• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin |OT| Your weapons are weak, old man

Zocano

ah I thought about that. what if he was already dead (as he probably would be in vanilla when the dlc came out)? unless you dont mean
vendrick
?

edit: nvm hes dead lol. he IS easy, just stayed on his back/left side the whole time and he couldnt hit me, used my sword isntead of trying to use spells

I get the feeling you didn't get what you were supposed to find...

bobawesome

Started a Deprived character last night and currently farming for the Desert Sorceress outfit. I already have the top and gloves. Just to be certain: I can still receive equipment drops while in the Company of Champions covenant, right?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Holy crap, the path to Darklurker is hard as hell. Imma save this for much later lol.

Kazuhira

The way they changed
Dragon Shrine
must be one of the coolest additions in this version,they turned a beautiful but boring area into something much more interesting.
I wish the entire game had more of this type of changes,not just "hey we put this enemy here instead of there".
Proving yourself to the dragon knights and the ancient dragon by killing the drakekeepers was fucking awesome.
I was like this after killing one of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs

Artorias

Banned
The way they changed
Dragon Shrine
must be one of the coolest additions in this version,they turned a cool but boring area into something much more interesting.
I wish the entire game had more of this type of changes,not just "hey we put this enemy here instead of there".
Proving yourself to the dragon knights and the ancient dragon by killing the drakekeepers was fucking awesome.
I was like this after killing one of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs

I agree, thats one of the few changes that makes an area more epic. Definitely easier, but its kind of an uneasy feeling seeing them lined up and bowing.

Kemal86

Holy crap, the path to Darklurker is hard as hell. Imma save this for much later lol.

Poison arrows make the Dark Chasm's cakewalk. You can 1v1 every single fight with some creative pulling. The only one that gave me serious trouble was the first double hammer bro at the start of the Black Gulch Chasm.

I used the Shaded Woods Chasm for my Darklurker attempts. A long bonfire run than Drangleic Castle Chasm, but the Chasm itself is much easier/faster.

ike_

Can you tell me how to get this armor ?

I've beaten Lost Bastille,Wharf,Heide's tower and I still didn't get an option to buy this armor...Totally forgot how it unlocks.

Yeah sorry, it's just the Elite Knight Armor you can get from the Majula armorer from the beginning just by spending a certain number of souls with him. Didn't see your reply but you probably got it by now.

But hey it goes nicely with the Throne Watcher Leggings (late game armor available from the same dude). Also accessorizes quite well with the flamberge. Okay I'll stop posting glam shots now.

I am probably not going to stop posting glam shots.

la_briola

They told me I could be anything, so I became a Ballista.

2614C65D9580C32484A86C91E6E34CFE37989637

Dimmle

I had a spectacularly effective and aggressive NPC nearly solo the Tomb for me as I headed up the rear. You can summon her in the clusterfuck room right before Agdayne. Highly recommended.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Ha ha ha, finally Fume Knight is down, good riddance you bastard.

On my successful run I even kept him from entering his powered up phase.

I actually dreamed that I was playing Dark Souls 2, and I was doing coop. And then I got killed, but the other players could loot my corpse and then the character was deleted so I had to start over.

Now that would be an interesting feature.

So... i'm probably being really dumb here, but i'm stuck in D
rangleic
C
astle
. I've just fought a G
argoyle
miniboss and there is a closed door, and both paths just seem to circle me around the bonfire, any advice?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
rangleic
C
astle
. I've just fought a G
argoyle
miniboss and there is a closed door, and both paths just seem to circle me around the bonfire, any advice?

The room with all the statues up the big ladder is your next step.

rangleic
C
astle
. I've just fought a G
argoyle

There is a golem on the loop, kill something near it to activate an elevator.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So annoying having someone invade and then they just hide with the mobs expecting you to just rush forward. They see my giant 2 hand and instantly get afraid I guess lol.

Well, still hanging around on my 1st playthrough. Lvl 200 and hanging around Brume Tower helping people out with the fume knight. Helped 22 peeps beat that boss so far. Think I need 8 more boss kills to earn the top rank for the sunbro covenant. Bunch of magic users seem to have a TON of trouble fighting him I've noticed.

5618O8A.jpg

Abylim

Platinum Get.
Was definitely harder than vanilla, but mostly because you have to do some of the DLC's for the Plat, and some bosses in there are rough.

Loved it, though. I have a hard time ranking the Souls games and BB, though. they are all soo close in quality and enjoyment on my list, I think I'd put them all equal now.

Abylim

hey guys, kinda lost right now. I just finish the Iron Keep, I cant open the door after I get teleported (DLC?) where should I go next?

Go back to Majula, there should be a guy selling
ladders near the pit,
buy them and go down there.

Or go through Heide's Tower an
d No Mans Wharf.

After clearing the tower, you can go back to Majula and get
a lady to move the tunnel
, so instead of going to Heide's, you can go
to another place

Guru-Guru

Banned
The aggro in this game is crazy. I used the patented sprint pass enemies strat at certain times in Bloodborne. That hasn't worked for me well in Dark Souls II, as a lot of enemies seem to follow me forever and know exactly where I have gone.

I also beat 3 more bosses last night
The Pursuer, Flexile Sentry, and Dragon Rider. I beat Dragon Rider 1st try, and the former 2 bosses on my 2nd try. I really should have had Flexile Sentry on my 1st try, but I was so absorbed in the fight and was being super cautious...Which led me to not notice that the water level was rising. Next time I was super aggressive and took him down very fast.

All 3 of these bosses were quite simple. Their attacks are slow and pretty well telegraphed. I'm expecting that will change before long.

Victrix

*beard*
So annoying having someone invade and then they just hide with the mobs expecting you to just rush forward. They see my giant 2 hand and instantly get afraid I guess lol.

Seed of Giants was made for this, save them for a pvp invader who likes to butthug npcs, pop it and laugh as they get ambushed and crushed. If they don't die to the npc, you can finish them off when they panic roll away.

Go back to Majula, there should be a guy selling
ladders near the pit,
buy them and go down there.

Or go through Heide's Tower an
d No Mans Wharf.

After clearing the tower, you can go back to Majula and get
a lady to move the tunnel
, so instead of going to Heide's, you can go
to another place

Thanks, already finished Heide's Tower an
d No Mans Wharf.
. Well guess I will do the pit area first. But is that door I cant open part of the DLC?
Hitboxes are still weird with the Pursuer T_T and I have 106 agility.Yeah I know I didnt roll but I was clearly out of the way right?

trw

d No Mans Wharf.
. Well guess I will do the pit area first. But is that door I cant open part of the DLC?
Hitboxes are still weird with the Pursuer T_T and I have 106 agility.Yeah I know I didnt roll but I was clearly out of the way right?

What's supposed to be weird? You are in the middle of his swing, it's a clear hit?

Svafnir

How was I in the middle of his swing if hes stabbing me and I am to his left? hmm maybe the suddenly teleport also made it look strange to me as well :/

You got hit by the sword in its animation. It just happens to go into a canned specific animation, but yes you clearly got hit by it.

trw

Well the grab animations makes it look kinda weird like you're teleporting but if you watch the clip he does a swing into the stab which hit you dead on. So it's not a hitbox issue but a grab issue which frankly is annoying in all the souls games.

AlterOdin

d No Mans Wharf.

I think that it's the animation that is weird. You get hit, but walk half-around him before the canned animation kicks in. If they snapped to the animation faster, instance you get hit, I believe people would not complains as much about the hitboxes. (atleast with the pursuer-fight)

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
How'd you do that?

I read the claim that if you stay on him and keep doing damage regularly, he won't back up and charge his sword. I finally got his timing down and did that, never backing off, dodged under all his great sword swings. And he never went into phase II.

Like all boss behavior it could be erratic, but at least I got it to work.

Well the grab animations makes it look kinda weird like you're teleporting but if you watch the clip he does a swing into the stab which hit you dead on. So it's not a hitbox issue but a grab issue which frankly is annoying in all the souls games.

I think that it's the animation that is weird. You get hit, but walk half-around him before the canned animation kicks in. If they snapped to the animation faster, instance you get hit, I believe people would not complains as much about the hitboxes. (atleast with the pursuer-fight)
Gotcha, yeah I guess that animation really threw me off alot :/ But I def see what you guys mean now when I rewatch and pause at certain spots. haha kinda feel like an idiot now :p O well.
Don't roll sideways for that, and really don't roll left, that's where the swing and grab is occurring from. Forward or right.

Thanks for the tip :)

Abylim

d No Mans Wharf.

Yep, it's dlc

NeoFaff

Bought this earlier in the week. Think I'll get around to maxing out the abyss covenant this weekend. Can I still trivialise the boss with profound still? :p

Got the platinum trophy yesterday. Once I have a PC that accepts the DX11 version, I'm also planning another full run. I've done it 3 times, why not go for 4?

Top Bottom