• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

kaos.

I hate you. You do not realize the number of attempts I had to do, to defeat him on my SL 130 character. And that was on NG+ which quite honestly is like 10% harder than NG. I'm not looking forward to fighting him in NG++

lol
As I said in my previous post, my first time vs him was very different: he destroyed my SL80 character multiple times... :/
But I finally had my revenge. :)

laxu

The only weapon I want nerfed is Dark Sword, is just ridiculous to have a such strong straight sword with the same speed as others.

I also want the rapier stagger to be changed but I guess that might be coming in the upcoming patch.

Even though I really like the Dark Sword I agree that it is way powerful since it does almost the same damage as some huge and slow weapons. Or actually the larger weapons should just do more damage in the first place. Same for weapons like whips. Overall the game has too many weapons that are just not viable because they either don't stagger, are too slow or do too little damage, in the worst case all of them.

Soulhouf

could you up the meta level.. im 161 ng+ on ps4

Since I'm going to be the host and my highest level character is 90, I'm curious how much yours will be nerfed.
It's not a big deal though since your stats will be only virtually reduced.

Try this (it was my set-up): embered, hp always full, Lloyd's Shield Ring and Lloyd's Sword Ring equipped, stay always behind her butt.
On Monday morning I will upload my sl1 dancer battle (it is nothing special), maybe it could be useful to you!
Anyway, i did the webm of my sl1 battle vs champion gundyr because I like it so much:

http://b.1339.cf/exexuip.webm

I hope you'll like it too. :)

Beautiful!

Gundyr is my least favorite boss because he looks generic and we saw so many bosses like that in the previous games.
That's the only boss I always coop because I want to move on and I don't want to waste my time learning his pattern.

kaos.

Beautiful!

Gundyr is my least favorite boss because he looks generic and we saw so many bosses like that in the previous games.
That's the only boss I always coop because I want to move on and I don't want to waste my time learning his pattern.

Thanks.
I like every ds3's boss (except vordt... maybe), imho it is true that gundyr looks generic but i think that he has a very cool moveset (maybe a little unfair, like the tracking of his charge)... it's funny fight against him!
The only thing that i don't like about gundyr is the second stage or iudex's fight... due to the (very) bad hitboxes. -_-''

AXE

So, defeated Sulyuff and got invaded by 3 people. Haven't been invaded like so before. How does that work?

Kept fighting with the first one for some minutes and suddenly 2 more invaded.

Try this (it was my set-up): embered, hp always full, Lloyd's Shield Ring and Lloyd's Sword Ring equipped, stay always behind her butt.
On Monday morning I will upload my sl1 dancer battle (it is nothing special), maybe it could be useful to you!
Anyway, i did the webm of my sl1 battle vs champion gundyr because I like it so much:

http://b.1339.cf/exexuip.webm

I hope you'll like it too. :)
Such a show off with those reverse parries! :p

That was really impressive!

Ferr986

So, given the success of the first one, let's make another one. All these cocky manikin claws users can prove if the are really OP lol

Same as last time:

This weekend

PS4

Saturday 21:00 GMT (9:00 pm)

That's 16:00 EST (4:00 pm) and 14:00 PDT (2:00 pm)

Take care about your summer times and all, here's a cool site to compare timezones and hours:

http://time.is/compare

That dosn't mean we'll start exactly at that hour, but rather a time to put in common so we'll know more or less when to start. We probably will stay for some time, so just join when you can.

Rules:

- No healing (obviously)

- Buffs allowed

- No dark sword

- No bitching, we probably are a varied group of individuals that are spread around the globe, lag is gonna be a thing, we should try to have fun and just that.

- No tournament, just people dueling each other in some kind of king-of-the-hill thingy: two players fight, winner keeps fighting until he loses, rinse and repeat. We need a host, and he probably wants fun, so he can join if he wants, I think we should rotate hosts so everyone can have some fun regularly.

- First buff is free, both players can buff once before attacking each other, any other buff will have to happen midfight.

I'm keeping the old spreadsheet, so update your info or join at will

Quote to see it

PC people are free to use the spreadsheet and organize a paralel event.
But majority of people are on PS4, I hope you can have some fun too.

Elysium was very kind to host like 90% of the time. So please let's try to share this duty, remember to have
Aldritch
alive, otherwise host can't summon more than 2 reds.

Finally, I'll look into creating a PS4 group, or if someone wants to create one, instead of waiting for me, please do so. But I think we should still coordinate in this thread, is probably easier.

Not sure if I'll be at house this saturday but if I do, I'll surely join you guys!

explodet

So, defeated Sulyuff and got invaded by 3 people. Haven't been invaded like so before. How does that work?

The area just pass the Pontiff is a community-designated PVP zone. Because you were embered, you made yourself available for invasions.
Also, members of the Aldrich Faithful covenant are summoned into that area automatically to take care of any trespassers. If you're not embered, you won't be invaded.

On a related note, one thing I've noticed playing through NG+ with the Way of Blue equipped: I've had Darkmoon Blade members summoned when I've been invaded in every area except the ruined cathedral. I'll run around being chased by invaders for ages and never get any help. It's so strange.

There's a area protection covenant that lets two people invade you, and then a red probably invaded you too.

I was watching "Link Vs Cloud" (Death Battle) and saw this from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword:

L9AEE5.jpg

Is the
Nameless King
boss battle a homage to this or it's just a coincidence?

Ferr986

Maan, Sacred Flame is clunky as hell online. A lot of times I clearly hit others players when they're not rolling, even damaging then with the hit, but the grab doesn't happen.

Alo0oy

Banned
I was invading in the crucifixion woods and some watchdog of farron invades and attacks, he may have thought he gained the host's trust, but the host attacked him anyway, he then tried to "make amends", so I said fuck him and killed him, waived at the host and left.

I don't know why there are so many idiot invaders that just attack other invaders.

Soulhouf

I was invading in the crucifixion woods and some watchdog of farron invades and attacks, he may have thought he gained the host's trust, but the host attacked him anyway, he then tried to "make amends", so I said fuck him and killed him, waived at the host and left.

I don't know why there are so many idiot invaders that just attack other invaders.

It doesn't matter who they kill, the Mound Makers will get the reward, also any player who kill them get the shackle, so I can understand if one of those is there invaders will attack (be attacked by) them.
When any other type of invaders murder each other it doesn't make any sense though. What will they gain by doing so? It's baffling.

lol
As I said in my previous post, my first time vs him was very different: he destroyed my SL80 character multiple times... :/
But I finally had my revenge. :)

Heh fair enough. I learned to not circle to his back because of his roundhouse kick combo. I parried him a couple times but did minimal damage so decided to say screw it cause I'm not good at parrying.

It doesn't matter who they kill, the Mound Makers will get the reward, also any player who kill them get the shackle, so I can understand if one of those is there invaders will attack (be attacked by) them.
When any other type of invaders murder each other it doesn't make any sense though. What will they gain by doing so? It's baffling.

Mound-makers have to keep killing the more invaders there are though...it's in their best interest to just kill the host. I can see a red killing a purple for the shackle though. As for reds killing reds, do they get a tongue, or is it only if they kill the host/bluebro?

I believe Titanfall does but I do not know much of the specifics for it.

I only played their closed beta, so I never knew. But the duel server would be magnificent, let the whiny kids fight with stick and stones.

Melchiah

And so it is done.

BXvYluYl.jpg

I got the
Usurpation of Fire
ending, and did all the NPC quests but that of Sirris. Loved those of Siegward and Yuria. I also did the save trick to get the rest of the endings, and it took me
638k souls to heal the Dark Sigil
for one of them.

oh christ, I'm still missing the Life Ring +3. Looks like I have two more bosses. Shame. I wanted Nameless King++ to be the final boss.

I'll come back here if I need help with Gundir.

edit: what the fuck?! I don't even have the base Havel's Ring.

I really want to make a cosplay character but I can't decide who to make.

Anyone on PC with all the rings available to help me finish the ring achievement?

Why do people do this? Isn't the whole point of an achievement to... you know, achieve something? Why cheese it by having someone drop you the items? I don't get it.

(I don't mean to single you out, because I've seen others in here do the same thing. You just have the closest available post to quote.)

1 hour and not a single Proof of Concord drop with 325 ID.

Fuck this 10/10, perfect Souls game.

It's much easier and faster to get these while doing PvP. Go to the Cruxifiction Wood bonfire in the Road of Sacrifices area. It's PvP galore there. Use a thrusting sword to make things even easier (I like the Irithyll one that does frost). I had so much fun doing PvP. Here's something that happened while I was doing it, haha.

I restarted a character because I was way overleveled and could not do PvP. Check out the Recommended Level guide on the wiki.

The only drop that is somewhat easy to get by farming are Pale Tongues, and it's still easier to get them in PvP.

Juraash

So I'm moving towards the platinum at a rapid pace and I kinda wanted to post my thoughts about the game now that I'm nearing my third clear.

Before I get into specifics I'll just say this process was done entirely alone, without summons or pvp. Yes, I as actually crazy enough to farm all the covenants to max level offline, even though there was at least one you didn't have to take a the way.

Anyways, as I reflect on this game, it might be my favorite of the Souls series proper (we'll say Bloodborne is separate for this talk). I thought just about every area and major boss were well done and there was some genuine challenge to some of the encounters. Top bosses for me in terms of enjoyment:

Abyss Watchers - Mostly for their lore and the music in the encounter. Their mechanics and moves tied into their story in a really cool way. This fight just sticks with me through all my hours as a really special one.

Yhorm - specifically Yhorm when you take Seigward's quest to its end. The Yhorm fight is neat anyways, with a cool call back to Demon's Souls, but the encounter really gets awesome with Onionbro involved.

Nameless King - a great fight from a mechanical standpoint and a lore one. I really loved the implications of who this was and the links to Dark Souls you got in this fight.

Twin Princes - another really cool fight with a nice story bit in the beginning. Also some neat lore surrounding the two of them. I'm big on lore/story in this game if you couldn't tell.

Boss I died to the most was by far Aldrich, he was the only one to push me into double digits for attempts.

I know this was a point of contention in a previous OT, but the callbacks really worked or me in this game. Whether is was revisiting specific locations or seeing something tied back to former games through some flavor text, it all really worked for me.

Overall I just felt this was the most honed Souls experience to date. Areas felt good, armor was cool, weapons seed varied and interesting especially with weapon arts, the soundtrack was strong and emotional and the game probably featured some of my favorite npc quests in the series. I'm just very, very pleased with the experience and am looking g forward to a few more play throughs once I get the plat.

Arjen

It's much easier and faster to get these while doing PvP. Go to the Cruxifiction Wood bonfire in the Road of Sacrifices area. It's PvP galore there. Use a thrusting sword to make things even easier (I like the Irithyll one that does frost). I had so much fun doing PvP. Here's something that happened while I was doing it, haha.

I restarted a character because I was way overleveled and could not do PvP. Check out the Recommended Level guide on the wiki.

The only drop that is somewhat easy to get by farming are Pale Tongues, and it's still easier to get them in PvP.

If it would work it would be easier sure, every character from level 20 to 200 I've had the covenant equiped, total summons: 0

Robot Pants

So I was getting my haircut a couple of days ago and I was looking around the shop. I happened to look across at the station that was empty right in front of me and noticed this at the top towards the ceiling.

64ukbNo.jpg

It took me a second cause I was far away but eventually I thought.... "is that a map of Lothric?"

Pretty cool.

Alo0oy

Banned

It was a Watchdog of Farron and not Mound-Maker, their goal is to kill the trespasser aka. host.

Kieli

It's weird. Lorian's first phase is really easy (can run it with maybe 1 or 2 flasks). Second phase, he has essentially the same moveset, but I keep dying to him. Dunno why.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Hahaha that pic of classic Mötley Crüe :D

That barber shop seems pretty cool!

As for reds killing reds, do they get a tongue, or is it only if they kill the host/bluebro?
IIRC reds don't get a tongue for killing another red. I think they might get a sunlight medal if the red is in the sunbro covenant though... pretty sure I got occasional sunlight medals whenever there was a second invader who was a sunbro.

I really want to make a cosplay character but I can't decide who to make.
Check your PMs! [Edit: fuck, I hope you're on PS4... xD]

Soulhouf

GAF DS3 Club created on PS4.

I tried to invite people who are on the spreadsheet. If you didn't receive an invitation, either I couldn't find you because you misspelled your name or I found multiple people who have the same name and I couldn't figure out who's the right one.

Anyway, you can subscribe to the community, it's open.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

I tried to invite people who are on the spreadsheet. If you didn't receive an invitation, either I couldn't find you because you misspelled your name or I found multiple people who have the same name and I couldn't figure out who's the right one.

I'm in!

Edit: Forgot to say thanks!

Almost have my new build, not sure if it will suck, but should be fun.

Man, sucks when the weapon you want is so far ahead in the game.

Surprisingly of all the weapons I tried, I ended with the Astora Straight Sword, since I couldn't find a decent DEX+FTH weapon, or at least that weapon with raw infusion easily surpassed all my other option.

It was uncomfortable, since I don't really like straight swords, but at least is almost over.

Thanks for doing it.

I'll join when I finish my session.

explodet

Still have server issues. PS4 EU. Anyone else? I assume it's maintenance related...?
I'm on PS4 NA, and I can't log in either.
Didn't realize there was maintenance today?

And maybe it's just me, but the framerate took a nosedive running around the Grand Archives while offline.

Meanwhile, on PC:

tumbleweed.jpg

sadpepe.jpg

1 hour and not a single Proof of Concord drop with 325 ID.

Fuck this 10/10, perfect Souls game.

Utilize the Golden Falcon Shield, let it soar and provide you with countless concords!

Still have server issues. PS4 EU. Anyone else? I assume it's maintenance related...?
Maybe the server issues have to do with the update we're getting tomorrow? I haven't tried getting on because my GPU decided to pretty much crap out on me ;_;

Meanwhile, on PC:

tumbleweed.jpg

sadpepe.jpg

Hey, at least you have me :D

Top Bottom