• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin |OT| Your weapons are weak, old man

Deku Tree

Nah, the game is out here, everywhere. I just called GAME, they have it in. All the webstores have it in including EU PSN.

Those of us in NA have to wait until April 7 for the 60fps weapon durability bug on PS4. Is the bug really that bad? Makes me feel like I should hold off to wait to see if there is a patch before buying...

Abylim

That is how it always was. The "bug" is only am increased wallcorpse penalty. Sharp weapons degrade faster against armor, if I recall correctly.

There is an issue with durability, but it is not a blanket 2x like some people are saying.

No, it is not how it always was.
As someone who platinumed this when it launched, sinking 200 hours into the PS3 version, it most definitely is not how it was.

I dont keep attacking when they are dead. I dont hit walls or ground, and I was using a hammer, so it wasnt even sharp.

Neoweee

No, it is not how it always was.
As someone who platinumed this when it launched, sinking 200 hours into the PS3 version, it most definitely is not how it was.

I dont keep attacking when they are dead. I dont hit walls or ground, and I was using a hammer, so it wasnt even sharp.

Shit, so it is now worse than it was on the original PC version?

I'll likely be waiting on this then

Carcetti

It still has the idiotic 60 fps weapon bug? Jaysus? Didn't they even try with this version? That's some Ubisoft/EA level work.

Neoweee

i don't know how bad it was on pc but i tested it and i killed 2 dudes and my durability went from 40 to 9

That sounds like a new bug, then. Wow.

I'm interested in hearing more. My preorder is canceled for now. I don't think I ever had a weapon break on PS3.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Never had a problem with weapons breaking. Just keep spares or something.

Edit: what's mentioned above is quite weird.

Kazuhira

The brightness in this version is too high imo.
Also enemies can go through fog gates now,kinda dumb if you ask me,they might as well remove them if they´re going to do this.

Abylim

Shit, so it is now worse than it was on the original PC version?

I'll likely be waiting on this then

Never touched the PC version, so I cant comment on it.

Look, I'm not some whiny, entitled gamer. I like my games challenging, but fair.

This series has almost always been that.

This durability issue is not challenging, its annoying.

As a die hard fan, I'm considering returning it, to be honest.

Since Dark Souls one, I have attacked chests incase they were trapped. Now I have to switch to a shit weapon to do that. It breaks the flow of the game, and its unnecessary.

Everytime I see a tight space now, I groan, and lead all the enemies out into the open. Sure, its strategy, but its not how I played these games before. Hell, its not how I played the PS3 version of this game, lol.

From have even put a lot of carts and shit in the way of shortcuts, so we have to either attack them, and risk durability, or risk durability by killing the long way around. It doesnt make sense.

Abylim

im done,no way im playing this broken game atm

i can stream it and show how much it sucks if you guys want

Please, do.

I have yet to see anything as severe as what you describe.

It takes me 10 or 15 enemies to get my weapons down to near broken.

EDIT: sorry, double post =\

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
I'm currently installing the game. I want to test the durability issue that you guys mentioned. If it's the same as DS2 vanilla on PC then it's annoying, yes, but not THAT big of a deal. If it's worse, then yeah I can understand your frustration.

Bluenoser

im done,no way im playing this broken game atm

i can stream it and show how much it sucks if you guys want

Wha?? What's wrong with it? Broken online? Glitches?

So disappointed that they couldn't lock 60fps but considering the last gen drops to low 20's in some areas, I guess it will have to do.

Grady

Did not realize durability was such an issue. Was it like this on the 360? I never had an issue when i played it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Couldn't even watch because of the lag. For anyone who played the 60fps PC version, how much "worse" is it?

Circinae

Neo Member
Couldn't even watch because of the lag. For anyone who played the 60fps PC version, how much "worse" is it?

Watched him hit one mob six times and hit the wall once. It lost four durability, which is pretty much the same as I remember it on the PC. It has been a while, but I'm fairly sure I used the Bronze Knuckle ring, maybe +1 and I was fine with one weapon set through the entire game.

sprinkles

The €uro upgrade price was a nice surprise. Was expecting €19.99 and would have grabbed it at that price too, but €14.99 is even better.
I am seeing 25 € for the upgrade - do owners of the DLC get additional discount?

I'd like to see more comparison screenshots for the DX9 and DX11 versions before I buy.

Yoshichan

Listen up people, I want to know if a standard weapon (like the broadsword) can still kill everything from the first bonfire in Forest of the fallen Giants to the second one (inside the small cathedral with the NPC). If that works, then nothing has changed from the PC-version.
I'll let you know soon. 50% installed.
Thanks!

Abylim

i know i never played dark souls and i just came from bloodborne so im pressing all the wrong buttons

You hit the wall a shit ton, man.

The weps are definitely going down, but I saw you kill a few and it was still at 27/40.

If it was as bad as you earlier described I'd call it broken. As it is now, I think its an annoying bug thats killing my enjoyment. Playable if you reaaalllyyy want your DS2 fix, but I think I'm done. I'll grab it when its cheaper, or when they patch it.

I played through the original on PC, durability wasn't much of an issue. Sure, my weapons broke once in a while, I just kept two viable options on me to deal with it. Also, the patch notes mention increasing durability for a bunch of weapons so it should be less of an issue now. I wouldn't be too worried.

Listen up people, I want to know if a standard weapon (like the broadsword) can still kill everything from the first bonfire in Forest of the fallen Giants to the second one (inside the small cathedral with the NPC). If that works, then nothing has changed from the PC-version.

Thanks!

I killed everything from majula to the 2nd fotfg bonfire with a dagger. Just don't swing at corpses and its fine.

Yoshichan

Does the fact that you're testing on a broken straight sword factor in? Does it degrade faster than normal weapons?
No, it just has slightly less durability than the other weapons (and the actual damage sucks on it).
I played through the original on PC, durability wasn't much of an issue. Sure, my weapons broke once in a while, I just kept two viable options on me to deal with it. Also, the patch notes mention increasing durability for a bunch of weapons so it should be less of an issue now. I wouldn't be too worried.
Same. I loved carrying two "main" weapons for this reason.

Circinae

Neo Member
As a previous PC player, I do highly recommend using the durability reduction ring and IIRC, some weapons wear down slower than others, such as great clubs.

Tawpgun

So I had someone tell me when they played DS2 on the PC with an XB1 controller it was always dropping their shield.

Like they held the bumper to keep it up and it would randomly drop. Hope this isn't the case for the Xb1 version.

NoWayOut

Ah, there are the people defending the 60fps bug! Neat to see them in the wild.

It's not such a big deal like some make it to be. Plenty of people played hundreds of hours on PC at 60fps without problems using all kinds of builds and weapon combinations. I played through the game on PC and I didn't even know there was a durability bug before I joined GAF.

Yoshichan

I killed everything from majula to the 2nd fotfg bonfire with a dagger. Just don't swing at corpses and its fine.
Then everything is perfectly fine with this version. Durability was an issue for me during the first 2 hours of the game; after that I managed to control my swings. This game is fucking amazing and the durability contributed to that.

wickfut

Banned
yeah the weapon durability is completely broken. I climbed to the bit were the first heide knight used to be sitting under the tree and picked up an axe. The axe was broken by the time I had killed all the enemies there and walked through the fog gate into the tunnel towards the bomb chucking guy on the stair way.

Abylim

Thanks!

It cant.

Maybe with higher str and upgrades, but I tried that earlier, it broke in the tree area, when I killed the guy throwing the firebombs.

Top Bottom