 'information' screen before the main title screen is all messed up - text is overlapping/ghosting on top of each other. Is this just my PC?

HRose

Banned
The 'information' screen before the main title screen is all messed up - text is overlapping/ghosting on top of each other. Is this just my PC?

Me too. But if you notice it's because the color codes at the beginning of each line show up. So it flickers between showing/using them.

Levyne

Banned
So Durante's tool takes full resolution images too large to host anywhere?

Well here's one more reasonable "downsampled-to" shots from my day. Only tagging one since they're big :p

iSLFXZMgiWhiB.bmp

Yeah, still haven't found better armor than the starting Knight stuff.

Edit: Whoops, forgot about how .bmp works.

Havel

And not here. Thanks for chiming in. Have pages on this very thing.

Like I said, I have had this problem before. Reinstalling Windows fixed it because I'm pretty sure it has something to do with a messed up driver installation somewhere. Sometimes they get permanently botched until you have a fresh OS installation.

It's overkill and supremely annoying, but it works I guess. Not saying you should, but the option is there if you are feeling THAT desperate.

What is this HDMI bug? I am using a monitor hooked up to my Asus G750JX (GeForce 770m) via HDMI and had no issues at all? Should I be looking out for something?

Garcia

Man, don't know what they did to the servers but summoning is working like a charm.

I don't even have to wait 5 seconds before I'm already being summoned. 10 seconds later I'm already helping others out.

I know I've said this but I really, really wish I hadn't played the console version of this game. . . Even knowing what's up next, I'm having stupid amounts of fun with it. It's so fast, everything loads instantly, you die - you're back in the game. They summoned you - you're already there. This is just how it should be.

Also, wtf, the
3 Sentinels
are a bitch to beat deprived, lol.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Wow, runs butter smooth on high and 1080p with my GTX 460 ! Im surprised. I dont have the fps but its smooth so, eh who cares.

akira28

That crow's nest at the beginning. :lol

I like the crows, they're cute. But fuck if I didn't "Discard" the damn shiny rocks instead of "Leave"-ing them in the nest. So they just disappeared into ether.

But atleast you don't have to quit and reload to get items, now.

Mkilbride

Banned
Like I said, I have had this problem before. Reinstalling Windows fixed it because I'm pretty sure it has something to do with a messed up driver installation somewhere. Sometimes they get permanently botched until you have a fresh OS installation.

It's overkill and supremely annoying, but it works I guess. Not saying you should, but the option is there if you are feeling THAT desperate.

Too nuclear, for sure, for a single game, it works in every other game.

The author of DS3Wrapper says they just tried the game and it works with DS3Wrapper, no fuss.

Upsetting, very.

Dezzy

The game looks and runs perfect on my monitor using DisplayPort. Crashes at launch on my HDTV with HDMI.
This seems to be a widespread bug, so hopefully it gets fixed soon. I really wanna play this on the big screen.

Mkilbride

Banned
Ya.

My game wouldn't even START with DS4Tool open. Just opened to a black screen with a spinning wait wheel.

We are one in ths then brother, it's really discouraging. So many with no problems, and us, a small crew of 10-15 with so far.

With no idea why this single game eludes us.

Too nuclear, for sure, for a single game, it works in every other game.

The author of DS3Wrapper says they just tried the game and it works with DS3Wrapper, no fuss.

Upsetting, very.

I think I've had your same issue before on my Windows 8 laptop. Pretty sure it was over bluetooth though. Are you using the controllers wired? To fix the issue, I think I just installed my official bluetooth drivers over again. Maybe you can do the same but with your usb drivers?

dmr87

Finally ended modding the buttons.

DAoBHTh.jpg

PS4 buttons instead of Xbox360. It works fine for DS3 too.

You can download from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4v6mm8ua1zqqbxi/PS4buttons.zip

Obviously you need Durante's GeDoSaTo to use this

Oh baby, I really need to sleep now, will fix tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing!

is anyone able to get decent frame at 7680x4320 and everything max in GeDoSato configuration. my 780ti cant even get more then 10fps =(

Only 8k? What are you, casul?

Try 4k

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Finally ended modding the buttons.

http://i.imgur.com/DAoBHTh.jpg

PS4 buttons instead of Xbox360. It works fine for DS3 too.

You can download from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4v6mm8ua1zqqbxi/PS4buttons.zip

Obviously you need Durante's GeDoSaTo to use this

Fuuuuuu, why doesn't Durante's mod work for me!? Someone make an idiot proof version of it where all you need to do is throw the textures in the same folder, boot the game and turn anti-aliasing on or something. FFuuuu.

I seriously dunno why Durante's "mod" crashes the game on loading for me.

cheezcake

Anyone else having issues with forcing HBAO+ through NV inspector?

The AO effect flickers off for me occasionally, then randomly turns back on after running around a bit

Kapow

Is there any hope of a mod that removes the despawning enemies? And if such a mod existed could one be banned for using it online?

Kapow

what are those numbers next to the armor slots and below the ring slots. it says 00:00:00.
mine shows like 00:05:00 or something like that and hasnt changed

That's the timer for the torch I believe so that would mean your torch lasts for 5 minutes

I can't believe I'm playing this on my computer and its this smooth ;_;

I don't feel like asking for help but fuck it, this fight is pissing me off. Against the
The Last Giant, how do I knock him over? It happened once and I don't know how I did it. The hitboxes on his spindly arms and legs are crazy

Chuck

Still without luck
is there a DS2 PC spec thread? if not, 1440p, high settings, constant 60. running gtx 570, i7 2600k, 8GB

awesome ( ≖‿≖)

finalflame

Anyone else having issues with forcing HBAO+ through NV inspector?

The AO effect flickers off for me occasionally, then randomly turns back on after running around a bit

I seem to be having the same issue, using a 780 Ti. I tried it using just nvInspector settings and nvInspector w/ GeDoSaTo, same problems. Thought I was going nuts, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom