• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
quick question: has anything been done to assist sorcerers in pvp? I remember sorceries being good for PVE but a death sentence against invaders

want to decide before I make my build

Super weird how some people feel DS2 is easier than DS1. So far I am having a pretty tough time with DS2. Don't remember dying so often in DS1 and I just finished beating it last night. Loving the game so far but its taking me awhile to progress.

Seems the games day 1 patch is late. Bandai Namco community guy is sayin the patch fixing the crash bug should be out tonight/tomorrow. Ridiculous.

No-Man's Wharf is probably the worst place in any video game.

You really have played zero bad games huh.

Anyway, I'm getting weird purple crap all over the place, like some kind of lighting glitch. Any idea what's going on?

Edit-nvm something in AMD was screwing with it.

JLeack

Banned
No-Man's Wharf is probably the worst place in any video game.

I just got through it. I spent 3 hours in there.

Eventually I popped a Humanity and summoned a guy. We were talking and having fun and then
I opened the chest upstairs which sends arrows flying everywhere. We both died.

It made me so made I verbally declared war on Dark Souls 2. Within 30 minutes I defeated the boss and cleared the area.

I hope to meet my long lost online friend again.

I was getting frustrated with the
Pursuer
fight until, on a whim, I tried using one of the
ballistas.
What the fuck, Dark Souls.

Is soldier's rest a dead end? I spent 30 minutes getting my ass kicked there for apparently no reason.

Seiru

Banned
Results so far trying to farm the Pursuer:

World masters killed with the ballista: 7
Pursuers killed with the ballista: 3

I have to say, the objective here has been to farm souls from killing the boss, but I'm getting enjoyment out of this either way.

Tenck

I just got through it. I spent 3 hours in there.

Eventually I popped a Humanity and summoned a guy. We were talking and having fun and then
I opened the chest upstairs which sends arrows flying everywhere. We both died.

It made me so made I verbally declared war on Dark Souls 2. Within 30 minutes I defeated the boss and cleared the area.

I hope to meet my long lost online friend again.

Sounds like I need to declare was on No-Man's Wharf too.

Mkilbride

Banned
So...I put in Durantes mod and turned everything off, I JUST want the Texture over-ride.

But my performance is still down massively...areas where I had 60+FPS...? Now 30-40...

WILL I EVER BE ABLE TO PLAY THIS GAME?!

God. Then I reset my NVIDIA profile, it helped, but my FPS isn't the same, even disabling the mod, cripes, what happened, it was running -perfectly- earlier, with AA even =/

So...I put in Durantes mod and turned everything off, I JUST want the Texture over-ride.

But my performance is still down massively...areas where I had 60+FPS...? Now 30-40...

WILL I EVER BE ABLE TO PLAY THIS GAME?!

God. Then I reset my NVIDIA profile, it helped, but my FPS isn't the same, even disabling the mod, cripes, what happened, it was running -perfectly- earlier, with AA even =/

Are there texture mods worth overriding already? That's pretty fast.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Pretty fun to get ambushed by three people, and a dog. Toss in a creature with long arms to the mix while you're at it. If that's your type of level design, props to you.

I know the encounter you're talking about and the long-armed creature isn't a part of that.

In any case it is very manageable if you just take your time and be smart and use the area to your advantage.

Is my current weapon just crappy somehow (Scimitar +3 and 20 dexterity), or does The Pursuer just have a fuckton of health? All of the bosses in this game just seem like damage sponges with wide, sweeping attacks.

Conezays

Finding it pretty easy after playing the game on PS3. Loving it again so far :) Great to be playing the game with a solid 60FPS.

Perhaps been asked/stupid question...my friend and I wanna co op together on PC-is there any easy way to go about this?

Mechazawa

This series is totally different when From doesn't botch the connectivity.

Playing Dark Souls was a lonely, almost pathetic experience with the rare sign/death scattered about.

But DS2 is practically comedic with all the bloodsigns of stupid deaths and silly messages.

Grief.exe

One place in Forest of the Giants I couldn't seem to get to.

There is an area
below the spot where the guy pushes a boulder trap at you then gives you the key to the mansion
. It has a wooden gate that leads to the last bonfire of the area where you fight all of the turtle enemies.

Hopefully that description makes some sense, but I could not find a way down to that point.

This series is totally different when From doesn't botch the connectivity.

Playing Dark Souls was a lonely, almost pathetic experience with the rare sign/death scattered about.

But DS2 is practically comedic with all the bloodsigns of stupid deaths and silly messages.

Well, there is also 60,000 concurrent players constantly funneling into the same area.

When that number cuts down drastically and players spread throughout the world, it will be less of a problem.

Holy crap the Blue Sentinels ring worked! I haven't ever seen it work on the PS3. Too bad I didn't kill the invader :(

Any advice on that one? I've had it on since the start of the game.

Tenck

I know the encounter you're talking about and the long-armed creature isn't a part of that.

B4660B2746F45D5C4BA5E455DADF34A86563D2E6

He was glitched outside of the house, and a quick restart seemed to help it. But there he is, in flesh and blood.

How do I repair my broken swords?

How can I get my friends in the game (if at all)?

Also I am terrible at this game. I can't even make it past the second giant in the city area. I decided to go elsewhere and haven't really found anything.

Vaporak

Just had my first invader, I beat him and got an Awestone but i didn't notice gaining any souls. It was pretty tense, we both ended up at low HP and he was trying to get me with a whip, attacking out of my range. I ended up baiting him into an attack to get him to sit still for a sec and nailed him with a throwing dagger to end it.

One place in Forest of the Giants I couldn't seem to get to.

There is an area
below the spot where the guy pushes a boulder trap at you then gives you the key to the mansion
. It has a wooden gate that leads to the last bonfire of the area where you fight all of the turtle enemies.

Hopefully that description makes some sense, but I could not find a way down to that point.

Are you trying to get to the other side of the wooden gate? There should be places to drop down, keep following the scaffolding and roof tops and you should be able to drop down. Unless you are talking about something else... I think you can see an area that is accessed later.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
He was glitched outside of the house, and a quick restart seemed to help it. But there he is, in flesh and blood.

That's probably why then, yeah.

He's normally by himself in the house off to the side and shouldn't get involved in the encounter if you stay far enough away.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
Been taking a break after helping so many fellow brethren on the Pursuer boss fight. Amassed around 50k souls! Time to buy some armor!

The Pursuer boss fight is pretty sweet to co-op. 2 people on the catapults and the other will bait the Pursuer into the catapult bolts.

What's funny is that I've died twice by the catapult bolts from other players haha.

Also, I run the game maxed out at 60 fps & 1080p on a GTX 480!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom