• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin |OT| Your weapons are weak, old man

Hjod

Banned
So I've never played any of the Souls games before. My friend brought it over for the PS4 a couple of days ago, never thought I would get into it at all. But holy hell what a good game, been working and haven't been able to play more than a few hours, but I'm already addicted, I've already ordered it for my self along with Bloodborn.

Anung

Un Rama
All the greatsword love in this thread. Such an incredible weapon. To be honest I went with because it felt like an extension of Ludwigs easy mode from Bloodborne and because I want to pretend I'm Guts and that DS2 is basically Berserk in all but name: the game.

Fisty

Anyone want to do the 2nd DLC (Iron King)? Im around 130 on PS4, just beat Sunken King. Send a friend request to big-_-_-_-boss69

3rd DLC help!

Im next to some dude or lady that is just sitting there in a white robe and hood lol I cant talk to him or her. Should I kill the person?

Santiako

3rd DLC help!

Im next to some dude or lady that is just sitting there in a white robe and hood lol I cant talk to him or her. Should I kill the person?

They are just regular enemies that will wake up later, you can ignore them for now, or not, they just respawn anyway.

acsn

How do you unlock the new last boss? I've beaten all of the DLC and killed
Vendrick
. Was I supposed to hold off beating the game until I did all this?

So, i finished BB and i want to jump on DS2. My local shop only has Asia version but my account is US. I know that i won't get any DLC (lol, i hope Bamco won't release any DLC in the future) but can i get update/patch on US account?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
You can still do the DLC and get the new ending after beating
Nashandra
right?

Kama_1082

Banned
is there a SoFS walkthrough online? I know that it's not the right way to play it, but I want to have something handy so I don't miss anything

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Completely new to this game. Although I've played all the other Souls games -- any recommended resources? Game seems huge

Skatterd

Omg, I missed the "new" Lucatiel location at earthen peak, talked to her, and now she's at Aldia's Keep! I know for a fact that I had her help with the Flexile Sentry, and I just beat The Rotten 3 times in a row with her, and without her dying all three times. Is it safe to talk to her now? If I don't get the achievement, should I just turn my game off (or does it autosave super fast)?

I think I summoned her for Lost Sinner but I can't remember... should I go back, use a bonfire ascetic, summoner her and win the fight just in case?

edit: I'm scared to talk to her :( Might go use a bonfire ascetic at the no mans wharf and sinners rise again because I can't remember if she helped me there or not...

If you're playing on ps4, backup your save to the cloud :)

acsn

You can still do the DLC and get the new ending after beating
Nashandra
right?

That's what I'm trying to figure out because I just went back to the
Throne of Want
after finishing all the DLC and killing
Vendrick
and I can't get anything to trigger.

Skatterd

Throne of Want
Vendrick

You have to kill
Vendrick
before fighting
Nashandra

KarmaCow

Throne of Want
Vendrick

I don't know if they changed it for the re-release but when they patched it into the original,
you needed to fight and beat Nashandra for the new boss fight to trigger. I had to burn a bonfire ascetic and do the fight again.

Hugstable

Banned
Completely new to this game. Although I've played all the other Souls games -- any recommended resources? Game seems huge

Make sure you focus on pumping up your ADP stat early on in the game, as it will increase your iframes and survivability. 90 and up for Agility (this stat is raised from your ADP points) should make it much better for dodging, so try to get ADP up to 20 early on. Be on the lookout for Estus Flask Shards early on, there is one in majula that you can get on your first visit there so that you aren't stuck with just 1 flask in Forest of the Fallen Giants. Also make sure to equip 2 or so weapons early on and you will be fine as long as you aren't going over 70% equipment burden.

Been enjoying my playthrough quite a bit, decided to do a cestus power stance run and eventually switch over to bone fist/cestus once that becomes available. Been breezing through the main game so far, but looking forward to the DLC since I never played it in the original version of the game. Only one more great soul to get.

Momentary

Banned
That farming attire. Looking like a bonafide jackass.

335300_2015-04-18_00001_zps8fzi6xrb.png~original

My Dual Shock decided to run out of power during the Looking Glass Knight fight, that was an intense 10 or so seconds of me diving across the room trying to find and plug in my usb cord. I managed to survive though and lesson learned kids; pay attention to your battery power.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
I just had a rather unique experience as I was co-oping in the DLC area
Frigid Outskirts
. Got summoned into a world with two other phantoms already present, both the other phantoms and the host were using characters with pink hair in a ponytail and using a Greatsword and Havel's Shield. I wasn't entirely sure if it was a weird set-up or just a coincidence, so I didn't resort to my usual tactic of stripping naked and spamming the "This one's me" emote that I fall back on when I'm pretty sure I'm in a world where everybody else is in on a joke.

Everything went normal until we reached the end, with the long bridge over a chasm leading to the fog gate. All of a sudden the three of them stopped, then the phantoms jumped off the bridge to their deaths and the host followed immediately thereafter. Whole thing happened so fast that I only had time to point at myself with my thumbs twice before being sent back to my world.

I been summoned for boss fights, farming runs, gank squads, and level completion plenty of times, but that's the first time I've ever gotten summoned into a suicide pact.

These falcon armor guys in the brightstone cove area have the most hilariously awful animation. Their little weird fast run and thrusting animation look like something out a benny hill skit

Korosenai

If you're playing on ps4, backup your save to the cloud :)
On Xbox one, but I managed to get the achievement :)

Super happy about it. Now all I need is the final four achievements for getting all the different spells. All I need is the dlc spells and the new game ++ spells.

On Xbox one, but I managed to get the achievement :)

Super happy about it. Now all I need is the final four achievements for getting all the different spells. All I need is the dlc spells and the new game ++ spells.

Where does Lucatiel show up? I talked to her at No-Man’s Wharf and Sinner’s Rise. Kept her alive for the boss battle
for Flexile Sentry, The Lost Sinner and Smelter Demon. However I never found or talk to her for the Iron Keep

NEO0MJ

My Dual Shock decided to run out of power during the Looking Glass Knight fight, that was an intense 10 or so seconds of me diving across the room trying to find and plug in my usb cord. I managed to survive though and lesson learned kids; pay attention to your battery power.

This happened to me in Bloodborne, only instead of rushing to the power cord I just turned off the PS4 as I didn't have a power cord near me at the time.

These falcon armor guys in the brightstone cove area have the most hilariously awful animation. Their little weird fast run and thrusting animation look like something out a benny hill skit

Is this gonna be a thing?

Where does Lucatiel show up? I talked to her at No-Man’s Wharf and Sinner’s Rise. Kept her alive for the boss battle
for Flexile Sentry, The Lost Sinner and Smelter Demon. However I never found or talk to her for the Iron Keep

You don't talk to her in the Iron Keep, at least not in the original game. That's just to give you another chance to summon her. The last place you find her at is in Aldia's Keep, after you get the King's Ring. She's in a shed outside the mansion.

Cerity

Settled on the grand lance, thing is just fun to play with. Gotta find one of those cool looking greatshields.

She's also in
Earthern peak, pretty close by the bonfire above the boss.

Dawg

Shaded Woods. When you get to the fog area, hug left and keep going.

Thanks! Still early in the game, though. Defeated the first boss. And an NPC invader afterwards. Pursuer killed me earlier. The platform he drops down on had like 5 royal soldiers?

You don't talk to her in the Iron Keep, at least not in the original game. That's just to give you another chance to summon her. The last place you find her at is in Aldia's Keep, after you get the King's Ring. She's in a shed outside the mansion.

She's also in
Earthern peak, pretty close by the bonfire above the boss.
Do I need to talk to her there for the trophy? Cause I didnt T_T

pa22word

Is enemy despawning changed? I must have killed these guys near the Pursuer fight 30+ times now?

Na, I despawned some guys in the Old Iron King DLC before Sir A.

Don't judge brehs, that charge attack is some nasty shit man >.>

EDIT: oh and I also despawned the dude that sits to trap you in the doorway right down the ladder in the cardinal tower laaaate in the game. Not due to deaths or anything, but because I was just constantly going through that area and I guess just went through it enough that he despawned lol

Audioboxer

Yeah, tried a DEX Swordsman the first time I ever played DKS2 and gave up at the Pursuer. Switched to Sword n' Board/STR and had no issues after that...

Think I'll need to switch. Level 80 just now, and going between ricards and falchions. I do okay damage, but the lack of stunlocking is hurting. Bit of a paper bag as well if I mess up.

Might 2hand the greatsword. Strength/strike weapons are simply favoured in DS2. For PvE anyway. Dex is nice and quick, and can do some damn good damage, but it's tough. Especially coming off of Bloodbornes combat. Even with agility high, it can feel like luck at times with rolls. Some of the enemy attacks to your hitbox are a joke (going one way and then at the last second 90 degree instaturn).

So new dks2 player.
I was farming the desert sorceress enemies in that windmill place and that mine.
Despawned all of them twice.
Got every piece of their armor 4 times over except the skirt/leggings.
Anywhere i can farm more bonfire ascetics to respawn them?
Cant believe my awful luck.

Top Bottom